PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a good breakfast near Parque Santiago 4, Las Americas, Tenerife?

CreakyBones
21-01-2012, 00:35
Hi all, I'm new :hello:

We (husband and me) are flying to Tenerife on 31st January, staying for a week at Parque Santiago IV, PDLA, self-catering.

My husband's the kind of man who likes to be 'set up for the day' with a full English, but we don't particularly want to eat on the complex - we like to go walkabout and see what's what - and I don't cook on holiday, dear me no! :nono:

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice within a reasonable walking distance from PSIV which does a decent 'full works', please? Good quality and nice surroundings are more important than price.

Last time we stayed in PDLA we were half-board at the then Tenerife Princess, so cafes and restaurants weren't really on our radar.

Any suggestions gratefully received - thanks! :D

marbro8
21-01-2012, 00:45
Hi all, I'm new :hello:

We (husband and me) are flying to Tenerife on 31st January, staying for a week at Parque Santiago IV, PDLA, self-catering.

My husband's the kind of man who likes to be 'set up for the day' with a full English, but we don't particularly want to eat on the complex - we like to go walkabout and see what's what - and I don't cook on holiday, dear me no! :nono:

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice within a reasonable walking distance from PSIV which does a decent 'full works', please? Good quality and nice surroundings are more important than price.

Last time we stayed in PDLA we were half-board at the then Tenerife Princess, so cafes and restaurants weren't really on our radar.

Any suggestions gratefully received - thanks! :D10 mins walk down the road past the safari centre on the left and the cleopatra hotel with all the statues on the right get to the vista sur shopping complex turn right about 5-6 bars down the rovers return or surfers bar, great bars great food

AL JAY
21-01-2012, 02:50
A 5 minute stroll from PS 1V they do a fantastic full English at PS 1 pool bar, English bacon/sausage/egg/toms/beans, a basket of toast/jam tea or coffee for 3 euro, It is a nice area to have your brekkie and is immaculately clean, Sue (Geordie) and her husband Pepe have run it for years, You can eat inside or out surrounded by Palms and a pool!!! They also do a lovely coffee,thinks its Lavazza (Cafe con leche) tell them Al the Scouser from the forum sent you.

ps...its more or less opposite Hotel La Siesta and walk through the small gate!:)

cainaries
21-01-2012, 02:54
A 5 minute stroll from PS 1V they do a fantastic full English at PS 1 pool bar, English bacon/sausage/egg/toms/beans, a basket of toast/jam tea or coffee for 3 euro, It is a nice area to have your brekkie and is immaculately clean, Sue (Geordie) and her husband Pepe have run it for years, You can eat inside or out surrounded by Palms and a pool!!! They also do a lovely coffee,thinks its Lavazza (Cafe con leche) tell them Al the Scouser from the forum sent you.

ps...its more or less opposite Hotel La Siesta and walk through the small gate!:)

Is it open at 2 in the morning (sorry, only a joke, not relevant ...) thought beerfan and I were the only people up and then saw your post.

AL JAY
21-01-2012, 02:57
I could just eat one of them now and Beerfan can bring the Imperial Stout! :D

cainaries
21-01-2012, 03:06

My ESM (evil stepmother) used to drink Guinness with champagne (is it called black velvet) for breakfast. Definitely a YUK (where is that thread). I'll try this Imperial Stout though - sounds intriguing. Been out for a huge dinner tonight and OH has collapsed in a heap which is why I'm on here. But I could manage a breakfast - isn't that dreadful.

beerfan
21-01-2012, 03:26

When I was in Puerto de la Cruz I actually had an Imperial Stout (purchased from La Maison Belge) after breakfast one morning:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7002/6487267587_9d47fa2286_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lancashire/6487267587/)

I'd well recommend doing something like that (even if you hate stout, choose a good wine or champagne) when you fancy a treat.

Added after 2 minutes:

My ESM (evil stepmother) used to drink Guinness with champagne (is it called black velvet) for breakfast. Definitely a YUK (where is that thread).

Have you had a Poor Man's Black Velvet (Guinness and cider)? Unless you go in for near-Buckfast level sickly sweetness I'd rather advise against it. The sweetness of the cider permeates and remains along with the fizziness of it. It just feels wrong in the gob.

I'm not mad keen on regular Guinness, although I like the Irish and Nigerian versions of their Foreign Extra Stout, which are much more flavourful - and stronger! - than normal Guinness. I could kill for a Nigerian FES now (the Irish and Nigerian versions are so different from each other, it really is like drinking two different beers; the Irish FES is roasted and bitter, the Nigerian one is sweet and sorghum is used). So sweet and comforting. Mind you, at 7.5% I wouldn't be drinking too many pints of the stuff.

imablue
21-01-2012, 10:03

ps...its more or less opposite Hotel La Siesta and walk through the small gate!:) and i,ll second that.... no problem..

CreakyBones
21-01-2012, 17:15
Thanks very much for those suggestions, people, both sound great :yum:

I don't think I'll bother mentioning the stout though, knowing my OH he'd want to order that with his holiday fry-up as well ... bleeuuuurrrgh! :wow:

Sal
21-01-2012, 22:34
Depending on your "reasonable walking distance" take the coastal walk to Los Cristianos and up to El Mirador strip where either Springers or Harveys bars both serve excellent breakfasts and very reasonably priced too!

beerfan
22-01-2012, 00:52
I don't think I'll bother mentioning the stout though, knowing my OH he'd want to order that with his holiday fry-up as well

The Danish brewer Mikkeller makes a special beer called Beer Geek Breakfast (around 8% I think, haven't had it in years) which is spot on and there are breakfast stouts out there, though I'd leave that until after breakfast, not with. If he smokes cigars (not that I do), all the better!

Capn Pugwash
22-01-2012, 21:41
Restaurante Montanna, a few minutes walk from Parque Santiago IV.
Directly opposite La Siesta.
If you can get a better breakfast, at a more reasonable price, ... go get it!
Our personal favourite, excellent food, good value, pleasant and efficient staff.
A1.

Sharonk
22-01-2012, 22:13
I agree the breakfast in Parque Santiago 1 is spot on for 3 Euros, we have been eating there for a few years now and I know lots of people who stay in PDLA and go there for breakfast, it is tucked away and isnt visible from the street, but I can definitely recommend it.

beerfan
22-01-2012, 22:48
Would any of these places do Irish fried breakfasts in the south of Tenerife as opposed to English ones? If so, bit of a deal-breaker for me. I'm English born and bred but prefer an Irish fry (which is comprised of slightly different ingredients) to the Full English.

AL JAY
22-01-2012, 23:03
Would any of these places do Irish fried breakfasts in the south of Tenerife as opposed to English ones? If so, bit of a deal-breaker for me. I'm English born and bred but prefer an Irish fry (which is comprised of slightly different ingredients) to the Full English.

You can get Irish or Scottish breakfasts, in fact another Brekkie that is superb is at Scotch Corner in San Eugenio!

beerfan
22-01-2012, 23:34
We're bed and breakfast only next time but I may travel to the south of the island and have a pop at one of the breakfast places recommended here whilst I'm there.

blondie
04-02-2012, 15:42
lOVELY BREAKFAST IN BOTH LOS ANGELOS AND DANIELS BAR

charlatan
09-02-2012, 10:59
Can vouch for Scotch Corner's brekkie

d41pse
09-02-2012, 17:17
Shires Bar at Apolo Centre in Los Cristianos do an excellent brek.

CreakyBones
10-02-2012, 20:54
Hi Again :hello:

Just to say thanks again for all the suggestions. First day we went to the Cafe de Paris on the front, nice brekkie but a bit too far to walk everyday - my legs aren't what they used to be! :o

Next day we went and found one of your suggestions, the Montana which was only a five minute stroll away and that was us for the rest of the holiday! Lovely little place, full works including a hot drink for 2.95, spouse chuffed to bits - he loves cheap! :lol:

Nice holiday apart from having to bring home a permanent reminder in the form of three stitches in my head after slipping and falling backwards out of the shower on the first night and bashing my head on the marble bathroom floor! 90 euros for a doctor's visit and hospital referral letter, thought the OH was going to pass out when he got the bill, he looked worse than I did! :D

Favourite place for a drink was the Litoral Restaurant near the top of Las Vistas beach where I had the loveliest cocktail ever, called a Grouseppee, Baileys, Tia Maria, cream and fresh mint. Have recreated it since we got home, but it's not quite the same sipping it looking out at the snow! :cheers2::shiver

Anyway, thanks again, really appreciated all the replies :)

Capn Pugwash
28-02-2012, 20:25
Glad to see you found Montana good. It's the one place we go back to again and again.

bubbles84
14-05-2013, 12:10
Ooo just seen this, I am off to PS3 next week and was after a decent place for brekkie. So shall give the Montana a go :)

Capn Pugwash
14-05-2013, 12:35
You won't be sorry. A few minutes up the road from PS3.

We are back in Tenerife at PS3 soon and will be sure to go Montana again

Have a great time.

bubbles84
14-05-2013, 13:05
Brill, not far too which is a bonus so I can get back to doing nothing but lay by the pool lol

golazzo
11-06-2013, 21:07
Buzz Bar is a quality breakfast at the back of the compostela complex near scampis. And very reasonable