PDA

View Full Version : Health Can I buy animal antibiotics over the counter in Tenerife?

finca18jrl
18-01-2012, 20:29
Does anyone know if you can buy antibiotics for pets in a chemist here? My dog has an infection in his paw and we think the vet would just give us antibiotic cream or tablets and charge a fortune.

julia44
19-01-2012, 06:15
I dont know where you live but I use the vet in Guia he very rarely gives pills normally a prescription for the chemist and does not charge a fortune

finca18jrl
19-01-2012, 17:57
Thanks Pepper. Off to the vets then!

Pets@Home
21-01-2012, 23:52
Does anyone know if you can buy antibiotics for pets in a chemist here? My dog has an infection in his paw and we think the vet would just give us antibiotic cream or tablets and charge a fortune.

Hi I find SYMULOC sorry thats not spelt right, but if u ask the pharmacy for it, for cats and dogs, its an antibiotic given
by syringe, crush the pink tabs and mix with a little water. I use it for any infections my dogs or cats may get and it always seems to work, and whenever I have gone to the vets, thats what they give me, on top u have to pay the consult fee, try it and see how his paw goes, if it does not go away, take him to the vet .......

finca18jrl
22-01-2012, 08:38
Thanks you Pets@home.. pm sent.