PDA

View Full Version : Playa San Juan

polremy
20-01-2012, 13:52
We'd love to hear your thoughts or views on Playa de San Juan. We love it but have only visited a few times and never stayed there. We are (rashly) considering buying a tiny apartment there so that we can enjoy it more regularly. Is there a downside at all? Is there anything we should know? Thanks

Goforgold
20-01-2012, 19:07
We always visit PSJ Several times when we are over - I would seriously consider a long term let there if the opportunity arises in the future. Best to stay there and see what you think, at the end of the day it's your own personal preference and we're all so very different in what we like. I like!! :)

polremy
20-01-2012, 19:14
Thanks for that.
Yes, we like too - well, we like what we have seen so far.
We did investigate a short 2 or 3 night stay in an apartment.
Would have booked it too but two nights was priced at 2 x 60 euros - 120 euros. Fine for a seafront apartment.
But then there was a cleaning charge of 50 euros.
That just seemed too much to pay.
No way we could make that much mess in two days. We could even have taken our own bedding and towels. After all we would only be travelling from the Golf.

Goforgold
20-01-2012, 19:36
Well if you buy one Polremy, don't forget us for a long let !! ;)

Seriously though, hope you find something that suits. :)

Zara
20-01-2012, 20:15
We'd love to hear your thoughts or views on Playa de San Juan. We love it but have only visited a few times and never stayed there. We are (rashly) considering buying a tiny apartment there so that we can enjoy it more regularly. Is there a downside at all? Is there anything we should know? Thanks

Playa San Juan always used to have a nice mix of expats and Canarians but over the past couple of years it seems that ex-pats are on the increase and IMO some of the charm has been lost in favour of Anglicising the town. I visit a couple of times a month, one of my favourite bars has closed to be taken over as a trendy wine bar but still if you regularly visit restaurants and bars the locals soon get to know you and always chat so it is quite friendly.

polremy
20-01-2012, 20:15
Thanks, GforG.
Will keep you in mind!!

Thanks, Zara.
Interesting to read that.