PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a bank account with Lloyds in Tenerife?

slodgedad
14-01-2012, 23:27
The reason I ask this is that I have had an account with Lloyds in the UK for over 30 years and would like to know the pros and cons as regards linking. I have a Spanish account, that I'm having trouble with, so I need an alternative.

I know it sounds like a simple question but I would like to hear members' experiences

timmylish
15-01-2012, 01:54
We ried them years ago and left. Just found them useless tbh. At the time no cash machine etc but that would have made no difference. Personal really!

Jackie
15-01-2012, 10:31
PM forum member Longtallalice, I'm sure she banks with Lloyds

Zara
15-01-2012, 10:53
I have a Lloyds Bank account both here and in the UK. They are not connected apart from doing free money transfers for which you are given a special number to contact. They have online banking in English but you canīt see your UK accounts (to all intents and purposes they are a totally different bank). The staff are excellent and providing you keep a balance in your current account (throughout the year - so it can fluctuate a little but they know it is generally around the balance mark) there are no charges.

If you have savings they will contact you about special offers or when your account is due to end they will phone to tell you that it should be renewed, moved or whatever.

I have been with them now for about 4 or 5 years and very pleased - far better than Banesto who I was with.

PM forum member Longtallalice, I'm sure she banks with Lloyds

I did recommend them to Alice (mainly because both Mark and Jamie are drop dead gorgeous - you are probably not interested in that Slodge) but she will give you a second opinion.

katja
16-01-2012, 16:30
We've also got a bank account as well as mortgage with Lloyds. They don't really offer much and the only reason why we're still with them is the mortgage. Also we were involved in a card scam in the end of last year and our bank account was emptied in 20 days and never got a phone call or anything from them asking if all these domino's pizza's 300€/day, 600€ Tassimo coffee machine etc UK transactions were ours eventhough we were using the card in Tenerife at the same time. But the staff is nice and helpful and speak English.