PDA

View Full Version : Spanair ceases operations

Canarian Weekly
28-01-2012, 13:30
Spanair ceased operations late Friday after a regional government in Spain announced it could no longer fund the airline, officials said. Spanair’s financial woes were exacerbated by a 2008 crash that killed 154 people. Eighteen people survived what was Spain’s worst aviation disaster in 25 years. In a statement, the airline said its “last commercial [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/spanair-ceases-operations/)

offshore diver
29-01-2012, 14:25
a lot of passengers yesterday were on the air europa flight to the north airport totally packed ,i hope the air crew get jobs with emirates or qatar airways ,they had ads last week looking for crews

duracell290
29-01-2012, 17:36
Uncle Mick sent some of his planes to bring home stranded people, and all free of charge. Why doesn't Willie Walsh do the same. Its not the passengers fault the airline went bust. Yet still so many people give out about Uncle Mick.

BoPeep
29-01-2012, 18:28
Are you saying Ryanair took people home for NOTHING???

Free of Charge?? If you mean Ryanair they charged 49 euros for the one way according to their site!

duracell290
29-01-2012, 18:44
I'm referring to emergency flights, not scheduled flights. Stranded passengers normally cant get to internet to book new flights, he sends his planes to replace grounded planes. He did it last year too when another UK travel firm went bust, and I bet you he has made his money back ten fold by people using his airline since.

duracell290
29-01-2012, 20:31
refunded by Spanish gov or ABTA dont matter here. No one else cares about stranded people ,so show a bit of gratitude to Uncle Mick. yes he might be playing a charitable card but at the same time he is doing a lot of people a good service and should be thanked appropriately. To me every country should send out their own main airline carrier and not leave it to others to bring their nationals home.