PDA

View Full Version : Other Welsh artist wants to sell paintings on Tenerife

bardofely
23-01-2012, 17:30
I have a friend called Sean Donovan from Cardiff who is an artist who wants to come over here and see if he can sell his paintings. He just sent me this message: "I wanted to bring several small canvas's for a restaurant/cafe or hotel lobby to sell - leave with you and you can then earn a large commision as they sell - what do you think? can you locate a decent venue and act as my agent on the island...?"

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have no experience of selling paintings here and have told him that but said I would make enquiries.

Here is an interview I published with him so you can see some of his work: http://bardofely.hubpages.com/hub/Artist-and-singer-songwriter-Sean-Donovan-of-Koradji-interviewed

caroletenerife
23-01-2012, 18:13
I have no experience of this in Tenerife, but in Scotland we exhibited work of local artists in the restaurant where i worked, and sold it on behalf of the artist. The restaurant benefited by having interesting art on the walls so we didnt charge commission. You could try that approach x

bardofely
23-01-2012, 18:52
Thank you for the suggestion!

Zara
23-01-2012, 19:03
Steve, I've sent you a PM - we can discuss my commission later once it is all set up :laugh:

bardofely
23-01-2012, 19:43
Thank you, Zara! Much appreciated! :)