PDA

View Full Version : Information needed on CEIP, Parque de la Reina, south Tenerife

ElaineTV
30-01-2012, 11:27
Morning peeps!

Can anyone tell me more about this school?

What are the hours for both infants & Primary, from what I can gather it's 9am - 1pm infants & 9-1.30pm Primary.. is this right - is there no school from 4-6?

What facilities are there for after school club and how much?

Also, is the school office still open from 22nd June to 31 Aug in order for maticulation?

Many Thanks in advance! :spin:

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 11:56
No state school is open in the afternoon except as an extra which you pay for.
As far as I know the schools are shut from 1st of July to the 31st of August for holidays.

ElaineTV
30-01-2012, 12:47
No state school is open in the afternoon except as an extra which you pay for.
As far as I know the schools are shut from 1st of July to the 31st of August for holidays.

Thanks bonitatime, I thought so... I was talking to my mum about the school hours and she was shocked, no wonder the education system has deteriorated, when I went to school on the Mainland the hours were 9-2 and 4-6 with the option for kids to stay during lunch time or be taken home, I remember going home as my mum worked as a cleaner mornings only and my dad was a bull fighter! lol!! :spin:

4-5 hours of schooling per day is pretty poor isn't it!! Oh well I'm sure the system must work to a certain degree I suppose?? :confused:

emskie
30-01-2012, 14:00
You could always look at a private school. My daughter is in Luther King which is 9.30-5pm, people think it is expensive but it is actually the lunches that bump the price up. If you are not working and can take the kids out for lunchthe IMHO I dont think the prices are bad at all. The standard of education is also high with both Spanish and English lessons from day 1!

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 14:45
The cheapest of the full day schools would be Echeyde which is actually within walking distance of Parque de la Reina perhaps not for ones as little as yours.
You pay from 3-6 years then just lunch and activity fees. They go from early till late. My youngest was there most of her school years and loved it. They have a website but I am on the phone so can't find it easily

9PLUS
30-01-2012, 17:08
El Echeyde comes very highly recommended

ElaineTV
30-01-2012, 18:57
El Echeyde comes very highly recommended

Is it for infants too?

My kids will be 3, 6 & 9 come September, will they all be in the same school or have to go somewhere else as I notice that there are 3 buildings 1, 11 & 111 in different areas?

9PLUS
30-01-2012, 19:27
Its a junior school so from 3 years old until 14 i think

Tinkabel
30-01-2012, 20:19
Morning peeps!

Can anyone tell me more about this school?

What are the hours for both infants & Primary, from what I can gather it's 9am - 1pm infants & 9-1.30pm Primary.. is this right - is there no school from 4-6?

What facilities are there for after school club and how much?

Also, is the school office still open from 22nd June to 31 Aug in order for maticulation?

Many Thanks in advance! :spin:

Not sure about the infants but the primary kids finish at 2pm then there's school dinner. Think that will take until around 3pm, Its an excellent school and the teachers are lovely. There are after school activities too.

ElaineTV
30-01-2012, 21:15
Its a junior school so from 3 years old until 14 i think

Is that El Echeyde?

9PLUS
30-01-2012, 21:29
Is that El Echeyde?

Blimey El Echeyde is a junior school where kids go from 3 years old until 14 or so

ElaineTV
30-01-2012, 21:58
Blimey El Echeyde is a junior school where kids go from 3 years old until 14 or so

lol!! Thanks just making sure as the title refers to PDR... it's been a long day!! :twak:

Nic
30-01-2012, 22:25
my daughter is three and started in CEIP Parque de la Reina in September last year when she was 2 1/2 years old. The school is very good and is getting a very good reputation. It is a primary school with children starting "infantil" at 3 years old. My daughter stays for school lunch and finishes at 3.15pm, if they don't go for school dinner then they finish at 1.30pm I think. School starts at 9am and the headmaster waits at the gate with a rod of iron for any that come late! I'm very impressed with the school. They have a webpage if you want more info or call into the school between 9.30am and 11.00am. If you would like any more info, please feel free to PM me and here's a link to the school's website http://www.ceipparquelareina.es/

9PLUS
30-01-2012, 22:35
Well if you mean't PDR you should of said i while back anyway here what i can say about that

my daughter is three and started in CEIP Parque de la Reina in September last year when she was 2 1/2 years old. The school is very good and is getting a very good reputation. It is a primary school with children starting "infantil" at 3 years old. My daughter stays for school lunch and finishes at 3.15pm, if they don't go for school dinner then they finish at 1.30pm I think. School starts at 9am and the headmaster waits at the gate with a rod of iron for any that come late! I'm very impressed with the school. They have a webpage if you want more info or call into the school between 9.30am and 11.00am. If you would like any more info, please feel free to PM me and here's a link to the school's website http://www.ceipparquelareina.es/

Cheers

x

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 23:06
Echeyde go From 3 to 16

9PLUS
31-01-2012, 11:10
14 + 2

x.............

ElaineTV
31-01-2012, 11:15
14 + 2

x.............

:tiphat: :wave:

Added after 5 minutes:

Can anyone advise me on what the sports and music facilities are like at El Echeyde? The website is quite limited with details.. I suppose I should go and have a look around - when is the best time to ask for a visit, do they have a particular week/open day? Thanks guys!! :tiphat: xx

bonitatime
31-01-2012, 12:33
Music seemed always to be the recorder but perhaps that was just beause I hate it so much.
They do sports twice a week if I remember. In their lunch break there is a phyisical and an educational activity. Each child who is staying for lunch has to do one of each and these included football and athletics for sports and computer studies, chess amongst others.
Ballet and Karate were extra and there was a separate charge for these.
I am trying to remember more but my child hasn't been there for 3 years so its hard. Try emailing them as they are very friendly

ElaineTV
31-01-2012, 17:12
Music seemed always to be the recorder but perhaps that was just beause I hate it so much.
They do sports twice a week if I remember. In their lunch break there is a phyisical and an educational activity. Each child who is staying for lunch has to do one of each and these included football and athletics for sports and computer studies, chess amongst others.
Ballet and Karate were extra and there was a separate charge for these.
I am trying to remember more but my child hasn't been there for 3 years so its hard. Try emailing them as they are very friendly

Many thanks once again bonitatime!! I will contact them.. I might just contact PDLR too... just incase there's no places at El Echyede... best to have a few options I suppose. :spin:

Tinkabel
01-02-2012, 08:51
Many thanks once again bonitatime!! I will contact them.. I might just contact PDLR too... just incase there's no places at El Echyede... best to have a few options I suppose. :spin:

Elaine i think you may have to live in the area to get a place at Parque de la Reina, It's turned out to be a very popular school and priority always goes to those within the locality.

SeanC
20-02-2012, 00:03
Thanks bonitatime, I thought so... I was talking to my mum about the school hours and she was shocked, no wonder the education system has deteriorated, when I went to school on the Mainland the hours were 9-2 and 4-6 with the option for kids to stay during lunch time or be taken home, I remember going home as my mum worked as a cleaner mornings only and my dad was a bull fighter! lol!! :spin:

4-5 hours of schooling per day is pretty poor isn't it!! Oh well I'm sure the system must work to a certain degree I suppose?? :confused:

Having been educated in Ireland, where the normal primary school day ends at approx 2pm (with education at secondary level then winding out until 4pm), I have never been able to get my head around the trend of private & semi-private schools here running classes until 4 or 5pm. While acknowledging that kids are sponges for information, it appears to me that some parents are delighted when the education timetable of their children adheres to that of their own working day! Quantity does not always equal quality. Just my tuppence worth.