PDA

View Full Version : Ikea - anyone going there?

polremy
29-01-2012, 19:54
We want to buy two mattress toppers in Ikea.
They're going to be bulky so going by bus will be a pain and maybe impossible.
Is anyone out there going by car over the next couple of weeks (the sale is on if you need persuading).
We are on the Golf del Sur and would be happy to pay all petrol costs.
Fingers crossed!!

Added after 32 minutes:

Just investigated the actual toppers we want on the English site.
Got to do something. OH is suffering with backache!!

Susief
29-01-2012, 21:54
Polremy have you tried One Stop near Iceland in Chafiras. He had quite a good range and not expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polremy
29-01-2012, 22:50
Thanks.
We had planned to check out all the shops at Las Chafiras tomorrow - and then go on to Los Cris (behind the Cespa garage apparently).
You've given me hope that we might find what we want near to home.
Thanks again.
Mind you, I'm always up for a trip to Ikea!!!!! - epecially during the sales.

Susief
29-01-2012, 23:19
Aren't we all! Love just walking round Ikea.
Good luck!

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 12:14
I think Andy010 goes a lot.
PM him to see if he does?

polremy
30-01-2012, 22:02
Well, pm'd Andy but no reply as yet.
Went to LasChafiras - one stop shop and her daughter's shop too but the toppers are rather flimsy. Think we need thicker ones.
Also visited Romo who poopooed toppers and said a complete memory foam mattress is the answer - would have to save up for them.
We have a 180cm bed with two mattresses.
Thought at first we could just buy the one posh memory foam mattress but apparently it is a different depth from what we have now so that wouldn't work.
Have decided to brave it to IKEA by bus tomorrow.
We can at least buy their pillows and have a good look at the toppers.
Better investigate delivery prices I suppose.
Ah well - if it means OH is happy and out of pain it will be worth it.

polremy
31-01-2012, 18:57
Update!
Just got back from Ikea - took us all day but was productive.
We found that they sell the proper memory foam mattress (not just the topper) for 140euros.
A further advantage is that it is 14cm deep which would match the other half of the bed if we just bought one new and kept the other original 90cm mattress on our bed. (Sorry, haven't explained that very well).
So now OH has actually tried out the memory foam mattress that we could afford and will probably do the trick BUT have to find someone who could bring it to the Golf from Ikea.
So, Andy or anyone with a van, are you likely to be going up to Ikea in the near future?
Would you bring back one 90cm mattress for us?
How much would you charge?

ps. Bonus is that we did buy two memory foam pillows while we were there today and brought them back with us.
Might be having an early night!

Suej
31-01-2012, 19:06
Update!
Just got back from Ikea - took us all day but was productive.
We found that they sell the proper memory foam mattress (not just the topper) for 140euros.
A further advantage is that it is 14cm deep which would match the other half of the bed if we just bought one new and kept the other original 90cm mattress on our bed. (Sorry, haven't explained that very well).
So now OH has actually tried out the memory foam mattress that we could afford and will probably do the trick BUT have to find someone who could bring it to the Golf from Ikea.
So, Andy or anyone with a van, are you likely to be going up to Ikea in the near future?
Would you bring back one 90cm mattress for us?
How much would you charge?

ps. Bonus is that we did buy two memory foam pillows while we were there today and brought them back with us.
Might be having an early night!

I do hope someone can bring the mattress down from the North for you! Would love to know what you think of the memory pillows! did you buy the conventional British size? and how much were they please? Enjoy your sleep:sleeping:

polremy
31-01-2012, 19:19
The pillows are sort of curvy, well wavy at the top.
They are very small - just 50cm wide.
There are instructions which show different ways to position the pillow depending on whether you sleep on your back or your side.
They cost 24euros something each.

Susief
31-01-2012, 19:20
Memory foam pillows are like sleeping on a brick!
Highly rec the mattress though!

bonitatime
31-01-2012, 20:32
I love my memory pillow and wouldn't go back to a normal one.

Andy0210
01-02-2012, 04:06
The pillows are sort of curvy, well wavy at the top.
They are very small - just 50cm wide.
There are instructions which show different ways to position the pillow depending on whether you sleep on your back or your side.
They cost 24euros something each.

Not sure when you pmīd me but i have just been back through my pmīs and not recieved any PM from you, have sent PM to you now after reading this thread.

polremy
01-02-2012, 10:26
Hi, Andy.
Got your pm and have replied to it.
Thanks for the offer.
Please let me know if my new pm doesn't arrive.

Slept really well on the new memory foam pillows.
Recommend them.

Ian_N
03-02-2012, 01:51
Good if you get free delivery i pay about 80e lol

Andy0210
03-02-2012, 07:51
Good if you get free delivery i pay about 80e lol

For future reference Ian i charge 60€ for Ikea collections. :)

polremy
07-02-2012, 10:31
Have sent you another pm, Andy.
If it didn't arrive, please let me know.

Ian_N
08-02-2012, 01:51
Sound Andy i am talking what they charge for delivery in there your prices are better. If you want something you get it with or without delivery but no one does anything for free. Why would you.