PDA

View Full Version : Is Eze Group a good company to deal with?

ElaineTV
13-01-2012, 12:29
Hi all, just wanted some feed back about the eze group. Does anyone think they are a good company worth investing in or not? Thanks.

Leam_Lin
13-01-2012, 12:44
Welcome to the forum, are you living in Tenerife or elsewhere, lets us know about yourself.

ElaineTV
13-01-2012, 13:22
Hi, I know I've post in the wrong section but it was the only one that let me post without an error message??

Anyway, I live in the UK but will be moving to the island this summer. I'm married with 3 young children so I will be using the forum quite a bit over the next few months no doubt! :spin:

AL JAY
13-01-2012, 13:28
Just googled some info on them....

http://mindtimeshare.me/2011/06/20/how-to-tell-if-someone-is-lying-eze-group-and-regency-shores-sl/

ElaineTV
13-01-2012, 13:49
Yeah I read that, what they're offering us has nothing to do with timeshare but entertainment and leisure purchases, they offer up to 30% off brochure prices... it all sounds very plausible but just got a gut feeling all is not what it seems. We signed up for it in Dec but have a found a loophole to avoid being tied before committing to any finance, so now debating whether to proceed with finance company or bail out. If I knew anyone who had a positive experience it would help, but so far can't find anything positive about them?? :confused:

AL JAY
13-01-2012, 14:17
You can can get all the entertainment/leisure purchases here on the forum from forum members!

MBTScotland
11-04-2012, 15:26
Yeah I read that, what they're offering us has nothing to do with timeshare but entertainment and leisure purchases, they offer up to 30% off brochure prices... it all sounds very plausible but just got a gut feeling all is not what it seems. We signed up for it in Dec but have a found a loophole to avoid being tied before committing to any finance, so now debating whether to proceed with finance company or bail out. If I knew anyone who had a positive experience it would help, but so far can't find anything positive about them?? :confused:

I read with interest about the "loop Hole" we also signed up and so far we are not impressed.
Can you let me know what it is please.
Thank you.

timmylish
12-04-2012, 01:48
To the O/p and MBT. Please, please tell me that you have read the comments of others who have been on presentations and some who have signed up....

comment removed

...As most people on here know, before having to retire for health reasons, I was actively involved in the T/s industry here on Tenerife for more than 20 odd years, and have no qualms in telling people as I have nothing I should be worried about. Although I have no knowledge of this company, but do know the specific resorts being used...

comment removed

...In Europe any purchase must have a cooling off, cancellation etc period and in most cases the minimum will be 10 days but more likely to be 14 days. Nowadays it is illegal to take a deposit of any kind when making such purchases....

comment removed

...Please do whatever you feel comfortable with...

comment removed

ElaineTV
19-04-2012, 09:27
To the O/p and MBT. Please, please tell me that you have read the comments of others who have been on presentations and some who have signed up....

comment removed

...As most people on here know, before having to retire for health reasons, I was actively involved in the T/s industry here on Tenerife for more than 20 odd years, and have no qualms in telling people as I have nothing I should be worried about. Although I have no knowledge of this company, but do know the specific resorts being used...

comment removed

...In Europe any purchase must have a cooling off, cancellation etc period and in most cases the minimum will be 10 days but more likely to be 14 days. Nowadays it is illegal to take a deposit of any kind when making such purchases....

comment removed

...Please do whatever you feel comfortable with...

comment removed

Wise words Timmylish!! Fortunately we were clued up, we did sign up... comment removed ...but we had to falsify the finance document by putting a false income, therefore when we returned to the UK we saw a lawyer... comment removed ...and demand our refund. We have so far been amicable with them as they have withdrawn the contract (no choice legally) but they are dragging their heels on the refund of the deposit. I will give them a further 7 days and if still no refund then I will have to pursue the international claims court with added interest, not to mention the bad publicity I intend to give them! :wink2:

Digger
19-04-2012, 10:19
Hi

Read with interest the views about Eze Group. I have just returned from Tenerife and wondered if anyone could advise me about the loophole to get out of this contract. Thanks

timmylish
19-04-2012, 15:08
Hi

Read with interest the views about Eze Group. I have just returned from Tenerife and wondered if anyone could advise me about the loophole to get out of this contract. Thanks

Have you CAREFULLY read my post?

hughsailor
09-05-2012, 10:30
Hi,
I've just returned from Tenerife, and signed up with Eze group yesterday.I paid them £720 deposit yesterday. They told me they could get rid of my timeshare if I joined their scheme.
Is there any way I can avoid paying them the balance of £9000 they want for my purchase into the scheme. I signed the forms saying that I would join. Is there a way out for me?

Added after 7 Hours 7 minutes:

Hi,
I've just joinrd EZE at the weekend. Want to cancel. can you please tell me how if you know the loophole

Added after 2 minutes:

Hi, In the same boat myself. I'm praying for a loophole from someone. I've been threatened by their legal department

ElaineTV
10-05-2012, 12:38
Go and see a solicitor, take your docs with you and tell them why you are concerned.

Their legal department is just like any other.. they have a debt management policy, so if you liaise with them after speaking to solicitor let them know your concerns.. but please get legal advice first as every case is different and you may be locked into your agreement. Good Luck!

p.s we managed to get out of the agreement due to a few issues and I must say we are more than happy with the way Eze Group dealt with our refund.. but to be fair they didn't have much choice!! :)

lapalma
10-05-2012, 23:37
comment removed

In ending this,if they paid with a credit card they may get some money back.

atlantico
10-05-2012, 23:54
loop hole = 6 hour meeting - signed under duress - falsified statements at their demands - felt intimidated - and so on

timmylish
11-05-2012, 00:34
You don,t need any loop-hole, in fact.
Under the current legislation applicable to all T/s/HolidayClubs/and or any variant of those the seller is legally required to give a period of cancellation (for any reason), normally 14 days but some try the 10 day rule. They must provide a suitable document of cancellation for the client to sign and return. Now that deals with the main body of any complaint, the actual Agreement and so long as the cancellation is delivered within the specified period of time cannot be ignored. Emailling/faxing is deemed sufficient but I always suggest Registered Post and its not the date of receipt of the Notice to Cancel its the date shown on the postage of the document (hence Registered/Recorded Post). Now, if the time has expired (and if it has why has it since there is enough info on here to advise people?)
Now the deposit. It is principal of the legislation that NO (NONE) be taken at the point of sale, without any consideration. Accordingly the Credit Card company are legally bound to refund any such deposit so immediately contact the c/c coy. and request such a refund.
Now. Is that clear enough and I ask this as is it may well be, due to certain circumstances, I may be unable to assist further on this Forum. So, is there anything that I have not made clear 'cause now is the time to say!!!!!!!!!!

Miss_Grady
29-05-2012, 05:49
I must say that the dealings we have had with Eze Group have been good. We had 2 weeks in the Hollywood Mirage, which quite frankly caused us no end of worry. Even my poor son was going to be lumbered with it (and the maintenance).
The Eze Group took it off our hands and we've had 3 holidays with them. All of which have lived up to the promise.

So for what it's worth we've got value for money from them.

Thanks,

Margaret

René
30-05-2012, 21:32
I like to thank Margaret from the Eze Group for her positive comment.

lapalma
30-05-2012, 21:46
I must say that the dealings we have had with Eze Group have been good. We had 2 weeks in the Hollywood Mirage, which quite frankly caused us no end of worry. Even my poor son was going to be lumbered with it (and the maintenance).
The Eze Group took it off our hands and we've had 3 holidays with them. All of which have lived up to the promise.

So for what it's worth we've got value for money from them.

Miss Grady,

Noticed that you are registered on this forum as a Newbie,having noted the time that you posted yesterday at 05.49 am in response to this thread,I find it quite strange and Iam not at all happy with your views regarding Eze Group.I would like
to know why you responded in a positive manner as said by the next post from Rene !

I have learned a lot from the members of this forum and would take their word as gospel.Enjoy your time with Eze............

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................

René
30-05-2012, 21:52
I would like
to know why you responded in a positive manner as said by the next post from Rene !

Read my post nº 19 an you know why.eek2:

lapalma
30-05-2012, 22:55
Read my post nº 19 an you know why.eek2:

Ok Rene,

I have read your post number 19 and I still dont know why,perhaps you could give me further details so that I could enjoy the Eze Experience on Tenerife without any problems or added costs.Your positive reply will enable me and others on the forum to go forward and have a good holiday.Best wishes...............................and kindest regards.

karinagal
30-05-2012, 23:10
I could be completely off the mark here, but I read Rene's comment as a sarcastic dig at Miss Grady. I thought it was meant to indicate that the only reason Miss Grady left a positive comment was that she worked for the company in question? As I said, I could be completely wrong..!

René
31-05-2012, 14:10
I could be completely off the mark here, but I read Rene's comment as a sarcastic dig at Miss Grady.

That was the idea.

Time Lawd
11-06-2012, 02:30
I am new to this Forum but like Timmylish have been involved in Timeshare for sometime. I have just been reading some of the 'advice' that is thrown around here.

There appears to be a presumption that because one person says something that another likes then it is gospel. Timmylish makes some good points about the workings of the EU Directive 2008/122/EC but Elaine TV makes the point that Eze Group's operation may fall outside of the Directive!

You carry on championing Timmylish but he/she hasn't made any useful contribution as to Elaine's comment about the circumventing of the Directive. Does anyone consider this point important? It may well be very important, if what she is saying is true. Timmylish also makes a comment that he/ she knows nothing about Eze Group but you all still hang on his or her comments. In a word 'dangerous'. Listening to the unlearned does nothing but create confusion and further doubt.

Forums are great but unless people are peddling with the tide and hearing what they want to hear then everyone is happy, whether what is being said is right or wrong. I am not for one minute suggesting what he or she is saying is right or wrong but everyone appears to hanging on his/her every word.

Let me put something into the mix here.....there are such things as 'immediate usage clauses' in contracts that make cooling off periods unworkable. In certain situations where benefits are received immediately then cooling off periods may not be required, contracts of insurance is a good example.

Don't know what the situation is in this instance but neither does Timmylish judging by the thread here. So the point i am making is, everyone is asking the question 'do i have a way out of my contract'? The truth of the matter is he/she doesn't know and giving general advice and peddling hearsay does not give any of you with a particular problem hope in resolving your difficulties.

Sorry if there are people who do not like this post but there are too many comments in ignorance that are made from personal opinion and absolutely no bearing upon the facts.

Some people have followers for the wrong reasons and others may find themselves in a sorry state following advice they feel comfortable without logic or reason.

The best advice is, do yourselves a favour and go and get proper advice specific to your problem. However much you all seem to love the great Timmylish and Elaine TV he/ she are not accountable for the advice they are giving you all. Like it or loath it, i am right.

TOTO 99
11-06-2012, 08:02
I am new to this Forum but like Timmylish have been involved in Timeshare for sometime. I have just been reading some of the 'advice' that is thrown around here.

There appears to be a presumption that because one person says something that another likes then it is gospel. Timmylish makes some good points about the workings of the EU Directive 2008/122/EC but Elaine TV makes the point that Eze Group's operation may fall outside of the Directive!

You carry on championing Timmylish but he/she hasn't made any useful contribution as to Elaine's comment about the circumventing of the Directive. Does anyone consider this point important? It may well be very important, if what she is saying is true. Timmylish also makes a comment that he/ she knows nothing about Eze Group but you all still hang on his or her comments. In a word 'dangerous'. Listening to the unlearned does nothing but create confusion and further doubt.

Forums are great but unless people are peddling with the tide and hearing what they want to hear then everyone is happy, whether what is being said is right or wrong. I am not for one minute suggesting what he or she is saying is right or wrong but everyone appears to hanging on his/her every word.

Let me put something into the mix here.....there are such things as 'immediate usage clauses' in contracts that make cooling off periods unworkable. In certain situations where benefits are received immediately then cooling off periods may not be required, contracts of insurance is a good example.

Don't know what the situation is in this instance but neither does Timmylish judging by the thread here. So the point i am making is, everyone is asking the question 'do i have a way out of my contract'? The truth of the matter is he/she doesn't know and giving general advice and peddling hearsay does not give any of you with a particular problem hope in resolving your difficulties.

Sorry if there are people who do not like this post but there are too many comments in ignorance that are made from personal opinion and absolutely no bearing upon the facts.

Some people have followers for the wrong reasons and others may find themselves in a sorry state following advice they feel comfortable without logic or reason.

The best advice is, do yourselves a favour and go and get proper advice specific to your problem. However much you all seem to love the great Timmylish and Elaine TV he/ she are not accountable for the advice they are giving you all. Like it or loath it, i am right.

Post #14 Elaine TV begins with the words "go and see a solicitor".....What more do you want?
Welcome to the forum. You've used your first post to berate members that you have absolutely no experience of. :c2:

Time Lawd
11-06-2012, 10:10
You see that is my point entirely. Forums are places for everyone to air their opinion but if someone peddles against the tide then they are going to get shot down in flames!!!!! and you haven't proven me wrong!!!! I am on the money, as they say.

My comments are constructive and you say i have berated people. There you go, opinion based not facts. If you cannot read between the lines here then i am clearly wasting my time.

I am not trying to take sides, that is the point. Elaine TV does indeed say go and see a solicitor but she also makes comment about her own circumstance and gives a certain amount of unqualified advice. Even more worrying people are asking her advice.

Let me put it another way, it is human nature to do something that is easy and hassle free. Therefore, it is easy to act upon someone’s comments and experiences, why? Quite simple, most people are lead like sheep, they peruse someone else's comments and experiences and if they like what is said or more to the point, 'think' the contributor is right they will make the advice fit all. It is a lot more hassle to alight from one's computer and pay a lawyer for the correct advice......so what do people do? They spend the next few weeks and months watching and listening to 'bar room' lawyers on an internet forum, as time ticks by........still don't like it? Maybe not because it is the reality of this forum.

You don't like my comments so you immediately go onto the attack and maybe enough of this forum may find easier to join in because what i am saying is probably wise and good advice but it is easier and more exciting to 'put the boot' into someone than to change their way of thinking.

I will give an example of great advice/ comment made on this very forum. 'i've been around timeshare for 20 years before i retired, i don't know anything about this company but i wouldn't sign a piece of toilet paper with their name on it'. I ask you, how does this help anyone? but guess what the comments and support for this person's opinion has been immense.

I rest my case........Keep on blogging because there is always some credulous sole/s on the forum to lap it up….jump on a bandwagon!!!!!

I was always taught that it was better people thought you were a fool that to open one's mouth and prove it!!!! That was good advice as well.

TOTO 99
11-06-2012, 11:30
Time Lawd, I have no idea why you are here but it obviously isn't to offer any help. You can "rest your case" as many times as you like but you will not get an argument from me.
Obviously you will be wanting the last word so feel free.....I'm out.

karinagal
11-06-2012, 11:48
I think the point being made Time Lawd, is that rather than introducing yourself and giving us the benefit of your experience, your first post seeks to - if not 'attack' then - discredit advice given by others?

It also then appears that you go on to describe a number of our members as sheep blindly following 'bad' or misguided advice.

If your purpose in posting was to be of help to others, then I apologise and look forward to seeing your advice or guidance relevant to this thread. If however, you seek only to provoke a reaction, I would expect that your time with us may be limited as trolling behaviour is not tolerated here.

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Time Lawd
11-06-2012, 12:32
My intentions are not to antagonise or upset anyone and though people might not see the points i make as valid, they are far more reasoned that anything i have seen on this forum......this is opinion based my opinion, you do not have to agree, of course.

I don't see any point in making comments that do help anyone and i have merely pointed out that there are comments from people who clearly have no knowledge or little knowledge about the subject they are commenting about. I am told that i am commenting on posts and people i have no knowledge. it doesn't take long to read a thread and make a judgement, i hardly need a Law degree to work out what is going on here.

i have explained in detail why i think this but others disagree. Trolling as you so blatantly put it is not accepted around here. Well with respect i hardly think voicing a reasoned opinion can be considered trolling!

The help i am giving people is helping them to question the comments of people who are misguiding them. Isn't that considered helping people? Like i said it seems that it is more about who is saying the right things than who is actually getting it right.

As i have said i each posting, there is a quorum of people who will not like someone making comments that go against the grain. I can give advice as i am qualified and professionally insured to do so but this is not the place to impart such advice as it would be general and unhelp to each individual's personal predicament.

My posts are appealing to the receivers of the advice and not the purveyors. It is the people who come to this forum seeking solace and get consoled by false hope who I urge to think very carefully about the inaccurate and misleading information being given on this forum.

karinagal
11-06-2012, 12:47
My intentions are not to antagonise or upset anyone and though people might not see the points i make as valid, they are far more reasoned that anything i have seen on this forum......this is opinion based my opinion, you do not have to agree, of course.

I don't see any point in making comments that do help anyone and i have merely pointed out that there are comments from people who clearly have no knowledge or little knowledge about the subject they are commenting about. I am told that i am commenting on posts and people i have no knowledge. it doesn't take long to read a thread and make a judgement, i hardly need a Law degree to work out what is going on here.

i have explained in detail why i think this but others disagree. Trolling as you so blatantly put it is not accepted around here. Well with respect i hardly think voicing a reasoned opinion can be considered trolling!

The help i am giving people is helping them to question the comments of people who are misguiding them. Isn't that considered helping people? Like i said it seems that it is more about who is saying the right things than who is actually getting it right.

As i have said i each posting, there is a quorum of people who will not like someone making comments that go against the grain. I can give advice as i am qualified and professionally insured to do so but this is not the place to impart such advice as it would be general and unhelp to each individual's personal predicament.

My posts are appealing to the receivers of the advice and not the purveyors. It is the people who come to this forum seeking solace and get consoled by false hope who I urge to think very carefully about the inaccurate and misleading information being given on this forum.

We'll see......! I think it might come down to what can be regarded as a 'reasoned opinion', I suspect we might differ in our interpretations..

The undisputed queen of de-nial

boyo
17-01-2013, 11:16
For me I had a sticky start , but I have to say that I'm glad I persisted with them as since the association with bcfc and the coop for travel it has been a complete turn around. They have added some fantastic new products check the website out www.ezegroup.com.

René
17-01-2013, 14:59
For me I had a sticky start , but I have to say that I'm glad I persisted with them as since the association with bcfc and the coop for travel it has been a complete turn around. They have added some fantastic new products check the website out www.ezegroup.com.

Thanks for your interesting first post Boyo. Say hi from mi to your colleagues "Margaret" and "Investigator".