PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Rock Coast Music Festival 2012

SeanC
18-01-2012, 10:13
Big plans for a three-day music festival in Santa Cruz! The promoter/authorities are hoping to attract 35,000 music-goers per day, in addition to generating €20m. TITSA have also been brought on board in order to provide a rollling shuttle service between the bus station & the venue.

Now all we need are some artists. Names are due to be announced over the coming days, in tandem with the tourism trade fair being held in Madrid this week.

So, who would we like/hope to see? Some names being bandied about are Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson(!), Red Hot Chilli Peppers & Foo Fighters.

More info here: http://www.rockcoastfestival.com/

chifleta
18-01-2012, 16:20
my son has been going on about this, but like he said, it's great advertising it etc etc, but until they know who really is going to be playing, no-one is going to buy tickets.... mind you, if Red Hot Chilli Peppers ARE going to be there, he's gonna be cleaning the apartment for his mummy for a LONG TIME if he wants one of those VIP tickets hehehehe :-D .... let's hope this is the start of some more modern groups coming to Tenerife for the youngsters..... Simply Red kept me happy, but i'm an 80's chick ... roll on some big names for todays generation :c2:

TOTO 99
18-01-2012, 16:59
That's a rather vague website Sean....

Anyway I'll be expecting you & Slodgie to team up and get on that bill. :D

SeanC
18-01-2012, 17:32
That's a rather vague website Sean....

Indeed. Some meat is needed on those bones, so to speak.

Anyway I'll be expecting you & Slodgie to team up and get on that bill. :D

:lol: If the gossip on the net is to be believed there might well be a slot for us!

And as if to heap pressure on the promoters, there's word of an initial "pre-agreement" (whatever that is) for Bruce Springsteen to perform in Gran Canaria on May 15th!

Could this be the start of the Canary Islands truly being put on the map when big names tour? Time will tell......

redarrow
18-01-2012, 18:13
Apart from the initial announcement, the website tells you nothing. They are leaving it very late for me to believe anything will happen at all. Bands for other festivals in June & July have been announced for quite a while now. They might be trying to coax some of the acts from Rock in Rio, Portugal, as it is happening around the same time.

Fred Perry
19-01-2012, 00:59
I have heard tonight that these groups have been confirmed. This well and truely puts Tenerife on the International Music Map! :c2::c2::c2:

EXCLUSIVE; These groups already confirmed for the big Tenerife Rock Festival in May; Fatboy Slim, Prodigy, Lenny Kravitz, The Offspring, Iggy Pop, Linkin Park & Marilyn Manson...more to come. Fantastic!!!!!

chifleta
19-01-2012, 13:09
They confirmed on the news this morning that "The Boss" will be doing Gran Canaria, another oldy, but at least the Islands are getting more publicity, which can only be good :)........

That's good news Fred, looks like i'm gonna be a total lady of leisure at this rate for the next 3 months, instead of housewifey, if my lad wants tickets he'll be doing ALL housework for the foreseeable future hehehehe :lol::c2::bowdown::raspberry2:

SeanC
22-01-2012, 01:37
At this moment in time, the organisers are refusing to name names (despite having initially planned to announce at least some acts at the FITUR tourism convention in Madrid).
People are getting jumpy & sceptical (which is understandable what with no acts having been made official yet) but the organisers seem to be making the right noises (indicating that acts have signed on the dotted line) & seem confident that they'll produce the goods. Let's hope so.

Abelardo
19-02-2012, 01:23
yeah iggy and the stooges are booked. unless they get anyone else worth watching it ll be as bland as the V festival!

chifleta
19-02-2012, 17:56
"organised chaos" comes to mind :dontknow:

mossy
19-02-2012, 20:58
Perhaps they should learn from Morocco how to attract big names for their festival (mawazine festival)every year in may, Lenny Kravitz is there this year,previous artists like Elton John ,Sting,witney houston RIP were there and guess what it's free to watch.

SeanC
23-02-2012, 00:56
Perhaps they should learn from Morocco how to attract big names for their festival (mawazine festival)every year in may, Lenny Kravitz is there this year,previous artists like Elton John ,Sting,witney houston RIP were there and guess what it's free to watch.

How does that work, mossy? I'm just curious as the organisers who are bringing Bruce Springsteen to Gran Canaria have thrown an estimated cost of €2.5m on the whole operation.

mossy
23-02-2012, 13:09
How does that work, mossy? I'm just curious as the organisers who are bringing Bruce Springsteen to Gran Canaria have thrown an estimated cost of €2.5m on the whole operation.
It's partly sponsorship and government funded,also there are at least 5 outdoor venues around the city of Rabat all hosting simultaneously top acts from around the world for a week.I must admit the money spent on it could solve a lot of the local problems.

Tailor
12-03-2012, 18:58
The Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, Iggy and The Stooges y Marea en el primer día de Rock Coast Festival http://www.rockcoastfestival.com/ed2012/?p=2015