PDA

View Full Version : Other RIP Stuart from the Hop & Grapes.

Leam_Lin
12-01-2012, 16:13
Has any one heard of the sad news concerning Stuart from the Hop & Grapes.

Zara
12-01-2012, 16:54
No :confused:

Leam_Lin
12-01-2012, 20:06
No :confused:

I'm as confused as you.

Andy0210
13-01-2012, 15:00
This post doesnīt seem right to me.

Now everyone that knew / knows Stuart subject to what the news is will be worrying.

Either clear it up or donīt post it is my advice.

Leam_Lin
13-01-2012, 16:37
This post doesnīt seem right to me.

Now everyone that knew / knows Stuart subject to what the news is will be worrying.

Either clear it up or donīt post it is my advice.

Why doesn't it seem right to you, I was asking if anyone else knew anything about Stuart.

PUNTARASCA
13-01-2012, 16:52
Why doesn't it seem right to you, I was asking if anyone else knew anything about Stuart.
Well you obviously know something, otherwise you wouldnīt have mentioned the SAD NEWS bit, would you

tonypub
13-01-2012, 16:57
so were all guessing/wondering.people who know him will obviously be worried.

Suej
13-01-2012, 17:10

Letīs put it another way Leam Lin what do you know about Stuart? your quote "Sad news" is obviously going to spark off some concern for anyone who has ever met him:confused:

If you think you may have quoted something in error you can always remove your post!;)

Red Devil
13-01-2012, 17:51
I was told by someone in the bar that sadly Stuart had died just before Christmas and his wife had returned to UK for now at least.
I have been past the bar frequently since, He is def not there and his keyboard covered, so can only assume it could be true.
Can't understand why the bar owner hasn't at least put a little sign in the door - I do know he has been ill for quite a while but he was only in his 50's, such a shame and he will be sadly missed.
I haven't posted anything before because I was surprised there was nothing in local papers etc, so held back.
A 100% confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Suej
13-01-2012, 17:59
Sad news indeed! Thank you for clarifying the situation. My condolances to the Family.

gabble ratchet
13-01-2012, 20:38
yes i can confirm that stuart died a week before xmas - his wife returned to the uk after his funeral to be with her family and has now returned to tenerife - there was a notice placed in the bar/doors after he died informing people of his death and the funeral arrangements

Leam_Lin
13-01-2012, 21:08
yes i can confirm that stuart died a week before xmas - his wife returned to the uk after his funeral to be with her family and has now returned to tenerife - there was a notice placed in the bar/doors after he died informing people of his death and the funeral arrangements

Thank you. Shirley if you read this, Jim & I are very sorry for your loss,Stuart was a genuine guy.

karaokeking
28-12-2012, 10:29
Hi. This is a bit late to answer your question, obviously you used to go in the Hops. Itīs a little confusing to all those who didnīt know Stuart. For those who didnīt Stuart was the owner of the Hops, and used to play the keyboards.
Unfortunatly he died of cancer on the 15th of Dec last year. As i have mentioned in one of the other posts, i have been going in there for several years now, it was allways a good night in there. I used to get up and do my singing allong with quite a few others. Stuart was a great keyboard player and could play for anyone.
Anyway a great guy called John has taken the bar over and he has got a keyboard player and he is verry good at backing all the singers who get up. I believe Shirly who was Stuarts wife has been in the UK for a couple of months and is expected back on the island on Boxing day. thanks.

Leam_Lin
28-12-2012, 11:11
Where have you been:doh:

Have been in lots of times since John took over, still a good bar.

KirstyJay
28-12-2012, 16:34
Thread closed, as there's no need to have this thread re-activated after over a year. There is a Hop and Grapes review thread that can be used for any reviews.