PDA

View Full Version : What are my rights on a contracted trial period in Tenerife?

Cookey
02-02-2012, 14:24
I am currently second week into new employment, I have not yet signed the contract (the alta has gone through to TGSS but will be chasing it up this week) and was wondering if the employers have to give you any notice if they donīt want you as I believe after the trial period you get 15 days if they finish you.

Many thanks

doreen
02-02-2012, 15:47
I believe you get notice at the end of the period that you have not passed the initial trial period ... any pay off after that is pro rata to the time you have been on contract - max of 45 days per year worked on full time contract (can be 20 days per full year in some cases)

doreen
02-02-2012, 15:54
I believe you get notice at the end of the period that you have not passed the initial trial period ... any pay off after that is pro rata to the time you have been on contract - max of 45 days per year worked on full time contract (can be 20 days per full year in some cases)

EDIT - sorry, were you asking if you get 15 days notice once you have passed the trial period - no, the normal is to give 2 weeks notice if contract is not being renewed, but you can be dismissed without notice (and receive due payment - finiquito)

Cookey
02-02-2012, 16:24
Thanks Doreen

During the initial trial period can you be dismissed without any further pay/notice etc (not that I would expect much as only a few weeks worked)?