PDA

View Full Version : UK Broadband, competition is brilliant

delderek
09-06-2011, 18:50
Can you believe, BT offered me today 20meg broadband, free anytime calls inc non geographic, caller display, call barring, free access to BT/Fon wifi hotspots in the UK and overseas (3 in Los Cris) all for pds 9.70 per month, plus standard line rental pds 12.50 per month. I wonder how long it will take in Tenerife to get a really competitive market?

garlicbread
09-06-2011, 18:53
Can you believe, BT offered me today 20meg broadband, free anytime calls inc non geographic, caller display, call barring, free access to BT/Fon wifi hotspots in the UK and overseas (3 in Los Cris) all for pds 9.70 per month, plus standard line rental pds 12.50 per month. I wonder how long it will take in Tenerife to get a really competitive market?

I'll not be holding my breath

Harmonicaman
09-06-2011, 18:57

Thanks Del, everyone always seems to slag off BT.:)

Jimandsi
09-06-2011, 19:04

I'll bet they also offered you their free 24/7 support service as well.

The catch is, you'll need to learn Hindi or Urdu to be able to use it.

AlanInYorkshire
09-06-2011, 19:12
Was that by any chance for six months then Somehow going up to £30?

chris
09-06-2011, 19:16
[QUOTE=AlanInYorkshire;11019]Was that by any chance for six months then Somehow going up to £30?[/QUOTE

Exactly what I was thinking Alan.

timmylish
09-06-2011, 19:43
Pessimistic lot you are!

delderek
09-06-2011, 19:50
Was that by any chance for six months then Somehow going up to £30?

No that was fixed for the contract length 18 months

No it was Swahili, but lived in Tottenham for many years, so no problem!!!

AlanInYorkshire
09-06-2011, 20:04
Jambo. leta Simba mbili!

CIM
09-06-2011, 20:47
Telefonica will go the same way as BT. Slowly lose market share as local exchanges are unbundled and then pay for years of mistreating their customers when lots of them leave for more competitive companies.

BobMac
10-06-2011, 09:03

20 Meg Broadband ???

The only way you'll get anywhere close to that speed is if you live in the telephone exchange - if you actually read the small print, it probably says up to 20 Meg somewhere

Angusjim
10-06-2011, 09:12

No its some tosser from Exeter that runs the call centre but no locals allowed as no one in the UK can understand their accent:crazy::eyebrows:

atlantico
10-06-2011, 09:52
20 Meg Broadband ???

The only way you'll get anywhere close to that speed is if you live in the telephone exchange - if you actually read the small print, it probably says up to 20 Meg somewhere

Nope, I get 24Mb, and another line, fibre-optic, gets me 34Mb, with BeThere and BT