PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat Do you read The Magazine? If not, why not?

macana
28-01-2012, 21:37
Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether any of you are regular readers of The Magazine, the free monthly lifestyle mag??

If you are - and as I work there I really, really hope so :) could you please spare a moment to add our page to your likes on Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magazine/223844330968350

Every like we get really helps, and we would also really appreciate you using the Facebook page to comment on any piece that you have particularly enjoyed reading (or not), and offering constructive - I repeat, constructive comments on what you might like to see more/less of in the publication.

You never know, if you ask you might just get it, we like a challenge :wink2:

Thanks in advance!!

timmylish
29-01-2012, 14:56
Where do you place this mag. I,ve never seen it available. Iceland, Mercadona, Trebol etc?

primrose
29-01-2012, 14:59
Where do you place this mag. I,ve never seen it available. Iceland, Mercadona, Trebol etc?

I have never seen it either,perhaps if you listed a few of the places it is available it would help.

AL JAY
29-01-2012, 16:41
Is this the one?

http://www.tenerifemagazine.com/

primrose
29-01-2012, 16:54
Is this the one?

http://www.tenerifemagazine.com/

We just need to know where to get it now.:thanx:

Loaded
29-01-2012, 20:33
Never found it contained anything of substance - very glossy and smartly designed but basically just a magazine about a lifestyle that most people in Tenerife find unattainable .

The same old people are photographed at each new opening night or birthday bash.... Middle aged businessmen who are still out partying - at any party so long as mark thorntons gonna be there.... In all my 31 birthdays I don't think I've ever invited the press, perhaps I'm not (self?) important enough

Maybe I'm being to harsh, I don't know.

Simon-M
29-01-2012, 20:40
Plaza Del Duque is one place I have seen it. Loaded is right about the birthday bashes :) It is for people of a certain wealth one get's the impression :) An aspirations magazine for want of a better word.

Jackie
29-01-2012, 20:43
We just need to know where to get it now.:thanx:

You're a regular a Paul's...he normally has them on the table outside :)

primrose
29-01-2012, 20:46
You're a regular a Paul's...he normally has them on the table outside :)

Trust me to walk round with my eyes closed never seen them.rolleyes2:

Jackie
29-01-2012, 20:53
Trust me to walk round with my eyes closed never seen them.rolleyes2:

Well now you know you can keep them open lol ;)

macana
29-01-2012, 21:12
[QUOTE=AL JAY;140770]Is this the one?

No, it's this one

http://www.the-magazine.eu/

I'm really surprised and very disappointed that so many of you are having such a problem getting your hands on a copy!!!

I'll compile a distribution list and add it to our Facebook page and here on the forum, but yes, Iceland, tourist offices, Aqua spa reception, Tenerife Sunshine travel agents, several bars and eateries, it's all over the place. Maybe someone is stockpiling copies to use as wallpaper....:laugh:

Thanks for your comments, and remember to like us!

Added after 37 minutes:

Loaded - i can only hope that you haven't picked up a copy since it was completely redesigned in July....have a gander at the website for the latest online version, and I hope you'll eat your hat, as it were. First thing that went were precisely the pages you talk about, photos of very uninteresting parties.

www.the-magazine.eu

Living in hope that you find the substance has returned to this fab little mag.....

Sundowner
29-01-2012, 21:54
Plaza Del Duque is one place I have seen it. Loaded is right about the birthday bashes :) It is for people of a certain wealth one get's the impression :) An aspirations magazine for want of a better word.

Would that be the sort of mag for people who change their cars rather than music systems:whistle:

warbey
29-01-2012, 22:02
As a regular Holidaymaker I obviously cannot pick one up very often but I can certainly have a look at whatever content goes on-line.
A quick look seems interesting.
Why not explore Advertising on Here too..?

No I am not financially Involved I do not go to Facebook either...

casabonny
30-01-2012, 11:05
I like others have found it to be pretty useless as far as information is concerned.Yes its glossy and yes it looks " nice " but as for content that readers would like , sorry its a no go.Its also as has been said not widely available but I do see it at the consultation recption areas of USP Hospital ( Costa Adeje) and the Policlinica Spreafico in Los Cristianos.
Its been around a while but very few long established businesses advertise and I beleive this is for various reasons , perhaps the main one being that the distribution is rubbish.Sorry but if you want to improve on this magazine it will have to change its distribution, priice and content.
Thats my five penny worth said:wink2:

Simon-M
30-01-2012, 11:11
Would that be the sort of mag for people who change their cars rather than music systems:whistle:

More like change the car when the ashtrays full :)

Carlos
30-01-2012, 11:19
What a bizarre thread. 'Do you like my product? Please tell everyone else about it, here and on Facebook'. Maybe you should just pay to advertise, like other businesses. Judging by the feedback, the tactic has backfired a little. Sounds like someone is under pressure to keep or justify a job... A look at the info shows the poster joined the forum in June (same time as me, but it's not me) and the magazine was 'redesigned in July', presumably by this new person. But that's just me trying to work out why this has come on here.

Loaded
30-01-2012, 11:31
[QUOTE=AL JAY;140770]Is this the one?

No, it's this one

http://www.the-magazine.eu/

I'm really surprised and very disappointed that so many of you are having such a problem getting your hands on a copy!!!

I'll compile a distribution list and add it to our Facebook page and here on the forum, but yes, Iceland, tourist offices, Aqua spa reception, Tenerife Sunshine travel agents, several bars and eateries, it's all over the place. Maybe someone is stockpiling copies to use as wallpaper....:laugh:

Thanks for your comments, and remember to like us!

Added after 37 minutes:

Loaded - i can only hope that you haven't picked up a copy since it was completely redesigned in July....have a gander at the website for the latest online version, and I hope you'll eat your hat, as it were. First thing that went were precisely the pages you talk about, photos of very uninteresting parties.

www.the-magazine.eu

Living in hope that you find the substance has returned to this fab little mag.....

Well what can I say? Much much much better! Loads of good stuff in it and gone are the (advertisers) birthday parties that no one cares about!

Well done to the team! Must have something to do with the talented Mrs Negrin at the helm - see you at Nursery Sarah!

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 11:54
I have to say I haven't found a copy since you have revamped it but was never very keen as it seemed to be full of boring parties and presentations.
But I wouldn't read the Hello magazine either so perhaps I am not your aimed audience.

emskie
30-01-2012, 12:05
Pop into the Tenerife Sunshine offices there are some available in there!

Malteser Monkey
30-01-2012, 12:35
I can't read:whistle::D

will take a look later

Thanks

macana
31-01-2012, 12:38
Carlos: you really have gone to extraordinary lengths to work out why I posted this thread, even finding out when I joined (which, to compete your report, was actually March 2010 but I changed my user name). Sorry to bore you, your version is much more exciting, but I posted this thread for the exact purpose I said - to find out what reders think of it, and to get constructive feedback, as the point is to provide an interesting read to residents and visitors alike. No pressure to keep my job, thanks - and yes, I carried out the redesign.

The tactic was to get feedback, which I'm getting....some more useful than others, but there we go.

Loaded
31-01-2012, 12:44
I think the new version is a lot better than how it used to be and from what I can see on here and from people I know the main reason for not reading it was lack of substance and pointless big wig party pics, you've addressed those issues and the magazine now is actually a MAGAZINE! Well done and good luck for future issues!

YOUNG GOLFER
31-01-2012, 16:41
Would you be so kind to drop a few down my office if you have time ...not seen one for a long time...would be nice to let my clients read them while the wait.
Thanks.

Megaloo
31-01-2012, 23:57
Are they available in the North or only promoted in the South I have never come across one.

Becky
12-04-2012, 12:47
So what has happened after all the offers of help by forum members to boost distribution? Is the Magazine doing better? I still do not see it around much, sorry to say.

anto3
12-04-2012, 14:26
I liked it a few years when they had a page of peoples stories of how they ended up in Tenerife. Used to look forward to reading it as now i only read it when i have nothing else to read in a cafe. Bring back the stories

Loaded
12-04-2012, 14:38
The magazine is on hiatus according to their FB page.

Becky
12-04-2012, 15:10
Re hiatus comment: seems like a previous post on the motives for seeking feedback were not so wide of the mark, then! Pity, 'cos people did seem to rally round.

Yorkshire Remixer
12-04-2012, 22:40
i joined facebook group in december for a competition...got regular updates then they posted do to the economic climate publication of the magazine is on hold...not for good..till further notice??

here it is....

Very sorry to say that due to very difficult economic and market conditions, publication of The Magazine has been suspended for the next few months. Instead, you will find some of our fabulous features inside our sister publication, Island Connections newspaper. But do not worry! We will still be operating this page, providing you with useful information and articles, and The Magazine will be back soon, better than ever. I repeat, we are not going anywhere..just having a rest while conditions improve :)

dont knows whats going on...

tonypub
15-04-2012, 02:27
what a waste of money

TIS
15-04-2012, 11:49
Can't remember when we last had it in our office in Las Chafiras.

Does it still exist?

Simon-M
15-04-2012, 12:06
Can't remember when we last had it in our office in Las Chafiras.

Does it still exist?

According to 2 posts back from yours ....not!