PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Hello- I need a job in Tenerife

Anny
09-06-2011, 22:00
hi, i need a job in Tenerife..i have experience like waiter, bartender, sales, i am a teacher and in present i work as an aupair. Please if you have something avalaible let me know

sunspot
09-06-2011, 22:02
Hi Anny, welcome to the forum, good luck with finding work

Anny
09-06-2011, 22:16
thank you :)

Marjan Howard
10-06-2011, 00:04
Anny, are you in Tenerife at the moment? If not, you will find it hard to find one as all people would like to see and talk to you in person as they have questions like what nationality you are, do you speak more languages, have you got an NIE number ( if not, sort that out first) etc. Sorry but at the moment you get an average of 4 people in a day for a job and you hire the one who present it selfs best and you can see if the person will fit in your team. If you are here, just past by every Bar/Restaurant with your CV and ask for the owner or manager and play it your best. We never advertise and take the ones who walk in and give us a good feeling. Good luck.

Anny
10-06-2011, 00:09
Ohh..i am not in Tenerife, i am in cold bloody England...and i want a job there..i never realize that will be so hard..I just thought you know..send the cv, have an interview..and settle..well, i think this is it...i can.t come in Tenerife...i have nobody there,..Anyway, thank you so much:)

footiefan
10-06-2011, 19:19
some people have been looking for work here for many years

Anny
10-06-2011, 20:20
ok..i understant..you don.t like outsideri..ok,,thank you anyway

marbro8
10-06-2011, 20:52
ok..i understant..you don.t like outsideri..ok,,thank you anyway i don't think footiefan meant it like that anny, he is right it is so hard to find work in tenerife because you are not unique there are hundreds of boys/girls wanting to live the life in the sun but unfortunately tenerife is experiencing a recession the same as the rest of the world, if you have nowhere to stay and do not know anyone then i do not think it would be a very good idea to go over untill you can get something sorted:lol:

Anny
10-06-2011, 20:58
thanks marbro..i know..but i can.t come there alone...i understant what you say :)

Lippy
11-06-2011, 16:19
Jobs are tough but due to a better than expected tourism increase it seems that hotels and restaurants will be looking for staff just for the summer. Hopefully the trend of increased tourist numbers increase and help the general economy get better

footiefan
11-06-2011, 19:10
i don't think footiefan meant it like that anny, he is right it is so hard to find work in tenerife because you are not unique there are hundreds of boys/girls wanting to live the life in the sun but unfortunately tenerife is experiencing a recession the same as the rest of the world, if you have nowhere to stay and do not know anyone then i do not think it would be a very good idea to go over untill you can get something sorted:lol: thanks marbro8, its not a case of not liking outsiders,in fact we welcome them,its very hard here to get a job, but if you want to come and have a look we have a spare room you could use, up the shots