PDA

View Full Version : Education When does the School Term begin after summer in Tenerife?

ElaineTV
18-01-2012, 14:10
Hi!

Does anyone know when the new year starts for schools this Sept? Is it the first week or 2nd week? Thanks.

fesdie
18-01-2012, 14:19
Hi,

I know that Wingate School starts on the 6th September if any help.

sunshinezz
18-01-2012, 14:26
The spanish state schools start different times depending on which school and age but all the matriculations (paper work) is done either march or april. Hope this helps

ElaineTV
18-01-2012, 15:00
Hi, yes they will be going to Spanish state school.. glad you gave me the heads up on the matriculations being March/April, can this be done from the UK or does it have to be in person?

The children will be 3,6 & 9 come Sept... any ideas when the start dates are? We have no idea which school as yet as it depends on what accommodation we can find/afford, hoping for Adeje but we'll have to look into more schools/areas.. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bonitatime
18-01-2012, 15:07
Juniors start about the 6th/7th but the exact date will not be known until July August when the Canarian Gov. announces it. All junior schools start the same day. Those in ESO usually start a week later.
You need to apply in May but they have to find you places for your children. In the Adeje area I would try Adeje Casco but its smaller so more difficult. Ask young golfer on here as his little ones are in school in Adeje and I know he is very happy

MrsTT
19-01-2012, 09:14
This post http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?417-Information-on-getting-your-children-into-Spanish-state-schooling-in-Tenerife in the Living in tenerife sub forum contains much of the information you need for schooling on Tenerife.