PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newby

Marita17
28-01-2012, 23:28
Hi, I am a very recent expat in Los Christianos, Tenerife, and loving it - but now I am getting settled and have finally sorted out the officialdom part, I am looking to make friends and get some sort of social life/activities etc. I was incredibly brave (pats self on back) and moved here by myself. I enjoy my own company but I was busy in the UK and would like to be here. Any suggestions, or even just a 'hello', would be welcome.
Thanks. Mary

TenerifePool
28-01-2012, 23:30
Welcome Mary and congratulations on making your deram a reality.

Santiago
28-01-2012, 23:32
Hello Mary. Good for you moving out there on your own and welcome to the Forum. I hope you soon meet lots of people in Los Cris and I am sure that someone can help you to be busy before very long.

Marita17
28-01-2012, 23:48
Thank you :lol:

Thanks - and I am sure I will.. ever the smiley optimist, that's me lol

primrose
28-01-2012, 23:51
:welcome::goodluck:Welcome to the Forum.

Marita17
28-01-2012, 23:54
Hello and thank you

AL JAY
29-01-2012, 00:36
Welcome to the forum Mary,there used to be a regular meet up at the Apolo centre in Los Cris for ladies of the forum,hopefully you will make lots of new friends on here anyway,good luck in your new adventure in Tenerife!

Marita17
29-01-2012, 00:58
Thanks, yes I was told about that and I took myself along but it was chaotic - no-one seemed to be a 'point of contact', there were no programme of events (I asked), and there didn't seem to be any kind of way of letting people know I was new and on my own apart from joining a table lol. This is daunting, obviously, as everyone clearly knew each other. I sat down and ordered a coffee but apart from people turning to look occasionally, no-one made an approach. I did walk round and spoke to a few people but didn't get much encouragement so left after about half an hour - oh dear. Still onwards and upwards.

YOUNG GOLFER
29-01-2012, 01:10
Hi and welcome to the forum....why not set up your own little meet up just a thought.
You pick the time venue and you never know some members might just pop along.
I met a couple of new members this week playing tennis......nice guys too......might be worth a try Marita17.

canarybird
29-01-2012, 01:19
Hi Marita and welcome to the forum.
I just met you on the Expat blog so I wish you luck in settling in to the local community, and if you're ever paying a visit to the north, to Puerto de la Cruz, give me a notice ahead of time and we can plan a meetup and lunch somewhere.
All the best,
Canarybird (Sharon)

Marita17
29-01-2012, 01:21
How kind, I will do that.

anto3
29-01-2012, 13:19
There is a dining club set up here in los cris for people like you on there own.Cost 10 euro for 3 course with wine.They met up Saturday night, PM me if you want to meet these people, There is lots going on you just need to fine them.

Lennie
02-02-2012, 01:48
Hi,

I am also a newbie - I arrived in Tenerife a few days ago. I am from the UK. I am busy trying to secure an apartment and a job at the moment but if that all goes well I'll be happy to meet up at some point!