View Full Version : Bars Geordie Pride, Puerto Colon, Tenerife

slodgedad
10-06-2011, 01:01
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

tub
28-11-2011, 21:10
me and my wife usually pop in in the morning for a quick one before lunch very pleasant people run it and the food they serve is first class we always have a sunday roast there it is as good as you will get any where

imablue
28-11-2011, 22:22
me and my wife usually pop in in the morning for a quick one before lunch .......................

good lord !! what do the other customers ...think ....:eyebrows:

pearlandfrank
28-11-2011, 22:32
Can we have a copy of the DVD

balcon
28-11-2011, 23:21

good lord !! what do the other customers ...think ....:eyebrows:

thanks for that, you really made me laugh ....... :laugh:

Connie
08-04-2012, 13:47
Hi - does anyone know if this place is still open? We heard it was closed - it must be quiet that end now as Kitty O'Sheas has moved too.

Thanks.

imablue
08-04-2012, 20:52
I had heard this last weekend that its changed hands...once again ...
the Geordie Pride (as was known ) died a couple of years ago ...

macdonald5
09-04-2012, 16:42
Hi - does anyone know if this place is still open? We heard it was closed - it must be quiet that end now as Kitty O'Sheas has moved too.

Thanks.

The Belgium bar next to Geordie Pride (Mews Cafe?) owned and run by Libert
We found always busy and great measure of branded spirits at reasonable prices Also little touches like a fresh dish of peanuts and breadsticks always placed with your drinks

Top Cat
19-04-2012, 17:39
Well just to let you know the Geordie Pride is alive and well and in the capable hands of new owners Mark and Kerry who took over 3 weeks ago. Me the wife and kids got back from Puerto Colon this morning and have to admit we spent a fair bit of time in the GP over the last 10 days.

Mark and Kerry are a lovely couple and if personality counts for something then they will have people returning again and again. It really was a pleasure to find 2 people with such infectious enthusiasm and I really hope that the GP goes from strength to strength. They have just introduced a new menu and I must say the food was excellent, a special mention must go to the Sunday Lunch which was excellent value, piping hot and delicious to boot.
They are just starting to have entertainment with Irish Singer Johnny Higgs booked for Sunday evenings (other dates to follow if all goes well according to Kerry).
Do yourself a favour and pay them a visit sometime soon, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed and that's coming from a born and bred Cockney who can't believe he now has an affinity to Newcastle (unless of course they are playing the famous West Ham United:tiphat:)

imablue
20-04-2012, 00:00
thats good to hear.. TC.. the port defo needs new blood as they say..best of luck to Mark and Kerry...P,s mum and dad are over for 2 weeks ..we may just well get down that way in the next couple of days ...

carpdaught1
20-04-2012, 01:51
good luck ,always a good sunday dinner keep up the good work lol

Top Cat
20-04-2012, 17:52
thats good to hear.. TC.. the port defo needs new blood as they say..best of luck to Mark and Kerry...P,s mum and dad are over for 2 weeks ..we may just well get down that way in the next couple of days ...

Mention to Kerry that Mr & Mrs Jack Daniels reccomended her, she might even let you try one of her slippery nipples that she is in the process of perfecting:cheeky:

Top Cat
21-04-2012, 20:23
Just downloaded my holiday snaps and remembered the Sunday lunch (which was 5 Euros 50 Cents) also included a pudding so even better value that I remembered, although I do put my lack of memory down to 1 to many beers in the sunshine

MummyJ
23-04-2012, 22:22
walked passed there today and seemed to be a good few in

Top Cat
25-04-2012, 08:15
walked passed there today and seemed to be a good few in

Great news, any further updates would be welcome. We've only been back a week and we are missing the GP and Puerto Colon, I can feel another trip to the Easyjet website comming on:cheeky:

i love the beach
10-06-2012, 14:14
Great news, any further updates would be welcome. We've only been back a week and we are missing the GP and Puerto Colon, I can feel another trip to the Easyjet website comming on:cheeky:

This time last week we were sat in the sun at Geordie Pride enjoying a delicious Sunday lunch, the food was excellent, 2 courses for 5.5 euros washed down with a euro pint, I dont know how they do it. My Sister said it was the best Sunday Lunch she had ever had in Tenerife, me being a veggie had everything but the meat, she had the pork, then we had rhubarb crumble with custard, lovely ! The place was packed, im not surprised, excellent food with great service.
Thank you Geordie Pride we will be back next visit.

tub
04-11-2012, 21:49
Hi does anyone know if the geordie pride is still run by mark and kerry we will be back at christmas and will be dropping down to see them if it is

macdonald5
04-11-2012, 22:45
Hi does anyone know if the geordie pride is still run by mark and kerry we will be back at christmas and will be dropping down to see them if it is

They were there a couple of weeks ago when we were 'down the port,' was pretty quiet then and closed earlyish

tub
05-11-2012, 21:23
thanks will pop down in 6 weeks roll on

tub
12-05-2013, 20:39
i was a fan of geordie pride till the other day i asked for a sleeve glass as i hate drinking out of jugs kerry the owner said if i wanted a sleeve glass i would have to pay 20cents more because they hold more i always ask at any of the five or six bars that i and my wife drink at and nobody asked asked for any extra i told her it was alright she then pulled it a good inch and probably more short and then took a dim view as i asked her to top it up we have been using this bar for years but that was the last time we go in there

macdonald5
12-05-2013, 20:48
i was a fan of geordie pride till the other day i asked for a sleeve glass as i hate drinking out of jugs kerry the owner said if i wanted a sleeve glass i would have to pay 20cents more because they hold more i always ask at any of the five or six bars that i and my wife drink at and nobody asked asked for any extra i told her it was alright she then pulled it a good inch and probably more short and then took a dim view as i asked her to top it up we have been using this bar for years but that was the last time we go in there
We have frequented Geordie Pride over many years and owners , Kerry & hubby doing good job but missing the woo factor we feel Measures only almost acceptable Try a measure at similar price next door at Belguim Bar and see the difference !!
BananaBar at top of hill also gives very generous measure of branded drinks

sundownersvince
12-05-2013, 20:52
Well done tub. They are probably describing those 400ml glasses with handles on as pints anyway! I come from down Sarf so obviously I dont want an inch of froth on my pint either. I too hate jugs. Well, those type anyway.

warbey
12-05-2013, 20:54
We always assume the Glasses used hold a Pint.

Look carefully and a Pint is rarely mentioned.

I too would ask for the right Measure. I will never be Popular, but this Attitude deters GOOD Customers, who then tell Others.

What a Pity....

marbro8
12-05-2013, 20:57
i have noticed over the years that spanish people never put to much emphasis on pulling a full pint, but us brits find it appalling if we are short measured in our drinks:lol:, but there are 2 ways of looking at it really, from their point of view they are running a business and if they are giving you more they are entitled to charge more, but from your point of view it seems petty because for 20 cents they have probably lost hundreds of euros, and beer in tenerife is so cheap anyway:dontknow:

woolli
12-05-2013, 21:06
Most glasses are not a pint, but are 0.4L, but are generally advertised as a large beer. I dont know of any bars that actually serve a pint, but some do advertise as a pint. A pint is actually 0.58L, so dont be fooled by 1€ pints, there are none!

YOUNG GOLFER
12-05-2013, 21:18
Wow wee things are really getting bad in Tenerife lol.........

carpenter
12-05-2013, 21:34
Miles are KM's Pounds are Kilo's and Pints are litres

I've not come across a 0.4cl glass unless it's a Lowenbrau or maybe the Perroni. Usually they are 0.5cl which is a knats pee off a full pint. If you want a British pint then talk to Brussels.

Tenerife is metric!

and it's actually 5.7ltrs not 5.8

slodgedad
13-05-2013, 00:24
Miles are KM's Pounds are Kilo's and Pints are litres

I've not come across a 0.4cl glass unless it's a Lowenbrau or maybe the Perroni. Usually they are 0.5cl which is a knats pee off a full pint. If you want a British pint then talk to Brussels.

Tenerife is metric!

and it's actually 5.7ltrs not 5.8

So youˇve never had a pint of Dorada in a Spanish bar?

I detest those glasses with handles on, especially if they're chilled.

Ask for a 'vaso frio' and a 33cl bottle of beer and see how much room is left.

tub
15-05-2013, 20:23
it was the fact that she said i had to pay extra for more beer then pull it short to make sure i did not get it that got my goat

slodgedad
15-05-2013, 21:25
A pint of beer is a British mind set.

There are a few bars that use Brit glasses that do hold a pint but the majority use European style glasses at 0.4 or 0.5 litre.

Deware of the glasses that say pint with no imperial measure mark as they are American pints which are less than half a litre.

Imperial pint = 20 ounces....American pint = 16 ounces.

This is why Americans call a normal bottle of booze a fifth, because it is 4 fifths of a quart. I know it's only 26 odd ounces but it is 4 fifths of an American quart, which is not much more than a pint and a quarter.....Duhhh. I digress.

Steve 1968
24-09-2013, 22:38
Just heard from my stepdad who arrived there today that this bar has now been renamed The Potters Inn. Which I guess means it's owned by the same people but now reflects the area that they come from and is no longer soiled with all of those NUFC shirts and photos :laugh: