PDA

View Full Version : Other Is this holiday offer a timeshare sales pitch or not?

Davie Thistle
23-01-2012, 21:36
.........awlritey peeps?

Now I'm not normally sceptical, as those of you that know me! - coff! :lol:

BUT,
when we were over on the Island in September there,
on the way home in the airyport I filled in a wee form,
it was for a company called Silverpoint?
now All I gave them was my name & fone no.
well,
I have just had a fonecall from them saying that I have been allocated a week in the 5*
Hollywood Mirage or the Beverly Hills Club or the Beverly hills Heights,

the deal is, I pay for one night and we get six nights free. for both of us
the week in these places is £786 - We get it for £129

Now I know all about timeshare selling, and as I thought
this is no different, and I told him that I'm not interested in timeshare.
BUT,
He said all the usual crap and then said that all I had to do was do the coupla hours
listening to thery'r garbage, dont take or buy anything, then take the week
and tell everybody I know all about Silverpoint and they'r services.

what I wanna know is,
do you think we should go for it or not!

as the saying goes, if it seems to good to be true
it probably is!

???

Thanx in advance Davie & Donna x

Peterrayner
23-01-2012, 22:04
Its timeshare. They are not allowed OPC`s anymore in Los Cris so they need to come up with new ways to hook you. :eek:

AL JAY
23-01-2012, 22:42
I would give it a miss if i were you Davie , Unless you are prepared to be hassled and listen to bulls**t all week, i just read a few reviews on the operation and i wasn't impressed at all, I would rather look for a week when there are loads of cheap flights and book a nice apartment elsewhere and have a nice relaxing holiday. I have stayed in the Mirage many years ago and it was ok nothing special, I wouldn't take too much notice of the £786 for a week nonsense either, It will be interesting to hear the views of other forum members! What do points make.....BULLS**T As you said yourself "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!!!

cressrt
23-01-2012, 23:11
Silverpoint bought out Resort Properties last year, the resorts are still "time-share", which are not necessarily a bad thing. We owned at Beverley Hills for many years before moving to live here, you do get a good quality of apartment for your money if you go into it with your eyes open. Nobody can force you to buy anything but obviously it's up to you. If you take up the offer they will subject you to high pressure sales but you know this already!!

CIM
23-01-2012, 23:43
The problem I hear is that you sit through a long winded presentation with one chap and then a couple of hours later the "real" presentation starts. It doesn't sound as straightforward as it seems and I heard of people being threatened with being kicked out of the accommodation after complaining they had been sat there 6 hours or more.... So once your already fed up with it and wanting to leave, they have another go at you. If you dont comply and sit still, then you may be booted out.

timmylish
24-01-2012, 02:03
pm sent, I hope!

Davie Thistle
24-01-2012, 11:28
Thanx peeps
we are over in March anyhoo
So a wee week in November for D,s 40th
Would have been nice!
Still you neva know!!

Ecky Thump
24-01-2012, 11:49
.........awlritey peeps?

BUT,
He said..... all I had to do was do the coupla hours

Well, he was honest with you!:D

Davie Thistle
24-01-2012, 12:21
Ha thems ma words Ekky!

tonypub
24-01-2012, 12:52
pm sent, I hope!thought youd retired mister:p

timmylish
24-01-2012, 12:58
thought youd retired mister:p

Only come out to help people.

Vortex Wake
24-01-2012, 13:05

Come out , or let out ?

Simon-M
24-01-2012, 13:14

Which side are you helping? The Force or the Darkside :)

golf birdie
24-01-2012, 16:22
take the week. I have known many who have done the same without any problems.

PS; I have nothing to do with timeshare or silverpoint.

timmylish
24-01-2012, 16:32
Which side are you helping? The Force or the Darkside :)

Neither! No help needed.

Jackie
24-01-2012, 17:27
No Timeshare presentation can last for longer than 90 minutes now due to new legislation......have a cheap holiday and after your 90 minutes... walk

doreen
24-01-2012, 17:46
No Timeshare presentation can last for longer than 90 minutes now due to new legislation......have a cheap holiday and after your 90 minutes... walk

Do you have any further info. on that, Jackie ... any links ... would be useful to be able to produce when the inevitable happens

mike in chayofa
24-01-2012, 17:59
The Silverpoint Customer Service Centre is at the Hollywood Mirage Club and the office is open Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm. 0800 949 6035.

It may be worth a phone call to find out what they are selling and how long the presentation will last - although you don't have to believe what they tell you!

They sell timeshare, holiday vacations and fractional ownership as far as I can tell. It would be interesting to know which activity they are involved with at Beverley Hills etc

IMO although you will be subject to high pressure sales activities, they are unlikely to become agressive if you say 'no'

Jackie
24-01-2012, 18:32
I don;t know what's going on but one of the posts has vanished.

I actually worded the other post incorrectly...The presentation CAN last longer than 90 minutes but that is the minimum amount of time that anyone has to stay..

chifleta
25-01-2012, 00:38
.........awlritey peeps?

BUT,
when we were over on the Island in September there,
on the way home in the airyport I filled in a wee form,
it was for a company called Silverpoint?
now All I gave them was my name & fone no.
well,
I have just had a fonecall from them saying that I have been allocated a week in the 5*
Hollywood Mirage or the Beverly Hills Club or the Beverly hills Heights,

the deal is, I pay for one night and we get six nights free. for both of us
the week in these places is £786 - We get it for £129

Now I know all about timeshare selling, and as I thought
this is no different, and I told him that I'm not interested in timeshare.
BUT,
He said all the usual crap and then said that all I had to do was do the coupla hours

what I wanna know is,
do you think we should go for it or not!

as the saying goes, if it seems to good to be true
it probably is!

???

Friends of mine, and their 3 kids, did two freebie weeks back to back that they "won". They did a week in Hollywood mirage, then a week in the Perla Gris (Callao Salvaje?) .... the Hollywood week they had to sit for about 3 hours, but the Perla Gris were easier on them.... not that they had any money for a timeshare place anyways ......... my friends normally can only afford a hol once every two years, so this was a bonus for them :) ... the apartment in Hollywood Mirage was nice inside, crapily situated and noisy neighbours upstairs, but what do you expect if it's free'ish ..... the Perla Gris apartment was great, fantastic sea views. They couldn't afford to buy that week either though :lol: