PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Spur Of The moment!

johnmcandrew
18-01-2012, 20:59
Hi All,

Well, i have had this thought for a while but actually going to carry it out in a month.

I work offshore and do a month on, month off, no ties, no complications.

My plan is to fly down to Tenerife, get a cheap studio, find a bigger place whilst living there and then move into there.

I know everyone on here says it can be difficult moving, can my idea really be that simple???

willowlily
18-01-2012, 21:11
[QUOTE=johnmcandrew;137549]Hi All,

Well, i have had this thought for a while but actually going to carry it out in a month.

I work offshore and do a month on, month off, no ties, no complications.

My plan is to fly down to Tenerife, get a cheap studio, find a bigger place whilst living there and then move into there.

john it is as simple or as hard as you want to make it.
you have no ties so you dont have to consider other peoples opinions.
i personally spend oct-april in tenerife and the summer in bournemouth and london
all you have to do is tailor your life in anyway shape or form, it is very easy to find a cheap studio but make sure its in the south if you want the winter sun

astara
18-01-2012, 21:13
Hi, I had a friend whose hubby did this, perfect idea, family live here whilst he goes off to the rig except when there are problems like mum getting ill, kids getting ill with no support network nearby. They only lasted 6 months....

However - if your single & fancy free makes no difference where you live on your month off does it, certainly cheaper in utility bills to be here.
Go for it.... & good luck

warbey
18-01-2012, 21:15
A few on Here can help with knowledge and some do have Links with Property matters.
It depends on Your circumstances and what You ideas are.
If You can accept a different Lifestyle/customs/Language, it will be worth it. but there are Plenty of Brits too,

Old saying though....Look before You leap

Welcome to the Forum...

johnmcandrew
18-01-2012, 21:21
Thank you for the prompt reply,

I will be looking for a place in the San Eugiene area near the beach :)

I am going to put a few posts up about accomodation on here before going through a letting agent, just thought i'd give myself a little re-assurance first by asking the question on my previous post.

bonitatime
18-01-2012, 21:32
I think as you already work away from home it will probably be easier for you.

timmylish
18-01-2012, 23:13
Why not ask on here for a spare apartment going in the area you desire remembering of course the cost will be substantially greater in touristic areas. Having said that, in your line of work and considering the cost of apts. in the UK you probably don,t care if its slightly dearer.
The very best of luck and any help you need you,ll get here!

atlantico
19-01-2012, 14:26
I have a friend that works all over the World and has properties all over too. He has a long-weekend or week off now and then, and has to phone his wife to see where they're living at present ! He once travelled to France only to find his wife was in Mallorja . He bought an apartment 3 years ago in Tenerife and hasn't had time to visit it more than once ! He has 300 properties and 9 holiday homes. Oh, there's money in importing/wholesaling Chinese stock !!

ElaineTV
22-01-2012, 19:40
Hi, I had a friend whose hubby did this, perfect idea, family live here whilst he goes off to the rig except when there are problems like mum getting ill, kids getting ill with no support network nearby. They only lasted 6 months....

However - if your single & fancy free makes no difference where you live on your month off does it, certainly cheaper in utility bills to be here.
Go for it.... & good luck

Hi astara, I was enquiring on another thread about the cost of living in Tenerife and the majority of replies claimed that Tenerife was so no cheaper than the UK regarding bills and cost of living, in fact they made it sound as if we would be worse off, mainly because we have 3 children... I am curious in your reply as you say that utility bills are cheaper... I am now confused.com?? :confused:

Andy0210
22-01-2012, 19:56
Oh, there's money in importing/wholesaling Chinese stock !!

That sounds like a hell of an idea, might start doing it myself, Tenerife is crying out for a Chinese Shop! ;)

atlantico
22-01-2012, 20:33
ah ! he don't import to Tenerife though . . . . the UK ! and it ain't pound stuff either !