PDA

View Full Version : Health Which restaurants have got disabled access/loos on "The Golf"?

Tom & Sharon
02-02-2012, 17:55
It is now nearly 2 weeks since I broke my leg, and am going stir crazy.

I have a full leg plaster on and am in a wheelchair, but would love to go out.

I have been racking my brains to think where I can go, but can't think of anywhere.

Can anyone else think of a restaurant on the golf, which has access for a wheelchair and disabled loos?

Zara
02-02-2012, 18:17
There is this leaflet, (sorry not looked at it closely for a long while, so donīt know if the Golf is included) but it gives, hotels, shopping centres, bars etc where those with mobility issues can use HERE (http://www.arona.travel/portal/RecursosWeb/DOCUMENTOS/1/12_10029_1.pdf) but looking at the 'Accessible Tourism' site of the Tourist Board there doesnīt seem to be much at all in the Golf that is suitable. http://www.portalturismoaccesible.org/

Suej
02-02-2012, 18:57
It is now nearly 2 weeks since I broke my leg, and am going stir crazy.

I have a full leg plaster on and am in a wheelchair, but would love to go out.

I have been racking my brains to think where I can go, but can't think of anywhere.

Can anyone else think of a restaurant on the golf, which has access for a wheelchair and disabled loos?

Didn't anyone show you at the hospital how to walk on full crutches if the leg is non-weight bearing? It would help you a lot with mobility if you can get away without the wheelchair! Good luck! and wishing you a speedy recovery!!!:wave:

Tom & Sharon
02-02-2012, 19:02
Didn't anyone show you at the hospital how to walk on full crutches if the leg is non-weight bearing? It would help you a lot with mobility if you can get away without the wheelchair! Good luck! and wishing you a speedy recovery!!!:wave:

Sue with my balance, I'd probably fall again and break the other one!

I am far safer in a chair believe me. :-)

Suej
02-02-2012, 19:38
Sue with my balance, I'd probably fall again and break the other one!

I am far safer in a chair believe me. :-)

Ha Ha!!! I forgot about that Sharon! Sorry! Awww! :sorry:

I do wish you better soon! Sorry I can't help with your question!:goodluck:

dotty1
02-02-2012, 19:46
Hi Sharon: When I broke my leg I went to Winter Gardens, downstairs as got a ramp and the upstairs restaurant as a lift
and the toilets upstairs and down have handicap facilities. I bet you can!t wait to get out

Tom & Sharon
02-02-2012, 19:53
Hi Sharon: When I broke my leg I went to Winter Gardens, downstairs as got a ramp and the upstairs restaurant as a lift
and the toilets upstairs and down have handicap facilities. I bet you can!t wait to get out

Yes thanks I am. Winter Gardens is the only one I can think of. I can't think of anywhere else though!

golf birdie
02-02-2012, 19:57
MacDonalds:spin:

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2012, 14:28
speedy recovery sharon x

Tom & Sharon
03-02-2012, 22:33
I have just returned from my first venture out.

It was very successful. We got a taxi so that I could have the whole back seat and have my leg up, and the taxi drivers were lovely and really helped me in and out.

Winter Gardens is extremely wheelchair friendly. Access in and out to the road is very easy, and the disabled loos are huge, easily accessible and extremely clean.

If you ever have the misfortune to break your leg, I can highly recommend it!

marbro8
03-02-2012, 23:25
hi sharon sorry to hear of your misfortune (how the hell did you break your leg?) if you can get about in a taxi taylors lounge have a disabled loo? when we where over in october our disabled niece hired one of those madge off benidorm electric scooters and she got about fine, we even hired a big taxi that had a ramp for it so we could get the taxi to pick us up and drop us off in resort( and tenerife is one of the most disabled friendly places we have ever been) so just get yourself one of those and you can travel anywhere along los cris or las americas and just get the large taxi to take you back:spin:

karinagal
03-02-2012, 23:25
So sorry to hear about your leg.. If its any consolation it's cold and icy here.. You certainly wouldn't want to venture out with a broken leg in this! Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.. Take care

Karina