PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Is there a Bull dog breeder in Tenerife?

Pets@Home
23-01-2012, 23:31
Hi can anyone recommend a BULL DOG BREEDER on this island.

I have a situation and I need advice.

Thankyou in advance

caroletenerife
23-01-2012, 23:37
Hi can anyone recommend a BULL DOG BREEDER on this island.

I have a situation and I need advice.

Thankyou in advance

Im afraid i dont, message eugenio he might know somebody. There was a so called breeder, but he left the island and abandoned his dogs with us, so not the most responsible of types

Andy0210
23-01-2012, 23:49
I have a friend who used to breed them in the UK, what he doesnīt know about bull dogs isnīt worth knowing.

Doesnīt breed them anymore but still keeps them.

Message me your problem and i will speak with him tomorrow, also message me a contact number. :)

hankandsammie
28-01-2012, 22:24
I keep and breed bulldogs, what's your problem? Maybe I can help?

tracy hampshire
28-01-2012, 22:35
sorry but i have friends here that have bulldogs, and i really dont think this heat here suits them. they never seem to have a comfortable life, just my opinion, as a dog lover x

hankandsammie
28-01-2012, 22:57
Tracey in reply to that I ask you to come and meet mine!! They are extremely healthy and my male will give boxers a run for there money on fitness! If they are bred well by a responsible person there should never be a problem. I have four and they all love it out here and it has even improved their health.

Carol55
29-01-2012, 09:47
sorry but i have friends here that have bulldogs, and i really dont think this heat here suits them. they never seem to have a comfortable life, just my opinion, as a dog lover x

Tracey after reading your post, I went on the Internet and read about Bulldogs living in hot climates, they all appear to agree that Bulldogs should not be kept in hot/warm climates as it can cause health problems, a lot of this is associated with their breathing and most of the advice given says that if they do live in hot/warm climates then they should be kept in a air conditioned home and that outdoor living is not suitable for them as they are also susceptible to heat stroke. The information given relates to all breeds of Bulldogs and most flat-nosed breeds of dogs, including Pugs and Boxers.

Apollo
29-01-2012, 09:58
Not really relevent to the question though is it.

Carol55
29-01-2012, 10:09
Not really relevent to the question though is it.

No,I agree, but it is informative and maybe seen by someone who is thinking of buying a Bulldog and also brings the thread to the forefront.

Added after 18 minutes:

Although if you read the opening post again, they are looking for advice and maybe Bulldogs living in warm climates is the issue, who knows?:)

caroletenerife
29-01-2012, 11:59
Live Arico had 4 pedigree bulldogs abandoned last year, they were used to air conditioned kennels and we had to get them fostered into homes quickly because of the heat x

hankandsammie
29-01-2012, 12:41
In reply, all dogs if left outside in the sun can suffer with heat stroke. I'm sorry but with any pedigree breed your going to get issues and if your a responsible pet owner you should do your research, yes all flat face dogs have a tendency to have breathing problems but with bulldogs the regulations with the english kennel club have been massively improved to reduce this. Using common sense is the answer to all this, like I said earlier I have four bulldogs and I'm a big lover of the breed, it would be a shame if this would put people of having one because they are the most loving, loyal companions in the dog world ( in my opinion ) as long as someone is sensible there is no reason they can't have a long and happy life out here. Also all the advice on the Internet and myself included says bulldogs are not a breed to keep kennelled up outside, they don't cope we'll with this regardless of weather conditions, they need to with you inside as much as possible. That's why they are what they are.

tracy hampshire
29-01-2012, 12:52
i do agree, they are fantastic dogs, & very intellegent, i have friends who have bulldogs both here & in the uk.

Pets@Home
31-01-2012, 19:40
In reply, all dogs if left outside in the sun can suffer with heat stroke. I'm sorry but with any pedigree breed your going to get issues and if your a responsible pet owner you should do your research, yes all flat face dogs have a tendency to have breathing problems but with bulldogs the regulations with the english kennel club have been massively improved to reduce this. Using common sense is the answer to all this, like I said earlier I have four bulldogs and I'm a big lover of the breed, it would be a shame if this would put people of having one because they are the most loving, loyal companions in the dog world ( in my opinion ) as long as someone is sensible there is no reason they can't have a long and happy life out here. Also all the advice on the Internet and myself included says bulldogs are not a breed to keep kennelled up outside, they don't cope we'll with this regardless of weather conditions, they need to with you inside as much as possible. That's why they are what they are.

Hi I am the one who started this thread. I am looking after 2 wonderful BULLDOGS at the moment, Mother and Daughter and I have to agree with HANKANDSAMMIE they are fine as long as u are sensible with this kind of breed. BULLDOGS, PUGS AND BOXERS are fine as long as the owner is sensible, they are fine over here, its not a problem. I needed advice, I think I have sorted it, its a very delicate situation, but if I need any more help I will get in touch with HANKANDSAMMIE .......
THANKS ...........

jonathan2340
01-02-2012, 12:46
I just find this information very interesting about animals.