PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of finding work in Tenerife at this time of year?

Lennie
01-02-2012, 02:55
Hello,

My boyfriend and I are currently in Tenerife and are considering staying here to find work. I am a qualified teacher of Secondary English and English Literature with extensive experience of the British National Curriculum, GCSE/IGCSE and A-Level/International Baccalaureate. I could either work in a school or offer private tuition. I would also consider other fields of work such as sales, telemarketing or bar work.

My boyfriend has experience of programming but was more recently working in the warehouse of a large supermarket chain in Sweden. He would also consider other fields of work. He is Swedish and speaks fluent English.

Neither of us speak Spanish but we would make an effort to learn as quickly as possible should we get employment here. We would prefer to be based in the Los Cristianos/Playa de las Americas region of the island.

My question is, is it likely that we will find work in Tenerife or should we look elsewhere? We have noticed that the island is busy during the day but quiet at night so we don't know if restaurant or bar work would be possible to find at this time of year.

We would be really grateful of any advice.
Thank you very much

Lennie
01-02-2012, 09:43
Hello,

My boyfriend and I are currently in Tenerife and are considering staying here to find work. I am a qualified teacher of Secondary English and English Literature with extensive experience of the British National Curriculum, GCSE/IGCSE and A-Level/International Baccalaureate. I could either work in a school or offer private tuition. I would also consider other fields of work such as sales, telemarketing or bar work.

My boyfriend has experience of programming but was more recently working in the warehouse of a large supermarket chain in Sweden. He would also consider other fields of work. He is Swedish and speaks fluent English.

Neither of us speak Spanish but we would make an effort to learn as quickly as possible should we get employment here. We would prefer to be based in the Los Cristianos/Playa de las Americas region of the island.

My question is, is it likely that we will find work in Tenerife or should we look elsewhere? We have noticed that the island is busy during the day but quiet at night so we don't know if restaurant or bar work would be possible to find at this time of year.

We would be really grateful of any advice.
Thank you very much

doreen
01-02-2012, 09:50
Hi Lennie ... I doubt very much you will be able to use your teaching skills here. If you search through the forum you will find a lot of people looking for work and asking the same sort of question and the replies are mostly negative. However, one large group of tourists at this time of the year are the "Skandis" and they are sought after as they usually spend more than average ... perhaps therefore your boyfriend would find PR work or with a Travel Agency :)