PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Business or autonomo - which is better?

sunseeker
23-01-2012, 15:33
i want to start my own business. is it better to become self employed, or to set up a business? what are the costs involved in setting up a business?

CIM
23-01-2012, 16:48
Speak to a gestor about it. You can be autonomous which costs around 250€ a month or you can set up an SL. It is largely determined by the type of business, projected turnover and profit etc as an SL can be more tax efficient after you reach a certain level of earnings.

s1monsg
23-01-2012, 17:12
Have a look for GoldenManiac on the forum. She's very knowledgable and reasonably priced. She speaks English (which is a good job, as she is English) and Spanish which helps with the paperwork.

sunseeker
23-01-2012, 18:22
i speak english and spanish fluently. ive lived here since i was 12. cim, what level would you say its cost efficient to register as a business?

doreen
23-01-2012, 18:36
Speak to a gestor about it. You can be autonomous which costs around 250€ a month or you can set up an SL. It is largely determined by the type of business, projected turnover and profit etc as an SL can be more tax efficient after you reach a certain level of earnings.

And when you set up a company/SL, there has to be an Administrator, which will more than likely be yourself ... and to be an Administrator, you have to be registered as an Autonomo :)

bonitatime
23-01-2012, 19:46
My understanding from various courses I have taken is you have to expect to make more than 40,000 Euros profit for a Sl to pay off but there are other factors depending on which business it is. For example some shops and catering businesses can pay fixed taxes which is often a better deal.

sunseeker
23-01-2012, 20:04
And when you set up a company/SL, there has to be an Administrator, which will more than likely be yourself ... and to be an Administrator, you have to be registered as an Autonomo :)

well there u go then. thats the decision made :)

thanks all for the advice.

thomas
06-06-2012, 16:16
Hi Doreen,
Is it easy to be the administrator of your own SL company or is there lots of complicated paperwork? I have a very small SL company & i pay an accountant a monthly fee to take care of things, but not many things need to be done & i´m sure i´m paying too much!
Do you think it is better to find someone that can just help me when i need it & i can pay for each small job that needs to be done, could you recomend anyone?
Many thanks, Thomas

Tracey Jayne
10-08-2012, 14:00
Hi Doreen

How do you register as an autonomo? Do you have to have an SL company to be able to get a CIF number?

Regards
Tracey