PDA

View Full Version : Buying property in Playa San Juan. Reviews needed

polremy
20-01-2012, 13:01
We're considering purchasing a small apartment in Playa San Juan. (Been scouring estate agents' offerings and have made a shortlist to look at)
Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings or inside information or property to sell or advice generally?
Thanks.

AlBondigas
25-03-2012, 23:27
Maybe this is coming a bit late looking at the date on your post Polremy, but I saw Playa de San Juan and I thought I'd offer my two penneth.
I've been here two years and I live in the older part of the village. I find it a friendly place to live and it seems to have a relatively low crime rate.
The shops are adequate and prices are reasonable, the beaches are nice and presentable, they are attended each day. There are some nice walks along the coast and the cliff-tops. The only warning I would give you is that the value of property here has gone down considerably, but it's the same everywhere I suppose. So if you're buying (or by now you may have actually bought) just make sure you get it at *your* price and not the estate agent's - you can always move on to another!

garlicbread
26-03-2012, 11:29
We're considering purchasing a small apartment in Playa San Juan. (Been scouring estate agents' offerings and have made a shortlist to look at)
Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings or inside information or property to sell or advice generally?
Thanks.

I've lived there for almost 9 years.

What are you looking for , a holiday home, a buy to let or somewhere to live permanently?

Reply by PM if you prefer and I will do all I can to help.

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 13:02
Thanks.

Something you could do first is make an appt with a solicitor (Spanish) who speaks perfect English
and discuss the area in general. A 'Search' could cost between €100 and €200 good luck.

Hey Jude
26-03-2012, 19:02
If you want to look round the southwest coast, I have an appartment in Puerto Santiago for sale. Top floor in lovely complex with underground parking space, 1 bedroom, seaview, supermarket and low community fees. 120.000 € due to bad health ,having to part with it!!