PDA

View Full Version : Where are the markets in south Tenerife and on what days?

mini--c
10-06-2011, 00:13
Where is the market in tenerife and what time is it on? Also what will i find there and is it any good? also what do i need to look out for?

caroletenerife
10-06-2011, 00:58
look out for pickpockets!!!!!! only been twice, once to los cris, once to torviscos.....lot of tat and not much else, good for a browse i suppose x Los cris is on Sunday, im not sure what time, I think torviscos is a thursday and saturday

slodgedad
10-06-2011, 01:11
Torviscas (Las Americas) Market is on Thursdays and Saturdays and Los Cristianos Market is on Sundays

taffy
10-06-2011, 10:08
People start to come around our stalls that sell (what was it called) TAT, I think it was !
From around 8.30 AM, some start to pack up from 1 PM
It is in front of C.C Del Duque (near Costa Adeje Gran Hotel) on Thursday's and Saturday's, some Buses will take you there.
Sunday's in Los Cristianos behind the Arona Gran Hotel
I hope this helps you.

Margaretta
10-06-2011, 11:04
My favourite is El Medano on Saturday morning. It is a cross between a general and a hippy market. The atmosphere is great, it's in the plaza by the sea with all the bars and cafes along the promenade. I was there with friends when the hippy drummers played marvellously and I'm sure we all danced in the sun! A nice dip and some sangria adds to the enjoyment of the day.

I know it's not strictly in the area you mean but it really is worth going to Santa Cruz on Sunday mornings. It's a huge market but the produce in the area under the African arch is wonderfully displayed and second to none.

rosemary
10-06-2011, 11:34
Anyone know when it is in Las Chafiras? And Los Abrigos?

Margaretta
10-06-2011, 11:47
Los Abrigos Tuesday evening but very small indeed.

onelegnofeet
10-06-2011, 16:37
Anyone know when it is in Las Chafiras? And Los Abrigos?

Los Abrigos Tuesday evening but very small indeed.

I was going to say that ,yes it is small ......................so your feet wont get tired;);):D

don1949
10-06-2011, 17:11
Small market at Gulf del sur on a Friday 7.30 to 2.00pm and big one in los Christianos on a Sunday - well worth a visit.

Zara
10-06-2011, 17:28
You will find them all here http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/things-to-do-in-tenerife-in-june/2/ except the one in Las Galletas which has recently been closed for not having a licence.