PDA

View Full Version : Google earth - street view links for posts about places.

Tom
29-05-2011, 14:32
When people post reviews/comments on bars etc it would be nice for those of use that just visit to have some sort of link to google earth/maps so we could get some sense of bearing.I think it would help many people.

Suej
29-05-2011, 14:36
When people post reviews/comments on bars etc it would be nice for those of use that just visit to have some sort of link to google earth/maps so we could get some sense of bearing.I think it would help many people.

Good idea Tom! I often wonder why people ask about what certain areas are like that they donīt look on Google street maps?:typing:

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 14:36
Here is a link (http://*******/maps/4Mxw) to a map Kirsty made in November 2008 with places of interest.

Tom
29-05-2011, 14:38
I use the map to create a poi for tomtom users.
I think it would be just as easy to place a link in the first post.

TOTO 99
29-05-2011, 14:40
HM you worry me mate. You seem to have a link to everything everywhere....Lol..

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 14:43
Good idea Tom! I often wonder why people ask about what certain areas are like that they donīt look on Google street maps?:typing:
Sue, a lot of the areas with bars, restaurants etc are pedestrianised and the Google camera car would not be able to go in so there will be no "street view" of those bars.:)

Tom
29-05-2011, 14:48
No street view , but there would be a google maps/earth link for people to get their bearings from the birds eye view.

CIM
29-05-2011, 14:53
Google actually have some Street view bicycles which they are hoping use to cover such areas in the future - wonīt that be great?!

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 14:53
No street view , but there would be a google maps/earth link for people to get their bearings from the birds eye view.
See post#3...

garlicbread
29-05-2011, 16:26
Here is a link (http://*******/maps/4Mxw) to a map Kirsty made in November 2008 with places of interest.

and the link to this is in my signature

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 17:16
Thread moved and made sticky

Wile E Coyote
05-08-2011, 12:50
"Here is a link to a map Kirsty made in November 2008 with places of interest. "

Hmmm... don't think we'll be visiting Vai Moana Bar & Restaurant - Las Galletas. I can't swim and get sea-sick. ;)

Added after 30 minutes:

I too have a copy of the old Tenerife Forum database in .csv/.xls. This, in turn, can be used to produce a point of interest (POI) file for SatNavs (.asc for TomTom).

If anyone wants to add/correct anything to/from either the map or the POI file the easiest ways are to -

Visit Google Maps.
Right-click the exact position and then pick "Centre map here" from the list.
Click the "Link" button and use the Northings (28 something) and Eastings (-16 something) shown in the text.

Or.

Stand outside the venue (if safe to do so) and take a "GPS shot" with your SatNav.

Then you can post the information here for all to see and be overwhelmed by the thanks and gratitude of those who use it. :)

Valerij Kuncis
03-09-2011, 18:08
Hi everybody.
Who can me tell about Callao Salave beach, is it ready?

slodgedad
03-09-2011, 22:26
Hi everybody.
Who can me tell about Callao Salave beach, is it ready?

Take a look Here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?329-Latest-photos-of-Callao-Beach-improvements)