PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 5th Feb CD Tenerife vs Albacete

Fred Perry
30-01-2012, 11:53
Sunday 5th Feb
CD Tenerife vs Albacete
Kick Off Midday.

Six pointer at the Heliodoro if ever there was one.
A tribute to Royal Oak Andy will be made at the match and his family will be at the game with us.

bonitatime
30-01-2012, 12:30
This will be a great game and there should be a good crowd especially on the back of yesterday's win.

FinnKris
04-02-2012, 16:43
Anyone know if this one is televised?

bonitatime
04-02-2012, 22:38
Not televised this time

armadasur
05-02-2012, 11:52
Fingers crossed for todays game, it really is a must win. Play up CDT!

Slim Angel
05-02-2012, 13:04
Behind after 2 mins.

FinnKris
05-02-2012, 13:18
Behind after 2 mins.

Jupp, worst start possible in a game we just can't afford to lose. Seems it was an own goal by Marcos (not that it matter, they all count of course).

I'll take a draw from this position, I feel we just can't afford to drop all 3 points here.

Added after 32 minutes:

0-1 at Half Time.

We need a big second half to turn this around. Bring on Aridane for the last 20 mins & start throwing crosses in for him to attack (if we are still behind by then).

Slim Angel
05-02-2012, 14:26
Tenerife just scored. 20 mins. to score again.

Added after 19 minutes:

Tenerife just scored in last minute.

FinnKris
05-02-2012, 14:50
2-1 to CDT the final score.

Hell Yeah!!!!! I would have happily settled for the draw after being 0-1 down at HT as that would put us above Albacete in the final standings in case of equal points (if I have understood the system correctly), but turning it around & winning is just bloody fantastic.

What a great come back & potentially huge confidence booster for the rest of the season. Great to get the full 3 points as well as a lot of the top teams won

Added after 3 minutes:

The equalizer was scored by new boy Loro, what a great signing he is looking like. And the winner was score by fan favorite Pablo Sicilia in the closing stages of the match. Great to have him back as he is a quality defender committed to the cause & quite dangerous from set pieces in an attacking sense as well.

bonitatime
05-02-2012, 16:07
It is probably the best home game I have seen this season. For the way they fought back. For the way they never gave up. The winter signings all seem an improvement.

Davie Thistle
05-02-2012, 17:49
.......................fantastic!:jumping:

was a wee bit wary at half time,
but the end result is blooming majik!!!

Fred Perry
05-02-2012, 17:50
Well what an amazing emotional day. The Frente played their part in making it a special day dedicated to Andy, a sad loss for us all at Armada Sur, infact everyone in our stand at the Heliodoro. It shows how much this a "family". In the good times and in the bad.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rwq54n.jpg

The game started in the worst possible way with a deflected own goal. Here we go we thought.
The players kept at it and enjoyed some chances before the break. Albacete are a strong side though and kept the crosses out.
The 2nd half saw tenerife attacking with some more purpose but there were not any clear cut chances created. With the fantastic equaliser (a 25 yrd free kick from new boy Loro) we were back in it and the self-belief kick in. Just when we though it would end in a draw (which in a way with 20 mins to go I would have settled for) up popped Pablo Sicilia to score a diving header. A goal from heaven in the last minute. The injury time lasted for it seemed an eternity but when the final whistle blew the scenes were fantastic. The best bit was yet to come as goal scorer Pablo Sicilia ran over to our end and handed his match shirt to Dee, Andy´s mother. Another great touch. The whole end appluded.

Three important points and the run starts here......

Davie Thistle
05-02-2012, 19:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6s2d4pxzn5Q

Hope this works!!

found it on utube!

:jumping:

Dandy Don
06-02-2012, 19:32
Lovely left foot free kick from the lad Loro.

:scotland:

Chayofa Tete
07-02-2012, 10:50
Excellent day all round, probably for me the most exciting end since the Xerez 2-0 win in 2009 and a very fitting tribute to Andy just rounded it all off nicely.

bonitatime
07-02-2012, 11:18
Lovely game to be over for.
Not like some who were here 2 weeks ago.

Bluefox
07-02-2012, 22:30
Thanks for the memory!

bonitatime
07-02-2012, 22:50
Thanks for the memory!

I know you love me

redarrow
08-02-2012, 16:28
Excellent day all round, probably for me the most exciting end since the Xerez 2-0 win in 2009 and a very fitting tribute to Andy just rounded it all off nicely.

I got that feeling too. That was a hell of a game. And some of the nicest opposing supporters I've met.