PDA

View Full Version : Other Weather in May and a good lively central hotel in Playa las Americas

poppet69
20-01-2012, 21:00
Hi, travelled to Playa around 5 years ago with wife and kids in August and was wondering what sort of weather i could expect in the middle to end of May, Also looking for a lively Hotel ( All Inclusive) to stay at which is in a good location suitable for 3 nice men in their late 30's , Any help would be great

Poppet

Sal
20-01-2012, 21:03
Define "nice"! :whistle::wink2:

poppet69
20-01-2012, 21:22
good looking , charming ........enough about us what about the question lol

warbey
20-01-2012, 21:25
two H10 Hotels in the Middle

Las Palmeras
Conquistador.

Take Your pick.

h10

marbro8
20-01-2012, 21:33
princess daseil? los cris, and why in the hell would you want to go all inc in tenerife when there is so much choice at such good prices:dontknow::)

Added after 2 minutes:

princess daseil? los cris, and why in the hell would you want to go all inc in tenerife when there is so much choice at such good prices:dontknow::)and the weather is fantastic we allways go in may and october;)

poppet69
20-01-2012, 21:39
I wanted to go AI because the 2 mates Im going with drink loadssssss, but we would eat out in the evenings Tapinyaki mmmmmmmmm its only a extra £180 for 5 nights to go AI rather than BB , they could spend £60 in one 4 hour session so thought it was best.

Sal
20-01-2012, 21:48
You would still be better off not going AI. Drinks are cheap in bars and if you intend to eat out in the evening, why pay for hotel meals?

marbro8
20-01-2012, 21:49
I wanted to go AI because the 2 mates Im going with drink loadssssss, but we would eat out in the evenings Tapinyaki mmmmmmmmm its only a extra £180 for 5 nights to go AI rather than BB , they could spend £60 in one 4 hour session so thought it was best.you can still get a good pint for between 1 and 1.5 euros in most bars, and you could try self catering apartment that sleeps 4 for about £230?, there is loads of info and help on here, just have a trawl or ask;)

tracy hampshire
20-01-2012, 22:06
most people i have met that have stayed AI here said they would never do it again, drinks yes are free but not always good quality, and lets say you liked to drink john smiths, cider or smirnoff, usually a no no, only cheap beer and spirits, thats how they do it so cheap, also had complaints that when AI you are treated like second class citizens because they have already got your money, not done it myself but this was the impression i got for people who came to the bar i worked in every night for a decent drink .

poppet69
20-01-2012, 22:07
thanks for the info , jesus 1.5 euros.........................I pay £4 a pint in Brighton...............Any cool bars you can reccommend for 3 cool lads lol( not full of youngsters) ? Also do you know hom much a taxi would be for 3 from the airport ?

marbro8
20-01-2012, 22:34
thanks for the info , jesus 1.5 euros.........................I pay £4 a pint in Brighton...............Any cool bars you can reccommend for 3 cool lads lol( not full of youngsters) ? Also do you know hom much a taxi would be for 3 from the airport ?mate i am not jesting now but you will be so glad you asked this question:D, have a look on holliday lettings, owners direct, and have a look at the cristian sur,el mirador(where we stay)port royal dynastia and many more around los cris, there are about 15 bars and restaurants within about 10 mins walking distance all with great food and cheep beer, taylors o'jangles, shambles, harveys, manhattan, indians chinese, and the famouse mongolian with all you can eat buffet at 15 euros, and if you want to go into las americas it is about a 15 min walk from los cris along the sea front, and no larger louts in los cris either, just fams and blockes with their other halv's chillin out;)

Added after 2 minutes:

mate i am not jesting now but you will be so glad you asked this question:D, have a look on holliday lettings, owners direct, and have a look at the cristian sur,el mirador(where we stay)port royal dynastia and many more around los cris, there are about 15 bars and restaurants within about 10 mins walking distance all with great food and cheep beer, taylors o'jangles, shambles, harveys, manhattan, indians chinese, and the famouse mongolian with all you can eat buffet at 15 euros, and if you want to go into las americas it is about a 15 min walk from los cris along the sea front, and no larger louts in los cris either, just fams and blockes with their other halv's chillin out;)and taxi from airport is about 25 euros, sorry for the long post again but it would not let me eddit my post?

Sal
20-01-2012, 22:39
Try this one: http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canary-islands.htm

We have been holidaying in Tenerife for a few years now and this is definitely the best way to go (and cheapest!)

poppet69
21-01-2012, 20:34
We have decided to go B&B at either the H10's , Best tenerife, Bitacora.
Only a short walk from there to LC.
Only staying for 5 nights so will make the most of it , looking forward to a nice Mojito somewhere. roll on May, any ideas on average temp then ??

warbey
21-01-2012, 21:30
If looking at the Bitacora, there is a sister Hotel a few Yards further along that road called the Vulcano.
Worth looking at that one too..

marbro8
21-01-2012, 22:06
Only staying for 5 nights so will make the most of it , looking forward to a nice Mojito somewhere. roll on May, any ideas on average temp then ??about 24-25 on average but has gone up to 30:wow:

poppet69
21-01-2012, 22:35
That sounds great to me !!!! :thanx:

Sal
21-01-2012, 22:40
Only staying for 5 nights so will make the most of it , looking forward to a nice Mojito somewhere. roll on May, any ideas on average temp then ??

If you want a really decent Mojito (not the stuff from a machine) you need to go to Castañuelas in Los Cris. Right on the seafront and the best Mojitos on the island!

marbro8
21-01-2012, 22:41
That sounds great to me !!!! :thanx:if you want a good mojito go to harry's bar in the safari centre just overlooking the fountain, expensive but good:yum:

Added after 5 minutes:

If you want a really decent Mojito (not the stuff from a machine) you need to go to Castañuelas in Los Cris. Right on the seafront and the best Mojitos on the island!lol snap:raspberry2:

poppet69
21-01-2012, 23:12
Harry's Bar, memories, had pics took their few years ago, close to the chinese tapinyakies mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I like that area. Has Los cristianos still got the Burger king ( I think it was) and a ice cream shop i think also ( long time since their) mojito........could do with one now.......hope they have happy hour :yum:

Jackie
21-01-2012, 23:35
If looking at the Bitacora, there is a sister Hotel a few Yards further along that road called the Vulcano.
Worth looking at that one too..

Warbs these blokes are late 30's not 80. The clientelle at the Vulcano tends to be mostly oldies, great if they are looking for something that resembles a wake, definately not somewhere I'd choose to stay and I'm well out of my 30's ;)

marbro8
21-01-2012, 23:38
Warbs these blokes are late 30's not 80. The clientelle at the Vulcano tends to be mostly oldies, great if they are looking for something that resembles a wake, definately not somewhere I'd choose to stay and I'm well out of my 30's ;)thats why i thought self catering would be better?:co

poppet69
22-01-2012, 00:09
Yes Im not that old, mind you felt in my 80's this week.........so tired. need that Tenerife beach !!! is los cristianos the best beach still ??

marbro8
22-01-2012, 00:16
:)
Yes Im not that old, mind you felt in my 80's this week.........so tired. need that Tenerife beach !!! is los cristianos the best beach still ??no las vistas in las americas by far the best beach

poppet69
22-01-2012, 21:16
Is that the beach with the water thing( not sure if a big tap or fountain) on the beach

Sal
22-01-2012, 21:26
Yes, Las Vistas beach has the big fountain - but it is in Los Cristianos not LA.
I can definitely recommend this beach! :swimming: :sunburn:

marbro8
22-01-2012, 21:46
Yes, Las Vistas beach has the big fountain - but it is in Los Cristianos not LA.
I can definitely recommend this beach! :swimming: :sunburn:well ok it's on the border then;)