PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair plane returned to Tenerife after fault

ally9997
04-02-2012, 14:12
Last night my friends set off with ryanair flight to scotland from tenerife
after one hour in the sky a fault was located and had to return to the rock
so it circled for a while to burn off fuel, the poor passengers had more delay time till another plane was organised to continue their journey home.

Alls well ends well....... Always scary when something like that happens and im due to fly with them n 2 weeks arrrrrrrrrrr:)

ally xxxx

Santiago
04-02-2012, 14:43
so it circled for a while to burn off fuel, the poor passengers had more delay time till another plane was organised to continue their journey home.

Alls well ends well....... Always scary when something like that happens and im due to fly with them n 2 weeks arrrrrrrrrrr:)

ally xxxx

Better to return to the Rock and be delayed there rather than suffer the alternative!!

Vortex Wake
04-02-2012, 15:03
Nothing exciting like this ever happens when I'm on board :( The best I can expect is for one of the jons to go u/s meaning passengers having to do the conga from on end to the other after their g & t's

blondie
04-02-2012, 15:21
Two weeks ago we had to change planes luckily enough before take off but begs the question ars the tarmac services being given enough time for their checks.It is great always being on time but at what cost we have to ask ourselves.

jewels
04-02-2012, 15:25

ally xxxx

Me too....................

soren lorenson
04-02-2012, 17:18
we had a 4 hour delay with Ryanair, back in December due to a technical fault, I think our plane had, had to land in Madrid and passengers had to wait til another one became available to get them here. A few people kicking off at TFS airport but for me IŽd rather be late than on a faulty air craft. Ryanair did provide meal vouchers which we never expected!!!

golf birdie
04-02-2012, 18:20
we had a 4 hour delay with Ryanair, back in December due to a technical fault, I think our plane had, had to land in Madrid and passengers had to wait til another one became available to get them here. A few people kicking off at TFS airport but for me IŽd rather be late than on a faulty air craft. Ryanair did provide meal vouchers which we never expected!!!

don't forget you can claim 400€ per passenger for delays of 4 hours or more.

ally9997
04-02-2012, 18:27
yes defo.......im still waiting to hear what the problem was:cheeky:

Added after 4 minutes:

see you there lol x

Added after 5 minutes:

Two weeks ago we had to change planes luckily enough before take off but begs the question ars the tarmac services being given enough time for their checks.It is great always being on time but at what cost we have to ask ourselves.

yes must be really scary when your already up there....... and they still had to circle to burn off fuel knowing that something is wrong..
ally