PDA

View Full Version : Other Holiday promotion scratch card

mossy
13-01-2012, 13:51
Has anyone come across these cards given by respectable looking ladies in San Eugenio area?i picked one up and surprise surprise i won the star prize,for me to collect it i need to go to the "Resort immediately"??? which i have no intention of doing.What's the catch? :twak:

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2012, 14:08
Unless you have thousands to spare - everything !

AL JAY
13-01-2012, 14:09
Every scratchcard is a winner and everyone wins the star prize,Don't let your curiosity get the better of you!!! Remember the old adage "If it seems too good to be true it probably is" Throw it in the bin!!!

Medman
13-01-2012, 14:23
Every scratchcard is a winner and everyone wins the star prize,Don't let your curiosity get the better of you!!! Remember the old adage "If it seems too good to be true it probably is" Throw it in the bin!!!

That's what my wife thought about me and I've BIN married for 35 years ! :D

mossy
13-01-2012, 14:28
The card states only holiday makers can apply and "it's not a timeshare" but "this programme is designed to promote tourism in Spain at no cost or obligation" But my only interest is to know what type of "competition" it is (i didn't want to call it by any other name just in case i'm wrong) ;)

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2012, 14:34
The card states only holiday makers can apply and it's not a timeshare but "this programme is designed to promote tourism in Spain at no cost or obligation" But my only interest is to know what type of "competition" is it?(i didn't want to call it by any other name just in case i'm wrong) ;)

Timeshare !:eek:

Holiday Ownership;)

tonypub
13-01-2012, 14:58
The card states only holiday makers can apply and "it's not a timeshare" but "this programme is designed to promote tourism in Spain at no cost or obligation" But my only interest is to know what type of "competition" it is (i didn't want to call it by any other name just in case i'm wrong) ;)not a competition if everyone wins.forget about it,please:nono:

Vortex Wake
13-01-2012, 15:02
The card states only holiday makers can apply and "it's not a timeshare" but "this programme is designed to promote tourism in Spain at no cost or obligation" But my only interest is to know what type of "competition" it is (i didn't want to call it by any other name just in case i'm wrong) ;)

People make money out of telling lies and being deceitful.

golf birdie
13-01-2012, 15:11
People make money out of telling lies and being deceitful.

yes and its about time they banned goverments.

AL JAY
13-01-2012, 15:37

Its not a competition its a CON!

tonypub
13-01-2012, 15:40
Its not a competition its a CON!a CONpetition

mossy
13-01-2012, 16:05
Its not a competition its a CON!
It might well be but i'd love to know what they're selling if not just to satisfy my curiosity but others' as well if they come across it.

tonypub
13-01-2012, 16:11
It might well be but i'd love to know what they're selling if not just to satisfy my curiosity but others' as well if they come across it.timeshare..........ish

mossy
13-01-2012, 16:19
The card says it's not timeshare unless they've come up with a new scheme along those lines :spin:

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2012, 16:24
The card says it's not timeshare unless they've come up with a new scheme along those lines :spin:

I didn't think Timeshare existed anymore it was renamed Holiday Ownership !

TOTO 99
13-01-2012, 16:26
Mossy, it seems that you won't be happy until you've been!
Take your cheque book and let us all know how you get on ( and which weeks you end up with)..:)

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2012, 16:33
Mossy, it seems that you won't be happy until you've been!
Take your cheque book and let us all know how you get on ( and which weeks you end up with)..:)

or points:crazy:

mossy
13-01-2012, 16:43
It probably is, judging from the caliber of the reps,from a 2 day observation :) i gathered that one of the managers is an espresso drinking Dutch Woman and the rest are English (one of them is due to give birth in a couple of weeks) :)

blondie
13-01-2012, 19:36
OMG ,please dont tell me people are still getting taken in with these cards and the low life who give them out. With the publicity they have had over the years I cannot for the life of me believe anyone has not seen it

Sal
13-01-2012, 20:34
It's a scam mossy! Ditch it and forget it!

mossy
13-01-2012, 20:48
I won't be eligible because i'm resident here but like Blondie said it beggars belief that these schemes are marketed over and over again.:twak:

beerfan
13-01-2012, 21:07
I won't be eligible because i'm resident here but like Blondie said it beggars belief that these schemes are marketed over and over again.:twak:

In some ways you should be grateful. Why? They're easy to spot and are unimaginative.

warbey
13-01-2012, 22:07

This con is used all over Europe I know, and probably World Wide.

If You do go Mossy, may I suggest You keep scthum about where You Live
and leave any Credit Card or Cheque Book AT HOME.

Not too many Years ago there was similar around Cristianos.
I found that Each"Salesman" got a sum of Money for each Person Introduced.
I charged 30 Eoros to the Seller, and got a Cheap (yuk) bottle of Vodka.
Time 2 and a half Hours..
I think I won on points.!!!!

beerfan
14-01-2012, 04:39
If You do go Mossy, may I suggest You keep scthum about where You Live

Only problem is that if they do pick up on your reluctance to tell them personal details they may well turn quite nasty.

Personally I'd avoid the whole thing altogether.

marbro8
14-01-2012, 18:53
oh no!! please don't tell me they have returned:( we havn't seen any for 12 months now, someone told us they had all buggered off to thailand or cyprus?

warbey
14-01-2012, 19:26
Only problem is that if they do pick up on your reluctance to tell them personal details they may well turn quite nasty.

Personally I'd avoid the whole thing altogether.

I can do nasty too. No reluctance at all. Why should there be.?

irishmusico
14-01-2012, 19:33
Just out of curiosity.Which resort is it?

warbey
14-01-2012, 19:36
Post Number One

San Eugenio

marbro8
14-01-2012, 20:02
I can do nasty too. No reluctance at all. Why should there be.?tbh warbey once they know you have rumbled them you can have a good laugh and conversation with them, i have never known them to be aggressive