PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Restaurant Paraiso, Valle San Lorenzo

DeeD
27-01-2012, 17:33
Has anyone been to the above restaurant recently and if so, could they recommend it. We used to visit it in the past but haven't been for a long time. Thanks.

chifleta
27-01-2012, 22:54
Has anyone been to the above restaurant recently and if so, could they recommend it. We used to visit it in the past but haven't been for a long time. Thanks.

I went up to Valle San Lorenzo just over a week ago, the original (older) Paraiso restaurant which was one the left hand side (if you're coming from Arona direction, looked like it had closed, not even the sign outside, but just before on the right side of the road is the newer Paraiso (though it did also have another name....but can't remember what it is).... anyways, I prefer the older one as it seemed more cosey, but the food in this one was nice, and service was good .... they do lamb which my friend enjoyed (and had enough left over for a doggy bag) - don't know what day they are closed though.

DeeD
28-01-2012, 10:26
:yum::lol:Thanks for this information and good to know they are still doing the lamb! My husband and our friend loved that in the old restaurant!

Dodger
28-01-2012, 10:51
I went up to Valle San Lorenzo just over a week ago, the original (older) Paraiso restaurant which was one the left hand side (if you're coming from Arona direction, looked like it had closed, not even the sign outside, but just before on the right side of the road is the newer Paraiso (though it did also have another name....but can't remember what it is).... anyways, I prefer the older one as it seemed more cosey, but the food in this one was nice, and service was good .... they do lamb which my friend enjoyed (and had enough left over for a doggy bag) - don't know what day they are closed though.
It is the same restaurant they have moved lock stock and barrel to the other side of the road
Same staff and same menu

Suej
28-01-2012, 11:52
The owner of this restaurant got quite angry about a damning report that a member wrote elsewhere! (I didnīt see it so canīt comment) I think you need to try it again and decide for yourself. The last time I went there I had the Lamb chops which were absolutely lovely, OH had fish which he wasnīt too keen on but nothing to do with the way it was cooked or the quality of the meal.;)

macdonald5
17-01-2013, 20:17
We went to Paraiso (old) many times and loved the atmosphere then went back October 2011 to the one across road . Same menu and excellent food though we thought it did not have the atmosphere of original - many less locals in ,could be the economic downturn
Went back again twice during December / January and food was still very good
Two starters (courgette in mushroom sauce & garlic bread ) was ample for four
Chicken and fillet steak in garlic was a great tasty main and baracitos completed a good meal plus wine of course Reasonable prices too. Older waiter (owner perhaps) was not over talkative but younger male was most pleasant
We thanked the cooks on our way out and they seemed very pleased to be thanked

Loaded
17-01-2013, 20:27
One in the right was crap when I went many years ago (long long wait and cold chips) so I never went back .

One on the right has always been ok but really just that. Nothing amazing but always ok.

macdonald5
03-10-2013, 13:53
Is Paraiso Valle San Lorenzo totally closed now ?
Have tried ringing but getting message ' number not assigned '

9PLUS
03-10-2013, 13:59
The original one has been shut for some time

macdonald5
03-10-2013, 14:09
The original one has been shut for some time

Yes did know that thanks, but not getting reply to other one either

9PLUS
03-10-2013, 15:01
Not too sure why that is, I was working in Valle San 2 weeks ago and it was open.

macdonald5
03-10-2013, 15:35
Will do plan B. - Meson las mozas Might have number change or something

bulldog
03-10-2013, 16:24
Will do plan B. - Meson las mozas Might have number change or something

if your looking for a nice restaurant in El Valle try the Asado central real Canarian
go past the old Paraiso turn left up the road just before the petrol station go right up the
little narrow road you will see a little wooden boat on the right turn in there its a few
hundred meters down the road its a bit hard to find but well worth a visit.good food & wine
very fair prices.

mike in chayofa
03-10-2013, 16:45
if your looking for a nice restaurant in El Valle try the Asado central real Canarian
go past the old Paraiso turn left up the road just before the petrol station go right up the
little narrow road you will see a little wooden boat on the right turn in there its a few
hundred meters down the road its a bit hard to find but well worth a visit.good food & wine
very fair prices.

I second that. Well worth a visit.

I used to like the 'old' Paraiso but never felt that the second one was quite the same - well, it wasn't and the prices were higher. it was open the other day.

I used to like Era las mosas, but haven't been for a while. I have struck unlucky. I went one day with some friends only to find it was their day off. The next time that I went there was a sign on the gate saying 'closed for staff training'

johnr
03-10-2013, 17:14
I have visited the old restaurant many times and the lamb chops were outstanding. I always enjoyed my visits to Paraiso, but of late because I don't drive haven't been. The owner is better for knowing.

The owner of this restaurant got quite angry about a damning report that a member wrote elsewhere! (I didnīt see it so canīt comment) I think you need to try it again and decide for yourself. The last time I went there I had the Lamb chops which were absolutely lovely, OH had fish which he wasnīt too keen on but nothing to do with the way it was cooked or the quality of the meal.;)

macdonald5
04-10-2013, 11:04
Eventually got telephone to connect to Paraiso so went for meal last evening
Very good appetiser of chicken in sauce with small pieces of potato,we asked if the small steak medallions on small toasties still available ( not on current menu) After a short time the very friendly waitress brought a plateful to table !!
We also ordered the courgettes in mushroom sauce starter to share ,very tasty
My friend and I had fillet steak and chicken in garlic served with lovely French fries and mix fresh veg,the two men had veal corden blue All very hot and tasty as were the red and white wines
Baraquitos to finish a good meal €69 for 4 very acceptable
We will definitely will return

9PLUS
04-10-2013, 11:27
Without a doubt the new restaurant got better when the old one shut down.

obs
04-10-2013, 11:46
Without a doubt the new restaurant got better when the old one shut down.

Hi Mark,
It was the new one that shut down, and the old one took over the new one (if you can understand that!), moved all their stuff across the street, and carried on as though nothing has changed. :tiphat:

chris
04-10-2013, 17:31
Can someone show on a map where this place is please?

marbro8
04-10-2013, 18:05
Can someone show on a map where this place is please?it is on my list of restaurants to do outside of the tourist areas and i know you have to catch the number 416 bus out of los cris if that helps:) if not then take a look at the thread on the best eateries outside of the south:wink2:

macdonald5
04-10-2013, 18:41
it is on my list of restaurants to do outside of the tourist areas and i know you have to catch the number 416 bus out of los cris if that helps:) if not then take a look at the thread on the best eateries outside of the south:wink2:

A 418 bus also passes restaurant door M8 ,we used 418 last evening and taxi back ( 16 euros to Puerto Colon )

marbro8
04-10-2013, 19:06
A 418 bus also passes restaurant door M8 ,we used 418 last evening and taxi back ( 16 euros to Puerto Colon )great thanks, i think that is what we will do, bus there taxi back, i presume there is a taxi rank nearby? what sort of food do they do? because i will eat anything but my wife is a bit more conservative, it took me 20 years to get her to eat a chicken korma :laugh:, she doesn't do many veg only peas and green beans, and doesn't do sauces rolleyes2:

macdonald5
04-10-2013, 19:21
Well marbro8 there is no one more fussy than my old man ! He still not tried most curries
Menu is pretty extensive ,steaks, lamb,chicken,pizzas and pastas Menu in English so no problem
The owners son ( or grandson) served us part of meal and was lovely,chatty and let our ( fussy) friends taste the wines ,we drink most decent reds !!
I had tried the chicken and fillet steak pieces in garlic (not a heavy sauce consistency) before and really enjoyed
Not a mountain of veg ( small bits cabbage,cauliflower,green beans etc) possibly changes nightly
The mushroom sauce on the courgette starter and the men also ordered as side dish with mains was very lush
Atmosphere still not as 'local ' as original Paraiso but everything changes economy has certainly hit villages out of town
Enjoy !

marbro8
04-10-2013, 19:57
Well marbro8 there is no one more fussy than my old man ! He still not tried most curries
Menu is pretty extensive ,steaks, lamb,chicken,pizzas and pastas Menu in English so no problem
The owners son ( or grandson) served us part of meal and was lovely,chatty and let our ( fussy) friends taste the wines ,we drink most decent reds !!
I had tried the chicken and fillet steak pieces in garlic (not a heavy sauce consistency) before and really enjoyed
Not a mountain of veg ( small bits cabbage,cauliflower,green beans etc) possibly changes nightly
The mushroom sauce on the courgette starter and the men also ordered as side dish with mains was very lush
Atmosphere still not as 'local ' as original Paraiso but everything changes economy has certainly hit villages out of town
Enjoy !sounds great than you for that your a star:wink2:

macdonald5
04-01-2014, 14:23
Been back here again last week
4 of us got 416 bus up and lad ordered a taxi for us at end of evening
Food still very good and very generous portions , 2 starters among 4 easily enough and main courses well ample
Baraquittos lush at bargain €1 We will be back !!

Malteser Monkey
04-01-2014, 14:32
Been back here again last week
4 of us got 416 bus up and lad ordered a taxi for us at end of evening
Food still very good and very generous portions , 2 starters among 4 easily enough and main courses well ample
Baraquittos lush at bargain €1 We will be back !!

All right Arnie:lol:

Nice to hear - used to go frequently - do they still do the dips and the bread to start with ?

macdonald5
04-01-2014, 14:47
All right Arnie:lol:

Nice to hear - used to go frequently - do they still do the dips and the bread to start with ?

Ok MaltyM !!
Yes bread and dips to start ,aioli luvly !
Not quite the biz atmosphere of the one across road but 'the son' is doing good and his English coming along ,makes up for my Poor Spanish

Malteser Monkey
04-01-2014, 15:01
Ok MaltyM !!
Yes bread and dips to start ,aioli luvly !
Not quite the biz atmosphere of the one across road but 'the son' is doing good and his English coming along ,makes up for my Poor Spanish

Ahh lovely thanks for that MaccieD Enjoy your jollies

macdonald5
11-01-2015, 16:01
Anyone know if this is closed Sundays ? Tried to telephone but getting 'telephone not assigned ' message

essexeddie
11-01-2015, 17:23
Is this place just before the garage on the roundabout?

macdonald5
11-01-2015, 17:33
Is this place just before the garage on the roundabout?

No it's in the Main Street of Valle Sl ,used to be two of same names across road from each other

One closed but other was open ,it usually closed Wednesdays
It's a bit of a trip out to find it shut

Malteser Monkey
11-01-2015, 20:02
No it's in the Main Street of Valle Sl ,used to be two of same names across road from each other

One closed but other was open ,it usually closed Wednesdays
It's a bit of a trip out to find it shut

Let us know if it's still open and doing the usual dips we once spoke about hun

macdonald5
11-01-2015, 20:30
Let us know if it's still open and doing the usual dips we once spoke about hun

As I've not managed to contact decided to give it a miss this holiday ,maybe obs will be able to update us
We really liked the 'local' food and as you say the dips
Friends we're with only holiday here December/ January so bit sorry not to get visit there

Malteser Monkey
11-01-2015, 20:33
As I've not managed to contact decided to give it a miss this holiday ,maybe obs will be able to update us
We really liked the 'local' food and as you say the dips
Friends we're with only holiday here December/ January so bit sorry not to get visit there

ohh no probs hun. Enjoy xx

kingbaker
11-01-2015, 21:04
Hey TOTO 99 more of dem euphem...thingies on this thread:p:p:p

essexeddie
11-01-2015, 21:43
If I get time I'll drive up there and give it a looksy

welsh wendy
12-01-2015, 09:20
We had a meal there Christmas week. It was good quality as usual but I don't know about the dips. Our friend who is resident eats there quite frequently. Hope this helps.

essexeddie
12-01-2015, 18:14
Popped up there today and had a look. Looks OK and was quite busy for a daytime. Have booked a table for tomorrow night.
It was easy to find. In case anyone is interested its on the right just as you enter San Lorenzo. Green building. For those who will be bussing, its the first bus stop in the town then walk back about 100 mtrs.

macdonald5
12-01-2015, 20:39
That's good news essexeddie We will try again next holiday.
Bus 416 or 418 both suit

Enjoy ,I loved the chicken & steak there and Barraquitos were lush too
Cheers

kingbaker
12-01-2015, 20:51
Nothin' like a lush and a baraquito.:D

obs
13-01-2015, 15:04
It's still there, and growing in popularity. Good food, and reasonably priced drinks. Can't really fault it :)

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2015, 15:49
Nothin' like a lush and a baraquito.:D

Hmmm but not at the same time :whistle:

she said too baraquitos - I reckon it was more than that :D

kingbaker
13-01-2015, 16:09
Of course it was!!:p:D

essexeddie
14-01-2015, 20:37
We had a bit of a disaster with the order, both of my friends starter and main meal was wrong. But he is a bit of a knob. He always orders from the Spanish menu and tries to look a Billy big shyte but gets it wrong. Anyway my steak had to go back as it was bloody and I asked for it to be medium. But overall it was good value. I would go again with different company.

tfs1
08-07-2015, 11:25
We had a bit of a disaster with the order, both of my friends starter and main meal was wrong. But he is a bit of a knob. He always orders from the Spanish menu and tries to look a Billy big shyte but gets it wrong. Anyway my steak had to go back as it was bloody and I asked for it to be medium. But overall it was good value. I would go again with different company.

The place has now closed, paper covering the windows. Unclear if it wil be reopening.

essexeddie
08-07-2015, 21:43
That's a shame as the young guy that owned it was so keen to please. Another one bites the dust.

macdonald5
08-07-2015, 22:40
We also very sorry to see another of our 'reachable local restaurants' going down
Prefer not to drive in Tenerife so ' local' restaurants accessible by Titsa bus and taxi very important to our eating out calendar

9PLUS
09-07-2015, 08:38
Maybe they are modernising?

If think this restaurant coming under the classic model of "this good restaurant" change it and you are doomed. in a nutshell this place worked, I think it would of ran without serious problems throughtout the financial crisis because the model worked, responsibly priced good food and service. But they played with the model and it went down hill the day they opened the restaurant across the road. Even thought the food stayed reasonable, sometime a little hit and miss, the key ingredient was taken out of it, the boss/manager wasnt there to control, kitchen and service. It fell.

Malteser Monkey
09-07-2015, 09:36
Maybe they are modernising?

If think this restaurant coming under the classic model of "this good restaurant" change it and you are doomed. in a nutshell this place worked, I think it would of ran without serious problems throughtout the financial crisis because the model worked, responsibly priced good food and service. But they played with the model and it went down hill the day they opened the restaurant across the road. Even thought the food stayed reasonable, sometime a little hit and miss, the key ingredient was taken out of it, the boss/manager wasnt there to control, kitchen and service. It fell.

Used to look forward to going there - never had a bad meal but that was a long time ago

universal
09-07-2015, 15:53
Not modernising unfortunately. Closed down for good.
They do, however, still operate Cafeteria Paraiso on the main drag between Buzanada and Valle.

9PLUS
09-07-2015, 16:00
Not modernising unfortunately. Closed down for good.
They do, however, still operate Cafeteria Paraiso on the main drag between Buzanada and Valle.

OK, now that one working well.

universal
09-07-2015, 16:09
Works well with the local constabulary!