PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair/Caxtonfx Global Traveller Card

barryk
24-01-2012, 20:54
Hi,

Does anyone know if I am able to use the above card to book a one way flight from Tfs to the UK using this card and save on the admin charge as RA do not appear to charge admin this way round with a pre pay mastercharge card

Regards,
Barryk

BobMac
24-01-2012, 22:12
Hi,

Does anyone know if I am able to use the above card to book a one way flight from Tfs to the UK using this card and save on the admin charge as RA do not appear to charge admin this way round with a pre pay mastercharge card

Regards,
Barryk

The only card which doesn't attract an Admin Charge is Ryanair's own prepaid card.

Ecky Thump
24-01-2012, 22:34
The only card which doesn't attract an Admin Charge is Ryanair's own prepaid card.

That's what I thought, but on a lot of websites it is stated that if you use a Caxtonfx debit card, then you don't pay Ryanair's booking charge.???

BobMac
24-01-2012, 22:59
That's what I thought, but on a lot of websites it is stated that if you use a Caxtonfx debit card, then you don't pay Ryanair's booking charge.???

It's confusing

I've copied the details from their website (Pasted Below)

Admin Fee - Per passenger/per new one way flight - relates to costs associated with Ryanair's booking system. No fee applies to payments by:
1. Ryanair Cash Passport holders
2. MasterCard Prepaid cardholdrs in all markets (except when booking flights originating from the UK and Italy)

They imply that there is no charge for prepaid Mastercards for flights booked anywhere but UK or Italy

karinagal
24-01-2012, 23:23
Hi,

Regards,
Barryk

If your flight originates in the UK, the only way that you can avoid the admin fee is to use Ryanair's own card. I've booked a flight from TFS to the UK in the last two months using a Caxton FX card and I was not charged the admin fee.

Karina

Ecky Thump
17-04-2014, 09:24
If your flight originates in the UK, the only way that you can avoid the admin fee is to use Ryanair's own card. I've booked a flight from TFS to the UK in the last two months using a Caxton FX card and I was not charged the admin fee.

Karina

As my return flight from Tfs to Prestwick has not yet been released by Ryanair, I shall pay using my Caxton Fx card while I'm in Tenerife.

Also Caxton have a useful app for a iphone which you can see your balance, top up your card or see today's exchange rates....not sure about other mobiles