PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Recommendations for a hotel for children.

dede
21-01-2012, 23:20
While living in tenerife you would think i would know of a good hotel that is geared around children but i dont, so do any of you holidaymakers out there know of a good all inclusive hotel in the south of tenerife that you could recommend that solely caters for children to have fun?

Zara
21-01-2012, 23:44
The Bitacora always used to get good reviews but of late since going AI they seem to have slipped but they are good for children. Further afield the Luabay Costa Los Gigantes gets good reviews, but like you living here I can only go on what I read and hear as I have no need to stay in them.

louisecox
22-01-2012, 14:45
Tenerife Sol pretty good, the Dacil used to be kiddie orientated but I think in the winter it caters for the older generation. La Siesta aswell has a kiddies club.

fixer
22-01-2012, 16:41
When i stayed in the Dacil a few years ago they were very good with the children however the rest didnt impress me not enough staff clear the table yourself long wait for anything but may have changed and the now do allinclusive i think but i have spoken to a few poeple who have stayed recently they were just saying it was just ok opinions on hotels do vary vastly though. David

AL JAY
22-01-2012, 16:54
Have a look here dede, Hotel Rui Buena Vista, kids clubs are excellent

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/spain/tenerife_playa_paraiso/cheap_rates_paraiso_dunas_hotel_hotel.html?mkid=80 080800&aid=1&gclid=CK_r6rH-460CFQlpfAodl0sz9Q

tenerife-lover
22-01-2012, 20:23
While living in tenerife you would think i would know of a good hotel that is geared around children but i dont, so do any of you holidaymakers out there know of a good all inclusive hotel in the south of tenerife that you could recommend that solely caters for children to have fun?

Hotel jacaranda, or sentido jacaranda i believe its called now, in costa adeje area of las americas, it's a really big hotel too so loads of other kids for them to meet. Me and my gf went there last year and it is a lovely 4* hotel but more seemed more going on for kids than adults even, the kids looked like they were having a great time with the daytime entertainment and the kids club etc. Shop around for a good deal though cos hotel can be pretty expensive or very good value depending who you book with. I managed to get 14 nights all inc for £500pp inc flights and transfers but some agents were selling at over double this price. Teletext holidays (online) i found to be the cheapest by far. Hope this helps. Ps costa adeje area is perfect area for kids also, lots to do and near siam park water park too. :-)

marbro8
22-01-2012, 21:08
just been readind the reviews on tripadvisor for the compostella golf 2 and they seem to cater for kids, take a look?:)

Cookey
22-01-2012, 23:22
I have friends that stay at Isla Bonita (next to Jacaranda) about 3-4 times a year mainly as their son (think is aged 9) likes the entertainment team and they always seem to have something going on for kids....and I like to join them on an evening for a sneaky drink or two :wow:

Ian_N
24-01-2012, 00:14
We live in Tenerife me OH and son and sometimes take a cheap weekend all in. Stayed in Isla Bonita and was great for the kids and also Barcelo Margarita both great. Isla Bonita was great for kids but food a bit repetative, Barcelo Margarita looked good for kids but he was only three then so didnt really use it but the food was superior and the cascading pools were great. We have recently been to the Rui Waikiki which yes is in Gran Canaria but all animation through the group is supposedly the same. The animation i thought was by far the best some shows the animation crew done was at a better level than top acts in Tenerife. Only down side is these are hotel rooms not like the others so no privacy or a fridge just to have a drink in morning i.e a sip of water.