PDA

View Full Version : UB Conquense v Tenerife - Sunday 29th @ 11

Fred Perry
25-01-2012, 10:54
Sunday 29th January
Kick Off 11am

UB Conquense vs CD Tenerife

Live on TV Canaria

New manager Andrés García Tébar takes charge of his first game with CD Tenerife.

bonitatime
25-01-2012, 12:44
My understanding is it will be televised. UD Chio and the Peña Barroso will be watching it in the mayato grounds in chio if anyone wants to join them. They then have a friendly game UD Chio against the friends of Chio at 1pm with food and dirnks and a bouncy castle after the game to complete the day.

FinnKris
29-01-2012, 12:48
0-1 at Half Time between UB Conquense & CDT.

Added after 3 minutes:

The pitch is absolutely dreadful, looks more like hard packed brown clay than grass… The stream I’m watching is a bit funky as well so hard to say exactly how bad the pitch is, but doesn’t look like grass to me.

Fairly uneventful first half, poor play allround (prob mostly due to the pitch) & scrappy in midfield. Striker Kiko Raton went off early (injured?) & his replacement Aridane scored just minutes later from a floating ball in by new boy Loro. Other than that not much action at either end. Home team threatened from a free kick which Sergio nicely steered over the bar. At the end of the first half CDT had a great/decent opportunity to double up but managed to make a mess of a promising looking counter.

New boy Loro (playing just behind the main striker in the middle) looks quite promising. Nice left foot & good trickery & not afraid to have a shot on goal. I’d rather see Victo Bravo on the left instead of Ferran Tacon myself, Chechu on the right mostly invisible bar a nice cross in for Kiko Raton early on.

Added after 29 minutes:

Dramatic start to the second half, CDT scoring early to go 2 up, goal scored by Chechu. At this stage it looked like plain sailing. But around the 60 min mark Loro should have had a penalty, looked clear cut. But not given, and from the very next attack Tarantino got his second yellow after a foul in midfield & CDT down to 10 men. Hopefully we can (for once) hold on to the lead.

Slim Angel
29-01-2012, 13:25
Second goal has just gone in.

FinnKris
29-01-2012, 13:54
Huh, 1-2 to CDT the Full Time Score, we barely hang on there, home team could/should have score at the death but luckily didn't.

Added after 5 minutes:

Well, badly needed 3 points & a winning start for the new coach. Looked like a fairly routine win after we went 2-0 up, but poor refereeing allowed the home team back into the game & they scored quickly after CDT went down to 10 men. We somehow managed to hold on, but boy that was a nervy last 30 minutes of the game & we held on through luck more than skill.

But I'll take it, a lot of positives from the game for me. New boy Loro looks like a decent addition to the squad for sure, I think we will get a lot of joy out of him. The defense looks a lot more solid now with newbie Raul Llorente as left back & Pablo Sicilia back from injury. I'd be very interested in seeing a central defensive partnership of Sicilia & Ayoze (assuming he is still with us, think I saw something about him possibly moving on?). Tarantino was struggling all day, lacking a bit in pace I feel.

And our new striker Aridane sure knows how to find the back of the net, he might be a bit clumsy but great heading ability. I'd start him in front of Kiko Raton, who just doesn't seem to get it together. Tough call though as Kiko Raton is club captain.

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 12:35
Kiko was injured which is why he came off
For me the team seemed to have more enthusiasm, they fought every ball instead of moving further and further back (although) there was some of that towards the end.

Do you know what they are going do do for Andy as it would be good if the other stands joined in but almost impossible without prior warning. There was talk about 1 mins clapping on the ZonaBlanquiazul but not sure if that was what will happen or just an option.