PDA

View Full Version : Health Where can I get a pregnancy massage in south Tenerife?

deano
14-01-2012, 15:27
In the South if possible! Not for me obviously, for my heavily pregnant fiancee.

Thankyou

Nic
15-01-2012, 10:30
You'd be better asking her midwife, they will be able to recommend someone and at least then you know that it would be someone suitably qualified in pregnancy massage. Good luck for when your new baby arrives :o)

Jackie
15-01-2012, 10:39
Try Jennie Eriksen on 626 446 658, she's brilliant.

Mods this is her work number not private

deano
15-01-2012, 11:38
You'd be better asking her midwife, they will be able to recommend someone and at least then you know that it would be someone suitably qualified in pregnancy massage. Good luck for when your new baby arrives :o)

Thanks Nic (this is Kim, Deano's fiancee) I had my last appointment with my midwife about a month ago and to be honest, she was never the most helpful of people, she dismissed any questions i had.
Thankyou anyway
xx

Try Jennie Eriksen on 626 446 658, she's brilliant.

Mods this is her work number not private
Hi Jackie (This is Kim, Deans fiancee) I actually tried her yesterday but her phone was always switched off, so i sent an email via her website and she hasnt got back to me! Do you know if she maybe doesnt work on a weekend?
xx

Jackie
15-01-2012, 12:14
Hi Kim, I've just tried contacting her via other means without success. I will keep trying for you and let you know as soon as I get in touch with her. Having said that try the castor oil trick, you may not even need the massage then lol ;)

deano
15-01-2012, 13:56
Hi Kim, I've just tried contacting her via other means without success. I will keep trying for you and let you know as soon as I get in touch with her. Having said that try the castor oil trick, you may not even need the massage then lol ;)

Hahaha, thanks Jackie! Been told to avoid castor oil as it can just cause diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pains and im uncomfortable enough as it is without adding to it!! :(
I just thought a nice massage might relax me a bit, help with my aches and just chill me out a bit as im getting mega stressed and impatient now!!
x

Jackie
15-01-2012, 14:17
Hahaha, thanks Jackie! Been told to avoid castor oil as it can just cause diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pains and im uncomfortable enough as it is without adding to it!! :(
I just thought a nice massage might relax me a bit, help with my aches and just chill me out a bit as im getting mega stressed and impatient now!!
x

Kim it's fine once your due date is here or if it's gone. I would imagine those side effects with a whole bottle but you only need a teaspoon lol . Still trying to get hold of Jennie but no luck so far :(

longtallalice
15-01-2012, 14:20
Hi just messaged my friend who is a masseuse will get her to contact you if she can help

tracey_in_tenerife
15-01-2012, 20:56
If you are that peed off ,a spoonful ain't going to work jackie
125mls castor oil in a pint glass topped up with orange juice, keep stirring it and down it in one!
Yes it does give u sloppy poo but not for long, it does give you stomach cramps because it irritates your bowel which sends you in to labour , it did work for me and no I didn't poop giving birth which is what we all fear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nic
15-01-2012, 21:15
I've got an 18 month old and a three year old and would have tried anything to get them out but I was told to avoid castor oil by my midwife here and by my friend back home who is also a midwife, it can cause serious dehydration and in turn cause problems during the birth! My fried back home suggested chewing the core of a pineapple, don't swallow it, just chew it, I did that and the next morning I went into labour and my littlest one was born 3 hours later (I know, lucky!) however the first one just wasn't going to shift and even ater being induced she still wouldn't move and I ended up with a cesarean! They come when they're ready but no harm trying the pineapple one, worked for me!

Jackie
15-01-2012, 22:22
maybe I was lucky Tracey 1 spoon worked for me lol...Nic no midwife is going to tell you that it's ok to take it but at the end of the day it works, and it works quick ;)

louisecox
16-01-2012, 17:40
Yep heard the castor oil one before, but also a curry is supposed to work.