PDA

View Full Version : RIP Andy Glover from the Royal Oak 2.

KirstyJay
23-01-2012, 20:09
A great friend has passed away.

Andy was a great mate, a kindred spirit and will be greatly missed.

We still can't believe he's really gone.

RIP mate. From kirsty and gordon xxx

mrmista
23-01-2012, 20:36
Shocked and stunned by the sad sad news.... a unique person - gone but never to be forgotten.

A great loss to all who had the pleasure of his company.

bonitatime
23-01-2012, 20:39
A terrible loss, he was a once met never forgotten man.

RIP Andy

Davie Thistle
23-01-2012, 20:41
:(
Very sorry to hear it.
D.T.

CIM
23-01-2012, 21:02
Met him a few times not many....but noticed the guy always had a smile on his face.
A sad loss.

RIP Andy.

imablue
23-01-2012, 21:05
Sad news indeed...always happy to chat even though i didn,t frequent the bar very often... RIP Andy.

boredinscotland
23-01-2012, 21:13
R.I.P Andy,,,shocked by this news, he always had a smile and a conversation with you,never too much trouble,sad day......

YOUNG GOLFER
23-01-2012, 21:21
A nice man with a big smile always happy the few times i met him.

RIP mate.

mitsi
23-01-2012, 23:45
Andy was a very good friend and this has hit me hard. He was as genuine as they come. My heart goes out to Dee and John his parents.

Chayofa Tete
24-01-2012, 08:55
Andy always ready for a chat and a bit of a laugh,thats how I will remember him RIP Andy

freshstart4u
24-01-2012, 09:45
Andy the man, kind heart, laughter, always had time for everyone,unique man, the only man who could use the F word so often and get away with it, lol.
Met him first when he was working with his mum Dee behind the bar, 2 extraordanary people,that was over 8 years ago. will never forget.
My heart goes out to Dee, John, Ann, Martin, Christopher and Emilly. a lovely family, have known all for years.
RIP andy love fe and paul xx

gazza
24-01-2012, 11:52
To the tune , over the bridge river kwai

Andy Glover
Like no other
F,ing and Jeffing like no other

Andy Glover
Like a brother
We'll miss you you f,ing little bugger

Anne T
24-01-2012, 11:55
Very sad news

RIP

TimPUFC
24-01-2012, 13:17
Absolutely gutted, why oh why do all the nice people of the world go like this.
Andy, allways effing and blinding, and a heart of gold. The Oak was my little bolthole when i came to Tenerife, when I needed to get away from it all and chill. Had some tremendous good times with Andy, talking about each others troubles, taking the **** out of Peterborough and Brighton.
I am speechless, what I guy, will miss him terribly.
My heart goes out to Dee, John & all of his family. God bless you mate, you were a star it was an honour to have known you x

KirstyJay
24-01-2012, 21:27
I have just spoken to Dee, Andy's mother, and the funeral will be in Santa Cruz at 11am on Friday (27th January 2012).

Anyone that wants to attend must meet at the Repsol garage, the first garage on the right after the Airport turn off on the motorway, at 9am so that we can all travel up together. If you want to go up on your own, then we are all meeting at the Crematorium in Santa Cruz at 10:20am ready for the cremation. There will not be a service, and we have been asked to be quiet at this one, but people can get up and talk about him.

A service will be held at the little church near the Ibrox Bar in Salytien on Sunday afternoon (29th January 2012 - time to be confirmed) where people can sing footy songs etc, as would be suitable for Andy.

I will post the time of the service when I know.

nottingham scot
25-01-2012, 16:19
Totally shocked and saddened by this terrible news.cant believe it. He'll be missed,but will never be forgotten.My thoughts also go out to Dee and John and the rest of the family. RIP mate.

KirstyJay
26-01-2012, 10:53
Sunday service is at 1.30pm at the church in Pueblo Canario.

To download the programme, which has a map of the church's location, please click here : www.webmaniatenerife.com/proofs/andy-glover-funeral-programme.pdf

helhod
28-01-2012, 19:21
Terrible news Know Dee and John very well .My heart goes out to all the family xx Just phoned Dee and she has asked me to say a little prayer Sunday at 13 30 which i will do x

Basher
31-01-2012, 19:58
Andy was one of my closest friends as a kid in Burgess Hill. Lost touch when he left the UK. Always promised to get out to see him, can't believe it's too late now. I'll miss you "Blondie"

seamiedev
10-02-2012, 01:03
I was so shocked to get the news from Dee of what had happened. I had the absolute pleasure of working with Andrew Dee & John for over a year & the family's friendship is the most cherished thing i borught back to Ireland with me. Andy was a certainly one of a knd & the moud definatly broken after he was made. Very touching to read what happened at the CDT game, I went to a game with Andy once when I lived in Las Americas, and have the scars to prove it.

RIP a chairde ...........

Ali.xx
28-02-2012, 21:16
Andy always made me and my daughter very welcome and im sad to hear this news. He always made me smile and laugh with his humour and bad language. My visits to the island wont be the same now. RIP Andy.

Paulwaterson
02-04-2012, 22:50
Haven't been to Tenerife for a few years now due to starting a family but really saddened to hear the news about Andy. We used to always go into the oak and can't imagine the place without him
R.I.P Andy