PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat I need recommendations for someone who can look after my dog in Tenerife.

Tinkabel
15-01-2012, 14:26
We're looking to go back to the UK for 10 days in March, Before we book anything we're looking for recomendations of someone to look after our beloved dog. She's approx 6 year old and loves people and kids. She's quite nervous around other dogs and we don't feel she'd do well in Kennels as she needs human contact and lots of cudddles. Does anyone know someone who provides a service like this?2170

caroletenerife
15-01-2012, 15:48
Hi member Pets@home are a kennels, and I know you said your dog wouldnt like that. But im sure they would have details of any individuals who do dog sitting, good luck

tracy hampshire
15-01-2012, 17:40
how big is your dog, i have a little dog, poodle cross yorkshire, she is just the same, & if they got on she could stay with us, there is someone at home all day, but i am in the puerto de la cruz, if you are interested pm me,

Added after 9 minutes:

ps, when lily meets another dog she usually makes friends with them.

Tinkabel
15-01-2012, 19:21
Hi member Pets@home are a kennels, and I know you said your dog wouldnt like that. But im sure they would have details of any individuals who do dog sitting, good luck

Hi Carol, Thanks for that, may ask if they can give us some advice.

how big is your dog, i have a little dog, poodle cross yorkshire, she is just the same, & if they got on she could stay with us, there is someone at home all day, but i am in the puerto de la cruz, if you are interested pm me,

Added after 9 minutes:

ps, when lily meets another dog she usually makes friends with them.

Thanks Tracy, will bear you in mind but she gets really nervous around other dogs, especially when out of her own surroundings and would hate for her to cause any problems whilst we were away. It's strange because she'll happily play all day in the garden with the rabbit.

tracy hampshire
15-01-2012, 21:00
just thought if they met, might get on, certainly would want lily to go somewhere she would live as a family , shes snoreing her head off the bed right now xxxxx

emmalu
16-01-2012, 15:18
Hi there, i live en el medano, i have experience with dogs, I use to have a poodle, boxer and setter. I now have a siamese cat, she is really nice and quiet, she is very chilled, so donīt think she would have a problem with a dog.
I also have a 2 year old little girl, she is nice with animals, doesn't really bother.. I live 2 min away from the beach, so could take her out every day for walks.
She wouldn't be alone, as right now I am a stay at home mum. And don't worry she would get plenty of love.
My name is Emma

Tinkabel
17-03-2012, 12:35
Just a quick update for forum members who find themselves in a similar situation to us with their furry friends. After much discussion we decided to use forum member Pets@home and have to say how delighted we were. Treacle immeadiately took to them and we felt comfortable with their experience that she would be well looked after and contented. She's just returned home and looks fabulous, she's obviously enjoyed all the home comforts and kisses and cuddles she requires, their rates were good and we will definately be using their services again whenever we go away. Thank you Shirley and Graham.

Pets@Home
17-03-2012, 16:53
Thanks Rachel she was adorable, and very very good ....... pics on their way soon ..........

Pets@Home
05-04-2012, 10:53
Thanks Rachel she was adorable, and very very good ....... pics on their way soon ..........

Some lovely photos of Treacle with her Aunty Shirley Ann and her Uncle Graham, with our Cocker Spaniel puppy Patch, all playing nicely on our terrace .........