PDA

View Full Version : Health public health service in the south

dcasvw
24-01-2012, 08:37
as a visitor how do you access a public health service doctor if you have ehic from uk....any contact /location info much appreciated.
nb already tried getting info from consul in malaga as told by nhs web site but only get recorded messages.

Skeggy
24-01-2012, 08:52
as a visitor how do you access a public health service doctor if you have ehic from uk....any contact /location info much appreciated.
nb already tried getting info from consul in malaga as told by nhs web site but only get recorded messages.

As a visitor who has taken advantage of the Public health service there is a Doctor in Los Cristianos opposite the bus station, also one in Las Galletas and although I am not sure a public facility in the partly built hospital at Chayofa, but I am sure a resident will put us right about that. When attending a public Doctor with your EHIC you will really need some knowledge of the Spanish language as you need to fill in copious forms and provide personal information they do not provide interpretors, my wife had a water infection which required anti-biotics and once through the formalities was dealt with very effiecently.

bonitatime
24-01-2012, 09:58
Where are you staying?
Almost every town has a Centro de Salud where you need to go as well as your EIHC card you will need your passport.

timmylish
24-01-2012, 16:36
No matter where you go a translator will be needed. If you,re on a package holiday this is something your rep should be able to help you with, surely!