PDA

View Full Version : Residencia & the new Certificado de Registro in Tenerife: discussions and questions.

Pages : [1] 2

MrsTT
29-05-2011, 16:45
12/7/12 : Important update posted by Goldenmaniac in THIS POST (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions&p=197208&viewfull=1#post197208)

Updated info posted by Los Roques on 18/8/10 :

I went to get my "certificado registro residente" today - the "green paper" with the NIE on it - to replace my expiring Tarjeta Residencia (resident / id card). The information I found on the 'net - here and elsewhere - about what to do, what to put on the form, where to go and when and what to take was all a bit mixed up.

Here's what I actually did / needed to do:

I got the EX-16 online from the MIR website (http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_16.pdf) and filled it in.

Here's what to put if you're a UK citizen replacing an expired Tarjeta Residencia Comunitario

Section 1:
NIE - your existing NIE, found on your tarjeta residencia or on the piece of paper you got from the police station all that time ago
Nº Pasaporte - your passport number, found on the picture page of your passport
1º apellido - Surname
2º apellido - Second surname, leave blank if you don´t have one
Nombre - Forenames
Fecha de nacimiento - Date of Birth
Lugar de nacimiento - Place of birth, the town named on the photo page of your passport
Sexo - [H]ombre = male, [M]ujer = female
Estado Civil - [S]oltero = single / [C]asado = married / [V]iduo = widowed / [D]ivorciado = divorced / [Sp]eparado = seperated
Nombre del padre = Father's name
Nombre de la madre = Mother's name
Domicilio en España = Your address in Spain, make sure you put your actual address, not a postal address if you have a PO box, for example
C./PL = Street name
Nº = House number
Piso = Apartment number
Tel = Telephone
Localidad = Town (e.g. Las Americas / Granadilla / Las Galletas)
CP = Post code
Provincia = Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Periodo previsto de residencia en España = How long you intend to live in Spain. If you've moved here permanently put "PERMANENTEMENTE"
Fecha acredita de inicio de la residencia en España = when did your residence in Spain start

Leave section 2 blank.

In section 3, tick the first box, "Certificado Registro residente comunitario" and leave the rest blank.

In section 4 enter the name and address for letters to be sent. Should be the same as the address in section 1, but if you have post sent to a PO box or to work, put that address in here.

Sign and date and tick the "SI" box at the bottom - you agree for your information to be recorded in the identity register.

I got to the Police station in Las Americas at ten to eight in the morning and joined the queue. At 8am a woman and two policemen came out and started to direct people into the building. Some were given numbered tickets - these are for DNI applications, so you don't need one and it doesn't matter if they run out before you get to the front.

Go inside and turn right inside the door. There's a waiting area with seats facing an open area with the various service desks and an information desk on the right, the queue for which forms on the far right next to the windows. Join this queue, it moved quite quickly. When I got to the front I asked for a 790, the man at the counter glanced at the papers I had and gave me a 790. I confirmed with him that I simply had to return here again with the forms and the "paid" 790. A side note, I'd head several people in front of me asking where the nearest bank was.

I then headed off to a bank, as it turned out a La Caixa Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=las+americas&sll=28.12838,-16.585404&sspn=0.06381,0.102825&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Hospital+Sur,+38640+Arona,+Santa+Cruz+de+Ten erife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&ll=28.069197,-16.732304&spn=0.001995,0.003213&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.069298,-16.7323&panoid=GEatI-jTlQiwmK0pKprFoQ&cbp=12,95.37,,0,9.36) that was deserted so I was served instantly.

I headed back to the police station, walked straight up to the counter as there was no queue, showed the forms to the same man with the completed and stamped 790, and was given a turn number for desk A. There were 10 or so turns to go before my number. I noticed that people in front of me in the queue asking for directions to a bank earlier weren't there - either they were coming back later or found a queue at the bank they went to!

When my turn came I went to the desk and handed over the forms saying briefly why I was there. The man behind the desk spoke so-so- english to me (spanish was actually easier) and actually took:

1 x completed form
1 x photocopy of photo page from passport
1 x passport-style photo
The modelo 790
My old Tarjeta Residencia

The man specifically asked for my Tarjeta Residencia. I asked if I could keep it and he made it clear that it was obligatory to return it once it has expired, and that failure to do so and continuing to use it once expired can lead to a fine.

He printed my certificate there and then, stamped it, handed it to me and that was it! All done.

I was walking out of the police station certificate in hand at 9:15.

Observations about the process:

There's no harm in taking extra copies of everything. I had extra copies of the form, my passport, my original NIE document and spare passport-style photos. They weren't asked for, but you never know.

I would say that you don't need to be at the police station at 8am for this, in fact turning up at 8:15 or so is probably better as there's no queue to get your 790. You could turn up pretty much any time that the office is open, though obviously this may have an effect on how long you wait for your turn at the desk. You could even go, collect your 790 one day, return another day with the completed 790 and forms.

Everybody was friendly, but then a smile and a quick "buen día" goes miles. Don't forget, these people have their off days just like we do....

Last edited by KirstyJay; 18th August 2010 at 16:25. Reason: Updated link

TenerifeTeddy
02-06-2011, 17:09
Upddated info posted by Los Roques on 18/8/10 :....

Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Arrived at the police station at 0830 with completed EX-16´s, 1 minute in the queue to get the 790´s. Popped to Santander bank to pay €10 each for the forms, then back to the police station. Had an hours wait in the police station for our turn at the desk. 5 minutes at the desk and 2 new bright and shiny Certificados de Residencia in our sticky mitts.:jumping:

We also took along the Volante de Empadronamiento, which they used to confirm the address, but didn´t keep a copy.

curlytop
15-06-2011, 12:56
I have to renew my out of date Residencia and I'm not sure what the process is nowadays:confused::confused:. Can anyone who has recently renewed theirs advise me please?

MrsTT
15-06-2011, 13:43
I have moved your post into the right section and if you read through the posts above you will find out how to do it. We did ours a couple of weeks ago - it works!!

chifleta
15-06-2011, 14:02
long gone are the days of having to go to Santa Cruz and wait for hours on end, then wait for a few months to finally get your residecia card.... and though i prefer the old "tarjeta" de residencia, at least with this residency certificate, it's permanent, so we don't have to renew it every 5 years... well, untill they change the rules again...

tabbygirl
17-06-2011, 08:03
my husband and i are going to tenerife for 5 months during the winter. what is a green residenia card? is it worth applying for one? where do i get one?
what is N.I.E? do we need one.

Chayofa Tete
17-06-2011, 08:16
I can answer on the NIE only,to open a bank account own a property etc you must have an NIE number which identifies you as a foreign national,someone will come along shortly to give you the lowdown on the resindencia I am sure

Mutley
17-06-2011, 08:17
The green residencia certiicate is only for permanent residents, think its 6 months you are supposed to be here before you apply. The NIE is like an identification number that you need to use if you buy a car, house, etc....

cinnamon
17-06-2011, 08:57
the NIE and the green certificate of registro is a legal requirement now for anyone staying over 3 months. you can obtain both in one go here at the local police station. all you need is the application form Ex16, Modelo 790 paid upfront ( which you get at the police station as well, the fee of 19.20 euros you pay at any bank) , 1 passport type photo, a copy and your original passport. in case you have any further help or need assistance once here, just send me a pm.

MrsTT
17-06-2011, 10:03
my husband and i are going to tenerife for 5 months during the winter. what is a green residenia card? is it worth applying for one? where do i get one?

I have merged your thread with an existing one on the same subject.

Please have a read through some of the previous posts and you may find the answer you are looking for.

:)

cannon
20-06-2011, 10:02
Couple of question i hope someone maybe able to answer.
firstly is the process the same as this when you are applying for a certificado de registro for the first time or is it a different process if so can someone point me in the right direction.
Also can i assume that you can only go to do this monday-friday?
???

Jackie
20-06-2011, 10:13
Couple of question i hope someone maybe able to answer.
firstly is the process the same as this when you are applying for a certificado de registro for the first time or is it a different process if so can someone point me in the right direction.
Also can i assume that you can only go to do this monday-friday?
???

Yes on both counts. Just read post number one and it explains everything you need to do

9PLUS
20-06-2011, 10:27

Thats depends on whether you are going to work or not, just a Holiday is it?

chifleta
20-06-2011, 17:08
the fee of 19.20 euros you pay at any bank

wow, that's gone up quite a bit!!! glad i've got a permanent residencia/NIE (until they decide to make us get the cards with photos again) ... :eek:

tabbygirl
20-06-2011, 18:27
Thats depends on whether you are going to work or not, just a Holiday is it?
we are retired so are going to avoid the winters. we are wondering what we would need it for and do we have to have it. really appreciate the help given on this forum. we intend to have a few mini breaks hoping to go to la gamora and puerta de la cruz

9PLUS
20-06-2011, 19:56
we are retired so are going to avoid the winters. we are wondering what we would need it for and do we have to have it. really appreciate the help given on this forum. we intend to have a few mini breaks hoping to go to la gamora and puerta de la cruz

Holiday makers for a 5 months wouldnt need to bother

rotchie
26-06-2011, 18:09
Mrs TT
A very usefull explanation; many thanks.
I have a question regarding how to enter my address on the form
I live in a residential complex consisting 5 seperate blocks A thro E, each block has 5 floors and 5/6 apartments per floor
For example, if I live in edificio C on floor 4 apartment 5, how do I enter this information onto the form, as there does not appear to be sufficient boxes for all of the data? Your help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Rotchie

curlytop
28-06-2011, 13:57
Mrs TT
A very usefull explanation; many thanks.
I have a question regarding how to enter my address on the form
I live in a residential complex consisting 5 seperate blocks A thro E, each block has 5 floors and 5/6 apartments per floor
For example, if I live in edificio C on floor 4 apartment 5, how do I enter this information onto the form, as there does not appear to be sufficient boxes for all of the data? Your help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Rotchie

I have been to the :cop: shop and done IT this morning. Mrs TT's information was extremely helpful. I of course had to choose a busy day so the whole "experience" did take me a bit longer!!!!
In answer to your question rotchie, just put edificio C into the box "Domicilio en Espana", add your apartmnet number in the box "No." and your floor in the box "piso". Tbh mine wasn't completed perfectly, but the guy never made any comment. Off to get my certificado para viajar a peninsular next - now that could be another fun day out!

rotchie
28-06-2011, 19:13
Crlytop
Many thanks for the reply. I assume I also enter the Calle in the same box as the edificio reference?
regards
Rotchie

Mrs V
29-06-2011, 12:14
Is anybody able to advise me what the process is for changing your name on your residencia certificate after getting married (marriage took place in the UK)?
I have been told that the first step is to change my name on my UK passport but wondered once I receive that back what is needed to change the name on my residencia certificate here in Tenerife.
Many Thanks

deucei
14-07-2011, 21:37
hello, i used to live in Spain and had a NIE number is it a different number in Tenerife completley??/ thanks

hazwaz
17-07-2011, 10:38
have moved to tenerife, me and 2 daughters need help where to get started!

I already have my nie and looking for work,
how do i get residentia, social security no, schools etc!
i am working on my spanish but is very poor, living los cristianos - will police station people for residentia speak english?

thanks

junglejim
17-07-2011, 11:30
have moved to tenerife, me and 2 daughters need help where to get started!

I already have my nie and looking for work,
how do i get residentia, social security no, schools etc!
i am working on my spanish but is very poor, living los cristianos - will police station people for residentia speak english?

thanks
Welcome to Forum , and Tenerife

Have e read through this thread , most info here

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions.&highlight=residencia

MrsTT
17-07-2011, 12:09
Welcome to the forum. You will find most of the info you need in this thread.

We often take a translator with us although our Spanish is improving. Seems it gives confidence all round, as we often find the people we are dealing with are more relaxed about trying out their English, and we are more relaxed about trying out our Spanish cos we know we have someone to come to our aid if we all get stuck!!

sabikeuk
17-07-2011, 14:59
the NIE and the green certificate of registro is a legal requirement now for anyone staying over 3 months. you can obtain both in one go here at the local police station. all you need is the application form Ex16, Modelo 790 paid upfront ( which you get at the police station as well, the fee of 19.20 euros you pay at any bank) , 1 passport type photo, a copy and your original passport. in case you have any further help or need assistance once here, just send me a pm.

Hi,
I planning to move to Tenerife on next year.

So do I understand it correctly that I just need to fill form EX16 to apply for "green" Residencia and Certificate of registro and NIE ? Do I need to live in Tenerife for over 3 months already or can I apply for immediately when I come to Tenerife?

Thank you,
Dan

doreen
17-07-2011, 15:08
hello, i used to live in Spain and had a NIE number is it a different number in Tenerife completley??/ thanks

This has slipped through without an answer ... the same NIE is valid in whatever part of Spain you live :)

MrsTT
17-07-2011, 15:56
I believe it can all be done immediately! :)

TenerifeTeddy
17-07-2011, 15:56
This has slipped through without an answer ... the same NIE is valid in whatever part of Spain you live :)

This was originally posted as a help ticket, and I answered it there.

sabikeuk
17-07-2011, 18:01
I believe it can all be done immediately! :)

So when I come to Tenerife, I can apply for Residencia and Certificate (and NIE) in one day and in the same day I will receive these?

I read somewhere that I need to wait 2-4 weeks for NIE....

Pooh
17-07-2011, 19:05
So when I come to Tenerife, I can apply for Residencia and Certificate (and NIE) in one day and in the same day I will receive these?

I read somewhere that I need to wait 2-4 weeks for NIE....

When applying for only NIE, it'll take a few days, but if applying for Residecia right away, you get them both , NIE number and green Residencia paper, immediately... Kind of backwards, but that's how it works.
You can do it all as soon as you arrive, no reason to wait.

mossy
12-09-2011, 12:59
Upddated info posted by Los Roques on 18/8/10 :

I went to get my "certificado registro residente" today - the "green paper" with the NIE on it - to replace my expiring Tarjeta Residencia (resident / id card). The information I found on the 'net - here and elsewhere - about what to do, what to put on the form, where to go and when and what to take was all a bit mixed up.

I got the EX-16 online from the MIR website (http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_16.pdf) and filled it in.

Here's what to put if you're a UK citizen replacing an expired Tarjeta Residencia Comunitario

Section 1:
NIE - your existing NIE, found on your tarjeta residencia or on the piece of paper you got from the police station all that time ago
1º apellido - Surname
Nombre - Forenames
Lugar de nacimiento - Place of birth, the town named on the photo page of your passport
Estado Civil - [S]oltero = single / [C]asado = married / [V]iduo = widowed / [D]ivorciado = divorced / [Sp]eparado = seperated
Domicilio en España = Your address in Spain, make sure you put your actual address, not a postal address if you have a PO box, for example
C./PL = Street name
Nº = House number
Piso = Apartment number
Tel = Telephone
CP = Post code
Periodo previsto de residencia en España = How long you intend to live in Spain. If you've moved here permanently put "PERMANENTEMENTE"
Fecha acredita de inicio de la residencia en España = when did your residence in Spain start

Leave section 2 blank.

In section 3, tick the first box, "Certificado Registro residente comunitario" and leave the rest blank.

In section 4 enter the name and address for letters to be sent. Should be the same as the address in section 1, but if you have post sent to a PO box or to work, put that address in here.

Sign and date and tick the "SI" box at the bottom - you agree for your information to be recorded in the identity register.

I got to the Police station in Las Americas at ten to eight in the morning and joined the queue. At 8am a woman and two policemen came out and started to direct people into the building. Some were given numbered tickets - these are for DNI applications, so you don't need one and it doesn't matter if they run out before you get to the front.

Go inside and turn right inside the door. There's a waiting area with seats facing an open area with the various service desks and an information desk on the right, the queue for which forms on the far right next to the windows. Join this queue, it moved quite quickly. When I got to the front I asked for a 790, the man at the counter glanced at the papers I had and gave me a 790. I confirmed with him that I simply had to return here again with the forms and the "paid" 790. A side note, I'd head several people in front of me asking where the nearest bank was.

I then headed off to a bank, as it turned out a La Caixa Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=las+americas&sll=28.12838,-16.585404&sspn=0.06381,0.102825&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Hospital+Sur,+38640+Arona,+Santa+Cruz+de+Ten erife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&ll=28.069197,-16.732304&spn=0.001995,0.003213&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.069298,-16.7323&panoid=GEatI-jTlQiwmK0pKprFoQ&cbp=12,95.37,,0,9.36) that was deserted so I was served instantly.

I headed back to the police station, walked straight up to the counter as there was no queue, showed the forms to the same man with the completed and stamped 790, and was given a turn number for desk A. There were 10 or so turns to go before my number. I noticed that people in front of me in the queue asking for directions to a bank earlier weren't there - either they were coming back later or found a queue at the bank they went to!

When my turn came I went to the desk and handed over the forms saying briefly why I was there. The man behind the desk spoke so-so- english to me (spanish was actually easier) and actually took:

1 x completed form
1 x passport-style photo
The modelo 790

The man specifically asked for my Tarjeta Residencia. I asked if I could keep it and he made it clear that it was obligatory to return it once it has expired, and that failure to do so and continuing to use it once expired can lead to a fine.

He printed my certificate there and then, stamped it, handed it to me and that was it! All done.

There's no harm in taking extra copies of everything. I had extra copies of the form, my passport, my original NIE document and spare passport-style photos. They weren't asked for, but you never know.

I would say that you don't need to be at the police station at 8am for this, in fact turning up at 8:15 or so is probably better as there's no queue to get your 790. You could turn up pretty much any time that the office is open, though obviously this may have an effect on how long you wait for your turn at the desk. You could even go, collect your 790 one day, return another day with the completed 790 and forms.

Everybody was friendly, but then a smile and a quick "buen día" goes miles. Don't forget, these people have their off days just like we do....

Thanks for the info,but does this apply to new residencia applicants or do we have to put more details in section 2 and 3 and also do minors have to have their own ex16 filled in or included in the parents form?Thanks for your patients.

Pooh
12-09-2011, 14:18
Thanks for the info,but does this apply to new residencia applicants or do we have to put more details in section 2 and 3 and also do minors have to have their own ex16 filled in or included in the parents form?Thanks for your patients.

That's the procedure for new applicants, nothing else in section 2 or 3, and yes, children needs to have their own forms filled in.

mossy
12-09-2011, 16:54
That's the procedure for new applicants, nothing else in section 2 or 3, and yes, children needs to have their own forms filled in.

Great thanks Pooh

Dandy Don
02-10-2011, 19:29
I own a property, have a bank account etc so must have an NIE but I don't have a certificate or card.

Is my NIE a letter followed by 7digits and a letter?
I've seen this on various bits of paperwork.

Thanks for any help.

Greg
02-10-2011, 19:32
yep, that's the one.

Dandy Don
02-10-2011, 19:37
yep, that's the one.

Cheers, I presumed it was.

Do I need/get a certificate or card and do I require anything else?

Thanks.

imablue
02-10-2011, 20:02
loads of photo copies...:)
check with your estate agent or better still the Notary with concerns about NIE number...
they should have records .....

sarah84
09-10-2011, 11:05
Hiya

I've got to get my residencia this week and thought I'd look on here for some advice.

When I went to the police station a couple of weeks ago to pick up the forms they gave me EX18 but have now read on here that it's a EX16 that I need, doe anyone know where I can download a new form or do I have to go back to the police station?

Thanks

obs
09-10-2011, 13:54
Hi sarah, the modelo can be found here .....

http://www.mpt.gob.es/servicios/extranjeria/modelos_oficiales_solicitudes.html

Good luck, it's quite simple really. :)

Sputnikspouse
27-10-2011, 20:05
Hi have just arrived and we are in Puerto de la cruz, does anyone know if the NIE plus residencia can be done at any police station here or do we have to go to a specific one? I am also wondering if it is ok to do the application while we are living in a local hotel as we have still to find permanent accommodation thank you for your help

mossy
28-10-2011, 08:35
Hi have just arrived and we are in Puerto de la cruz, does anyone know if the NIE plus residencia can be done at any police station here or do we have to go to a specific one? I am also wondering if it is ok to do the application while we are living in a local hotel as we have still to find permanent accommodation thank you for your help

One of the forms is proof of address ie rental contract,i don't know if a hotel reservation is accepted.

Megaloo
28-10-2011, 08:52
One of the forms is proof of address ie rental contract,i don't know if a hotel reservation is accepted.

I am also not sure about the address, but you go to the Police Station in Puerto if you live in Puerto.

Sputnikspouse
28-10-2011, 09:36
its just that I wasent aware you needed a rental agreement for the NIE and certificado registo (green paper) can anyone veryfy if this is true

timmylish
28-10-2011, 15:09
Just think exactly what you are applying for and it will make more sense. ie. Residencia = a resident of this part of Spain but entitlement to reside in Spain, in general. So, to establish this you surely have to show a permanent place of residence so that the Police may call and interview you in you place of residence! Under the present legislation here in Spain you must provide a contract of renting of a place to reside.
Don,t think I can make it any clearer.

Goldenmaniac
28-10-2011, 15:45
This is the address:

Comisaría De Policía

Avenida Jose Maria Del Campo Llar, S/N

PUERTO DE LA CRUZ

38400 PUERTO DE LA CRUZ Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Teléfono: 922 37 12 64

Call in and pick up the forms
In the southern police station to get your Certificado de Residencia or an NIE - YOU DO NOT NEED PROOF OF ADDRESS they accept what you tell them - you will need proof for a certificado de empadronamiento which is the normally accepted proof of address document and is obtainable from your town hall - HOWEVER they have always done things slightly differently in Puerto and it is some months since I have transacted business there myself so as I said pop in and check out exactly what they require.
here are the BASIC requirements which are common to all the extranjerias
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia
For those of you that have done this before the reference numbers of the application forms have changed recently and are now EX 15 and EX 18 the format is a bit more modern looking but the information required is the same.

Sputnikspouse
28-10-2011, 22:51
Thank you so much for your kind reply Goldenmaniac that is just what I needed to know, as I understand it I should be able to do the residentia and NIE all in one without a permanent address (that will help me get the ball rolling) Then I will need proof of permanent address for the empadronmiento (have I got that right?) I also have to do a third thing something from the tax office I believe so that I can obtain my household shipment when it arrives in a few weeks time

Brian
29-10-2011, 19:34
Thank you so much for your kind reply Goldenmaniac that is just what I needed to know, as I understand it I should be able to do the residentia and NIE all in one without a permanent address (that will help me get the ball rolling) Then I will need proof of permanent address for the empadronmiento (have I got that right?) I also have to do a third thing something from the tax office I believe so that I can obtain my household shipment when it arrives in a few weeks time

One thing to bear in mind unless it has changed since last year, the town hall in Puerto will take 10 working days to process your empadronmiento application.

Sputnikspouse
30-10-2011, 12:23
wow 10 days a long time! so do I have to have it done in Puerto then or can i go somewhere else?

Brian
30-10-2011, 18:04
wow 10 days a long time! so do I have to have it done in Puerto then or can i go somewhere else?

If you intend to live in Puerto, then it will have to be in Puerto Town Hall.

sazzle
16-11-2011, 19:39
For those of you that have done this before the reference numbers of the application forms have changed recently and are now EX 15 and EX 18 the format is a bit more modern looking but the information required is the same.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a pain, but is it the EX 15 or the EX 18 that I need to fill in to renew my old residencia when it has expired?

Goldenmaniac
16-11-2011, 20:06
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a pain, but is it the EX 15 or the EX 18 that I need to fill in to renew my old residencia when it has expired?

EX 18 - but don't forget you still need to pay your tasas which is on a carbonised form in any bank and not downloadable, so pop into the information desk at the Comisaria and they will give you the blank forms you need

Sputnikspouse
16-11-2011, 23:52
Other than alowing me to bring my furniture into the country what else do I need to have the empadronmiento for?

San Miguel
17-11-2011, 09:36
Does it have to be the Las Americas police station?? If you for example have a nearer police station like San Miguel can you use that??

Alex
18-11-2011, 00:32
Hi everyone,
Just joined this excellent forum. Here is my first post (and sorry for starting with a question! :) )

We are staying in Tenerife for 5 months. I needed a local bank account to get contract broadband, so my wife and I applied for NIE numbers and received the green "certificado de registro" which as I understand means we also have Spanish residency. In a couple of months we will be going back home, so at that point we would like to give up our Spanish residency (just to make sure that we don't have to report our worldwide income and possibly be liable for taxes here in Spain). How do we give up Spanish residency and is there such a thing as unregistering from the Registro? Has anyone done this? It seems that everyone is only registering there.. :)

Goldenmaniac
19-11-2011, 12:21
Does it have to be the Las Americas police station?? If you for example have a nearer police station like San Miguel can you use that??

You have to go to the "Extranjeria" which covers the cachement area of where you live. The one for the south of the island is located in the National Police Station at Las Américas.
There are others in Puerto de La Cruz, Santa Cruz and La Laguna

The Police Station in San Miguel is part of the Local Police Force - they do not deal with immigration matters.

Hi everyone,
Just joined this excellent forum. Here is my first post (and sorry for starting with a question! :) )

We are staying in Tenerife for 5 months. I needed a local bank account to get contract broadband, so my wife and I applied for NIE numbers and received the green "certificado de registro" which as I understand means we also have Spanish residency. In a couple of months we will be going back home, so at that point we would like to give up our Spanish residency (just to make sure that we don't have to report our worldwide income and possibly be liable for taxes here in Spain). How do we give up Spanish residency and is there such a thing as unregistering from the Registro? Has anyone done this? It seems that everyone is only registering there.. :)

The Green Paper is only Residency for immigration purposes unless you registered with the Hacienda and did a Spanish Tax return, but from what you have told me you never did have Spanish Fiscal Residency, the two are completely independent see here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

However if you wish to do things correctly when you return to the UK (For good) you "Baja" de-register your green certificate at the same place you obtained it.

The form number has changed since you applied it is now EX18 but if you go to the information desk the will give you the forms needed.
Ask for "Baja del Certificado de Registro de Comunitario"
The form is virtually the same (you just tick the baja box) and it will cost you 10 euros 20 cents to do it - they will take your green certificate away. Your NIE number stays with you for life, but if at any point in the future your circumstances change you can apply for a white (non-resident's) NIE form to transact any business you need to do at the time, or if you come back for a long period again you can re apply for the green form

Sputnikspouse
19-11-2011, 12:52
Can anyone please enlighten me? Other than alowing me to bring my furniture into the country what else do I need to have the empadronmiento for I am wondering if we need it for such things as registing with nhs Doctorr etc. thanks

Loaded
20-11-2011, 16:42
I need to get my friend an nie nubmer what do I need these days?=

Sputnikspouse
20-11-2011, 18:46
If you read back just a few pages on this topic here, you will see exactly what is required for your friends NIE application, I have just done it with the helpful advice given from goldenmaniac on this forum and it was very easy and just the way she described it. good luck

andydebbie
23-11-2011, 22:54
Many thanks for all the very useful information in this particular forum. We think that we have now got all we need and understand the procedure for applying for our NIE.

Grateful if someone could let me know the address of the National Police Station in Playa De Las Americas, this assumes that this is the correct port of call for someone living on Golf del Sur.

Thanks in advance.

Clicker
18-12-2011, 22:05
I only have a holiday apartment in Tenerife and am not resident but of course I have an NIE certificate ( issued about 11yrs ago) do I need to get an updated NIE certificate
Thanks in anticipation .

Sputnikspouse
19-12-2011, 01:02
No not to my knowledge you dont have to update as an NIE number stays with you forever, its just like the Nat ins number you have for the UK
Regards

londonjimmy
19-12-2011, 02:38
Are we sure that for a new resident it is not the EX-18 Form now?

http://www.mir.es/modelos-de-solicitud-37/extranjeria-342

Added after 10 Hours 50 minutes:

Can anyone shed any light on this. To me the EX18 Forms looks more like what is described by the Opening Poster on this thread, whereas the EX16 Form doesnt even seem to ask about when you arrived in spain or how long you intend to stay etc.

Also, am I too late to head to the Police Station now?

Thanks
James

londonjimmy
19-12-2011, 21:34
Hi Everyone,

I need to go get my Residencia/NIE tommorrow and have had a bit of difficulty in which form to fill in. I have been told today that filling out the EX16 form for Residencia for a newcomer is no longer since September, and it should now be the EX18 form that is filled out. Can anyone confirm this as I would like to fill in the form before I go tomorrow.

Many Thanks
James

Ps. Looking forward to meeting you all at the christmas party tommorrow!!

Added after 5 minutes:

How did my individual post get merged with this thread.....?????????

cainaries
19-12-2011, 22:38
We have to do ours tomorrow and when I downloaded EX18 (I think EX16 is to get discounted travel as a resident) some of the form has printed out in yellow and it seems you need to know if you want PAS or NIF and I have no idea what those are so we are just going to go to the office without the form.

primrose
19-12-2011, 23:05
We have to do ours tomorrow and when I downloaded EX18 (I think EX16 is to get discounted travel as a resident) some of the form has printed out in yellow and it seems you need to know if you want PAS or NIF and I have no idea what those are so we are just going to go to the office without the form.

Did ours last week, it was the EX16 we had to fill in and that covered NIE and Residencia, had to take copy of passport, 2 passport size photos and also had to pay 19 Euros 18 cents into bank before we went to Police Station.

timmylish
20-12-2011, 00:51

The PAS is if you use your Passport as an ID or whether you use your NIE (NIF is the Spanish equivalent of NIE). Example when using a bank and they ask you which you will be using as ID.

londonjimmy
20-12-2011, 01:03
Have downloaded EX16 and have started to complete this. It is obvious that either the form and sections have been updated or MrsTT was filling out EX18?

Here is where you can download from http://www.mir.es/modelos-de-solicitud-37/extranjeria-342
Use google chrome as it is an excellent browser to translate pages as your browsing.

Anyways, I will report back tomorrow as I am heading to station at Las Americas early!

James

A.P.&.S.S
20-12-2011, 01:11
Have downloaded EX16 and have started to complete this. It is obvious that either the form and sections have been updated or MrsTT was filling out EX18?

Here is where you can download from http://www.mir.es/modelos-de-solicitud-37/extranjeria-342
Use google chrome as it is an excellent browser to translate pages as your browsing.

Anyways, I will report back tomorrow as I am heading to station at Las Americas early!

James

Meant to say earlier in reply to your question James....The whole thing took me about 2hrs from start to finish, inc the bank, police station etc!!!! Theres your target to beat? lol.....let us know how you go?! Mike

londonjimmy
20-12-2011, 03:19
I've actually just filled out EX18 as well cos I am completely and utterly confused.

For newcomers to Tenerife planning to stay for more than 3 months and who need both NIE and Residencia I believe only EX18 needs to be filled in, but alas, i suppose I wont know until tomorrow.

NIE itself - EX15

EX16 - havent a clue...

I will update the full process tomorrow to make everyone clear (for newcomers to Tenerife without NIE previously or Residencia)

Thanks
James

cainaries
20-12-2011, 09:57
The PAS is if you use your Passport as an ID or whether you use your NIE (NIF is the Spanish equivalent of NIE). Example when using a bank and they ask you which you will be using as ID.
Thanks very much. One of the many things in life which was obvious except to me!

Sputnikspouse
20-12-2011, 16:27
Sorry guys not been able to get onto computer the past couple of days The form you need for residence is the EX 18 it also includes an NIE number which is given to you at the same time
If you are on the north you just a photocopy and your original passport is needed if in the south you need that plus a passport size photgraph

deano
06-01-2012, 21:44
hi, i have my NIE, social and a contract from work, does anyone know the exact paperwork needed for a new residencia and also how much?
ive looked at previous posts but lots of conflicting reports.
i believe its the EX18 form needed too, i dont have a valid empadronamiento.

thanks in advance

garlicbread
06-01-2012, 23:23
You'll find all the info you need here

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions.&highlight=certificado

garlicbread
06-01-2012, 23:24
You'll find all the info you need here

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions.&highlight=certificado

deano
07-01-2012, 10:27
londonjimmy how did you get on?

deano
11-01-2012, 22:37
im back from doing my residencia today, and its so easy to do, you will need.................
the application form EX18 filled out, the payment form 790 and goto the bank and pay €10.20,
your passport and photocopy of your passport, and 1 passport size photo, although i forgot to take my photo but it was never asked for (you can use a smaller photo if you want), go into the national police station entrance turn right and go upto the information desk which is on the right and tell them you want your residencia and you have all documents needed, they will then give you a number, you then go take a seat and wait for your number to be called. i got there at 1040am and was out at 1105am, the actual process at the desk takes literally 5 minutes, the rest is waiting time.

deano
11-01-2012, 22:38
im back from doing my residencia today, and its so easy to do, you will need.................
the application form EX18 filled out, the payment form 790 and goto the bank and pay €10.20,
your passport and photocopy of your passport, and 1 passport size photo, although i forgot to take my photo but it was never asked for (you can use a smaller photo if you want), go into the national police station entrance turn right and go upto the information desk which is on the right and tell them you want your residencia and you have all documents needed, they will then give you a number, you then go take a seat and wait for your number to be called. i got there at 1040am and was out at 1105am, the actual process at the desk takes literally 5 minutes, the rest is waiting time.

Dave Social
13-01-2012, 03:10
Thanks for the last posting deano. Great news to hear its not a long drawn out job when me and the wife get over there and apply for residencia. Thanks for the info.

Added after 2 minutes:

Deano, did you go to the. Bank and pay first or police station first?

obs
13-01-2012, 07:11
That's the crazy part about it Dave, you have to go to the police station first, to get the form, then go to the bank and pay, then back to the police station to complete the formalities.

Dave Social
13-01-2012, 09:27
Well good thing is its taken some worry away from us about the process. You guys have made this process easy to understand as other posts not just on here but also on other sites say so many different things, making it very confusing for first timers. This is a fab forum! Cheers

Goldenmaniac
13-01-2012, 15:40
Well good thing is its taken some worry away from us about the process. You guys have made this process easy to understand as other posts not just on here but also on other sites say so many different things, making it very confusing for first timers. This is a fab forum! Cheers
I think the reason you see varying info is that the procedure changes for a pass-time, I've been doing this for years and when I thought about what you said I reckoned up that just in my time here there have been 19 changes of procedure and/or format of document and/or application form - 20 years ago things were only done in Santa Cruz for example whereas of course today you can do things more locally.
The point is that people who tell you their experiences are not trying to mislead you, they probably aren't aware that things have changed, so always have a look at the date of info you find on here or other sources.

primrose
13-01-2012, 17:09
Now I am confused, We Paid our money into the Bank with the Modelo 790 on the 1st of December and we were charged 19 Euros 18cents each and we also used the form X16.

Goldenmaniac
13-01-2012, 17:50
I expect because you didn't already have an NIE number - Deano obviously did he paid 10,20, you paid 10,00 (last year a few cents different) plus 9,18 for a NIE.
You may well have used the old EX16 form because you downloaded it?? But It has changed to the new style EX18 for a residencia.

I also guess the Policeman wasn't unduly worried because the info is virtually in the same order as before, although the Foreign office website no longer lets you down load the old style ones.

TheBigBenners
24-01-2012, 19:30

Section 1:
1º apellido - Surname
Nombre - Forenames
C./PL = Street name
Nº = House number
Piso = Apartment number
Tel = Telephone
CP = Post code

Leave section 2 blank.

1 x completed form
1 x passport-style photo
The modelo 790

Hi, I need to renew my residencia since my Tarjeta has expired. Does this very well detailed process still apply? Thanks.

TheBigBenners
25-01-2012, 22:28
I need to renew my residencia - I currently have the old 'Tarjeta'. Is the process still the same as is so well detailed in the 1st posting of this thread.... or have they decided to change it again???? Thanks in advance for the advice.

imablue
25-01-2012, 22:51
my partner is in the process of re-newing her old style residencia...we got the ex16 form and the modelo (€10.20).... form filled in ready for the bank on friday then hopefully up to the police station and get the new Residencia ....

duracell290
25-01-2012, 22:51
Its exactly as it says in the 1st thread. Got my forms today, ex18 and 790 from the cop shop in Adeje. Filled them in today went to bank paid the 19.38 and will be in cop shop tomorrow to hand them in. Easy peasy.

imablue
04-02-2012, 18:53
We went to the police station yesterday...it was very busy ....we decided to stay,seeing as we were there.....
all that was posted prior to this post was correct..we waited in a queue for 20 mins ..got our number A 52 .sat down for 1 hour 20 mins and eventually got to the desk of the man who in 5 minutes gave "P" her re-newed card .. so in all (for those of you that took any notice) it was all done in 1 hour 45 mins ...

siliconephil
04-02-2012, 19:49
Have they started giving the cards out again? I can't wait to get rid of that silly piece of paper.

Goldenmaniac
05-02-2012, 10:15
We went to the police station yesterday...it was very busy ....we decided to stay,seeing as we were there.....
all that was posted prior to this post was correct..we waited in a queue for 20 mins ..got our number A 52 .sat down for 1 hour 20 mins and eventually got to the desk of the man who in 5 minutes gave "P" her re-newed card .. so in all (for those of you that took any notice) it was all done in 1 hour 45 mins ...

How strange - you went Friday? I was there too - we arrived at 8am and got number A82 which was actually the second person as they carried on from before the bank holiday, they started at 9 and we were out by 10 past, so I guess you must not have arrived until much later in the morning.

Have they started giving the cards out again? I can't wait to get rid of that silly piece of paper.
It's been mentioned elsewhere I think, but since November last they have been issuing a card sized piece of green paper with plastic backing on one side its printed on A4 and then the card sized bit is popped out folded and given to the recipient - still no photo on it unfortunately so no good as ID but much more convenient to put in a wallet or purse. The only problem is because it's relatively new places like the cable car on Teide don't know that its genuine and so didn't give discount - that ones going through a complaint procedure!
There's a picture of the new style green card here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencecertificategreencard

imablue
05-02-2012, 11:27
Don,t know if Friday is/was a good choice of day to go ...we went in at 11.05 and walked back out at 12.45.....

casa calina
07-02-2012, 13:20
Hi

Does anyone know the cost of a New Residencia, I have the forms but there is no cost on them.

Also can I take them to any Police Station or has it got to be the one in Las Americas.

Thank you

imablue
07-02-2012, 13:55
the cost is €10.20 for a residencia and as far as i know the same for re-newing an old residencia (well it was last Friday)... if you require NIE number then the cost is different.....

Added after 2 minutes:

and yes you need to go to Las Americas ... I think choose a different day than a Friday it was very busy Friday just gone ....

Goldenmaniac
11-02-2012, 19:30
I was there with Clients yesterday (Friday 10th) and there was hardly a soul there at 8.30 - I don't think you can really say one day of the week is busier than another, although its a good idea to avoid the days after bank holiday closures if you can

fonica
17-02-2012, 11:59
As from this week you will need to take a Certificado de Empadronamiento when you apply for a residencia.The new residencia cards only last for 5 years and do not have photo ID,so you will still have to use tham together with a passport. I have a green certificate (extranjero registration cert) which I was told was open ended but which now has to be renewed every 5 years. 10.20 Euros is the cost and the police station was empty!!!!

chifleta
17-02-2012, 15:46
so is it still a green A4 sheet of paper? or is it a "card" ?¿?¿

fonica
17-02-2012, 15:52
It´s a card which is now part of the green A4 sheet.The police tear off the card and they keep the rest of the green sheet.However by next week it could all be different!!

so is it still a green A4 sheet of paper? or is it a "card" ?¿?¿

chifleta
17-02-2012, 16:14
very true.... i think i'll just stick with what i've got until I need to change it :)

Foz
23-02-2012, 12:56
Everyone seems to mention going to the police station in the morning. Is that the only time you can go? What are the opening times?

fonica
23-02-2012, 14:08
Everyone seems to mention going to the police station in the morning. Is that the only time you can go? What are the opening times?
9.00 - 14.00 You can go in from 8.30 to get a number of to collect application forms.

Goldenmaniac
24-02-2012, 11:57
Important Change to Residencia (green card sized certificate)

All change!!!
From Monday this week 20 Feb 2012 you are now required once again to bring an in date certificate of Empadronamiento (obtainable from your Townhall) when applying for or renewing your EU citizen's certificate of residencia.

Also please note(government processing fees) Tasas will go up slightly in March but I do not yet have the figures.

sandra
06-03-2012, 17:17
Hi I have the big horrible green residencia paper. But a person who works with me has just been to renew her residencia from the old card type and she was given a small green card.

Do I have to apply again or just go to the police station and ask for a small card.

Sandra xx

dotty1
06-03-2012, 17:49
Hi I have the big horrible green residencia paper. But a person who works with me has just been to renew her residencia from the old card type and she was given a small green card.

Do I have to apply again or just go to the police station and ask for a small card.

Sandra xx
No I think you will find that!s OK for now,no need to change as yet

Megaloo
07-03-2012, 19:31
Important Change to Residencia (green card sized certificate)

All change!!!
From Monday this week 20 Feb 2012 you are now required once again to bring an in date certificate of Empadronamiento (obtainable from your Townhall) when applying for or renewing your EU citizen's certificate of residencia.

Also please note(government processing fees) Tasas will go up slightly in March but I do not yet have the figures.

Hi Friend of mine have moved so need to change their address on their Residencia do they need to take the Certificate of Empadrinamiento and also fill the X18 form they live in Puerto de la Cruz to enable them to do this. thanks

Goldenmaniac
08-03-2012, 13:09
Hi Friend of mine have moved so need to change their address on their Residencia do they need to take the Certificate of Empadrinamiento and also fill the X18 form they live in Puerto de la Cruz to enable them to do this. thanks Havn't been up to Puerto for some months so can't say categorically - sometimes the Comisaria in the south are a law unto themselves - the info on the government website doen't mention an empadronamiento http://extranjeros.meyss.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/CiudadanosComunitarios/index.html bu they definitely want it in Las Américas - let everyone know if you find out.

Goldenmaniac
08-03-2012, 13:24
The only way you can change is if you lose or have your A4 paper stolen and then you have to do a Police report to take with you (1)
OR if the A4 sheet is so dilapidated that its falling apart and is illegible(2)
OR you made your first application under 5 years ago and after 5 years want to apply for Permanent residency status having completed 5 legal years here(3)
OR You have changed your address or personal details eg married name(4)
in any of the cases you have to do the normal application form Ex18 pay your Tasa 10,20 (Mar2012) and have an Empadronamiento showing your current address the application form is the same as when you applied before the boxes you tick are different -
(1)□Otros………………..……………………………………………………………………..…………… ..(especificar)
(2) □ Otros………………..……………………………………………………………………..……………..(e specificar)
(3) RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE -Residencia continuada en España durante 5 años
(4)MODIFICACIÓN

Megaloo
08-03-2012, 13:36
Havn't been up to Puerto for some months so can't say categorically - sometimes the Comisaria in the south are a law unto themselves - the info on the government website doen't mention an empadronamiento http://extranjeros.meyss.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/CiudadanosComunitarios/index.html bu they definitely want it in Las Américas - let everyone know if you find out.

Thanks I will they are going to do it soon, but have been busy moving.

Sputnikspouse
08-03-2012, 17:19
We did ours a couple of months ago in Puerto de la cruz the residence didnt ask for or require us to have empadromento. We have since done the empadromento as we needed to have it to allow us to collect our shipment of furniture when it arrived I hope this helps

fonica
08-03-2012, 22:27
We did ours a couple of months ago in Puerto de la cruz the residence didnt ask for or require us to have empadromento. We have since done the empadromento as we needed to have it to allow us to collect our shipment of furniture when it arrived I hope this helps You didn't need an empadronamiento two months ago,it's a recent change.

MummyJ
08-03-2012, 22:55
i got my residencia 8th feb and i wasnt asked to go to the town hall or anything either, we had ticked permante and they never asked us anything so unsure what i do now, i got the little green card thing which just says the date 8/2/2012, no expiry or anything

Sputnikspouse
08-03-2012, 23:17
Well if things have changed since I got my residence a couple of months ago in Puerto de la cruz then the person asking about it will have to go to the town hall here in Puerto and fill out the form to get an empadronmiento I did that and had to go back to collect it a week later that seems to be the normal wait time for empadronmiento here in Puerto and you need one for each family member....hope this helps....by the way I got an A4 size sheet for my residence with no expirey date on it

fonica
09-03-2012, 10:04
Well if things have changed since I got my residence a couple of months ago in Puerto de la cruz then the person asking about it will have to go to the town hall here in Puerto and fill out the form to get an empadronmiento I did that and had to go back to collect it a week later that seems to be the normal wait time for empadronmiento here in Puerto and you need one for each family member....hope this helps....by the way I got an A4 size sheet for my residence with no expirey date on it
The "lifetime residencias" (A4 green sheet) now expire after 5 years according to the policemen in Adeje.(The same policeman who told me that my last residencia was forever. The very latest residencia is a green card that is detached from the green A4 sheet with the police keeping the rest of the form.However it could all change by next week.

Sputnikspouse
09-03-2012, 13:41
You say the A4 size sheet residencia was issued as a lifetime one which is what I believed ours to be as it has no expirey date, my question is how then are people supposed to know that things have now changed and they are only valid 5 years nobody has informed us, fair enough I have read it here on the forum but most immigrants dont read forums.

fonica
09-03-2012, 14:27
You say the A4 size sheet residencia was issued as a lifetime one which is what I believed ours to be as it has no expirey date, my question is how then are people supposed to know that things have now changed and they are only valid 5 years nobody has informed us, fair enough I have read it here on the forum but most immigrants dont read forums. When I put this very question to the nice policeman I got the Spanish shrug and a ___pues,hay que saber.( well one should know) So in answer to the question,nobody knows but we SHOULD know.

Sputnikspouse
09-03-2012, 14:36
Ha Ha I so like it

fonica
09-03-2012, 17:29
Ha Ha I so like it Me too,it's all part of the fun!!! Don't forget that even with a residencia if you don't do a tax declaraition here you are not a fiscal resident so will still be liable for some non resident taxes.

Sputnikspouse
09-03-2012, 18:19
We registered with the tax at least I think we did! Had to register to get sheets of bar codes, customs required them to get my furniture into the country, so I think that would be the tax people and I did it for all of us at the same time just incase

peterg
23-03-2012, 11:41
A word of warning about the Residencia for those of us who are here more than three months but less than six months per year.

Having read these very useful posts, and other info, I thought that I had sussed out that if one is here more than three months, it is obligatory to register as Resident, and to be given the "Papel Verde", but if one was here for more than SIX months, one would also be considered a Fiscal Resident - ie liable for Spanish taxes. So I downloaded the form, did it all, attended the Police Station here in Peurto, all painless as promised, back in Nov 2010. No problems so far and chheaper entry into Loro Parque to boot! Then last month my Spanish bank made their normal 25E charge for sending to the Ministry the "Non-Resident" certificate, then three weeeks later I get a phone call to say that my bank account was frozen (at least for payments in) until my status had been confirmed as either Resident or Non-resident.

It turns out that all I had been told was correct - strictly I am still a non-resident for fiscal purposes, but to PROVE that I am here less than six months, so as to retain my non-residency for tax and to keep my bank acount annd all other financial affairs non-resident, I have to attend the poloice station every time I arrive in Tenerife, and every time I leave. Too much hassle, especially as it takes a month for the information to get from the Police to the Ministry then to my bank. So unless anyone has a bettter idea, I am going to become a non-resident again and pretend I am here less than three months.

dixie4
16-04-2012, 02:47
I do not have residencia nor do I need one, but I do have a NIE which still shows my address in Salobrena on the mainland.
My question is what is the procedure for changing the address to my holiday home in Puerto de la Cruz?
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sputnikspouse
16-04-2012, 10:38
I am sorry I do not understand why would you want to change the address on you NIE to visit your holiday home here in Tenerife it will cause you problems when you return to the mainland and your permanent home

dixie4
16-04-2012, 16:53
I am sorry I do not understand why would you want to change the address on you NIE to visit your holiday home here in Tenerife it will cause you problems when you return to the mainland and your permanent home

I no longer have the place in Salobena as I inherited a place in North Tenerife and decided that the year round weather in Tenerife was better. My main home is in Wales UK.

Can anyone answer my question 'what is the procedure for changing my Spanish address on my NIE?'

dixie4
22-04-2012, 10:44
I did ask the question within another thread recently but never received a reply. I would appreciate some advice.

I have a current NIE number and A4 certificate. The registered address is attached to an address in Mainland Spain which is no longer owned/rented by me.

I now have an appartment in North Tenerife for holiday use which I inherited from my family.

My questions are: what is the procedure of registering my new address, what paperwork will I require and more importantly where do I apply?

Any help would be much appreciated.

sunseeker
22-04-2012, 11:01
i remember reading replies answering this in your other thread.

dixie4
22-04-2012, 11:12
i remember reading replies answering this in your other thread.

Could you point me in the right direction, I never saw any replies to my questions?

dixie4
22-04-2012, 11:43
if you want your NIE changed just go to the NATIONAL police station down by the sea front same with your ´green form´´ and you will get one of the new popup credit card size ones in return .. or go to

Garcia Hernandez Sigfredo
C Perez Zamora, 48 Edif Adasa
Puerto De La Cruz Santa Cruz De Tenerife
Phone: 922387100 689697824
Fax: 922375307

known as ´´fredie´´ speaks english ...

Thanks Satellite for the info I take it that is the Police station at Europa Square? I do not have a green card just a white A4 sheet. As my Spanish is not brilliant maybe contacting Fredie sounds a good idea.
Thanks again

KirstyJay
22-04-2012, 20:39
Could you point me in the right direction, I never saw any replies to my questions?You can find your posts and threads by clicking on your username at the top of the forum and selecting 'find latest threads' or 'find latest posts' to bring up all your posts or threads.

Here is a direct link : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1788&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

I will merge this thread with your other posts in the correct place on the forum.

TenerifePool
25-04-2012, 18:20
Changes announced today regarding residence in Spain for EU citizens staying more than 90 days.

EU citizens must demonstrate that they will not be a burden to the Spanish social healthcare system. Provisions for adequate healthcare must now be demonstrated by either:

Being employed or self employed.
Having adequate private healthcare.
Being in posession of a valid S1 from country of origin.
Being a student, studying in an authorised education centre.

grumps
25-04-2012, 18:28
Does that mean if i were to go back 2 the uk i get another 90 days...?

casabonny
04-05-2012, 12:08
There apparently have been changes to the rules ???I went today with a lady and was told you cannot now do this straight away.You have to present papers ( as normal) and wait 20 days and return to find out what other documents they require in order to complete !
I personally think these changes must have happened say from 1st May as when I asked what else it might be he didnt know .

I suspect , that it will now be reverting to something like the " old " rules where by you have to either have a work contract, be a pensioner and have income being received into a bank here, be self employed and proveable , be able to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself ( bank certification ) etc.This used to happen years ago and I suppose this would be a way of stopping people abusing the systems here for whatever reason.
If anyone knows any more on this please post , if no I will update after the 20 days has passed and I have duly returned to see.

casabonny
04-05-2012, 12:41
When we first applied for a residencia up north way back 15 years ago we had to get certificate from bank to prove income as we had not at that time completed the start up of our business.
I see though why cross checking re criminals would be likely , and if this is indeed the case I am well impressed withTenerife !

Goldenmaniac
04-05-2012, 17:45
There apparently have been changes to the rules ???I went today with a lady and was told you cannot now do this straight away.You have to present papers ( as normal) and wait 20 days and return to find out what other documents they require in order to complete !
I personally think these changes must have happened say from 1st May as when I asked what else it might be he didnt know .

I suspect , that it will now be reverting to something like the " old " rules where by you have to either have a work contract, be a pensioner and have income being received into a bank here, be self employed and proveable , be able to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself ( bank certification ) etc.This used to happen years ago and I suppose this would be a way of stopping people abusing the systems here for whatever reason.
If anyone knows any more on this please post , if no I will update after the 20 days has passed and I have duly returned to see.

Yes it came in on the 25 March see here Important changes to Applications for Residence registration for EU citizens http://www.diana-mcglone.com/ and here
http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea-718/estancia-y-residencia-722

I did put a post at the end of march but I can't find it now

Son trabajadores por cuenta ajena o por cuenta propia en España, o
Disponen, para sí y los miembros de su familia, de recursos suficientes para no convertirse en una carga para la asistencia social en España durante su período de residencia, así como de un seguro de enfermedad que cubra todos los riesgos en España, o
Están matriculados en un centro público o privado, reconocido o financiado por la administración educativa competente, con la finalidad principal de cursar estudios; y cuentan con un seguro de enfermedad que cubre todos los riesgos en España y garantizan que poseen recursos suficientes para sí y los miembros de su familia para no convertirse en una carga para la asistencia social del Estado español durante su período de residencia, o
Son miembros de la familia que acompañan o van a reunirse con un ciudadano de un Estado miembro de la Unión Europea o de otro Estado parte en el Acuerdo sobre el Espacio Económico Europeo que cumple las condiciones contempladas en alguno de los supuestos anteriores.

The reason they are saying 20 days is because the politicos jumped in before the beaurocrats had a chance to work out the details - ie what piece of paper will be acceptable for what set of circumstances. Employed or self employed is easy but pensioners would theoretically have to process an S1 for the Police when the Social security say the can't process it without a residencia ie catch 22 - i also have people stuck in the middle of all this!

fonica
07-05-2012, 11:57
People fro EC countries who are not pensioners and who do not work in Spain,now need a private health insurance policy when they apply for a residencia.

casabonny
07-05-2012, 14:54
People fro EC countries who are not pensioners and who do not work in Spain,now need a private health insurance policy when they apply for a residencia.

Just like the old days!It would be great though if they really went back and started actual cars again ,I can wish cant I ?

Goldenmaniac
09-05-2012, 17:32
This is basically reverting to what was in place up until 2007 - ie you had to prove you could support yourself either through working for an employer, being self employed had a pension or could prove sufficient private income streams. Back then private health cover was a pre-requisite if you were living off private means so no change there. What has changed is the wording which says

En lo que se refiere a medios económicos suficientes, no podrá establecerse un importe fijo, sino que habrá de tenerse en cuenta la situación personal de los nacionales de un Estado miembro de la Unión Europea o de otro Estado parte en el Acuerdo sobre el Espacio Económico Europeo. En cualquier caso, dicho importe no superará el nivel de recursos por debajo del cual se concede asistencia social a los españoles o el importe de la pensión mínima de Seguridad Social.

with regard to economic means, a fixed amount can not be set, but the personal situation of each national of a Member State of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Europe should be taken into account. In no case, shall this amount be less than the level of resources below which social assistance is granted to a Spanish National or the amount of a Spanish Social Security pension.

ie turning up with a contract to work 10 hours a week and earn 200 euros a month will not wash because if that is the only income it is not enough to support the person and /or their family.

I agree that renewals will most likely now be required for residence registrations 5 or longer years ago.

Goldenmaniac
09-05-2012, 17:58
so what about €400 a month is basic dole money
That is allowed - you posted the translation yourself I think - this is the relevent bit

Asimismo, el ciudadano de la Unión Europea o de otro Estado parte en el Acuerdo sobre el Espacio Económico Europeo que ya no ejerza ninguna actividad por cuenta ajena o por cuenta propia mantendrá la condición de trabajador por cuenta ajena o por cuenta propia en los siguientes casos:

Si sufre una incapacidad temporal resultante de una enfermedad o accidente;
Si, habiendo quedado en paro involuntario debidamente acreditado, tras haber estado empleado durante más de un año, se ha inscrito en el servicio de empleo competente con el fin de encontrar un trabajo;
Si, habiendo quedado en paro involuntario debidamente acreditado tras concluir un contrato de trabajo de duración determinada inferior a un año o habiendo quedado en paro involuntario durante los primeros doce meses, se ha inscrito en el servicio de empleo competente con el fin de encontrar un trabajo. En este caso, la condición de trabajador se mantendrá durante un período que no podrá ser inferior a seis meses;
Si sigue una formación profesional que guarde relación con su empleo previo, salvo que se encuentre en situación de paro involuntario.

Also, a citizen of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area who is no longer engaged in paid employment or self employment shall retain the status of worker or self employed person in the following cases :

If they have a temporary disability resulting from illness or accident;
If, having been in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after having been employed for over a year and have registered in the relevant employment office to find a job;
If, having been in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after completing a fixed-term employment of less than a year or after having become involuntarily unemployed during the first twelve months and have registered in the relevant employment office to find a job . In this case, the status of worker shall be maintained for a period of not less than six months;
If they follow professional training relevant to their previous job, unless in a situation of involuntary unemployment as above.

Goldenmaniac
09-05-2012, 18:11
yes but it that saying ´´ýou run out of dole money so now you have to leave
That's not how I read it

Also, a citizen of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area who is no longer engaged in paid employment or self employment shall retain the status of worker or self employed person in the following cases
ie you retain the status of worker/self employed referred to in the original requirement list
provided

Si, habiendo quedado en paro involuntario debidamente acreditado, tras haber estado empleado durante más de un año, se ha inscrito en el servicio de empleo competente con el fin de encontrar un trabajo;

You are properly registered as job seeking

My interpretation is if you have residencia through proper employment but then lose the employment through no fault of your own, you retain the status of "working" if you are legitimately registered as job seeking - which in itself may result in being required to work on social projects undertake re-training - particularly language courses if available for example as indeed Spanish national job seekers have to

Goldenmaniac
09-05-2012, 18:39
but this is EEA only people correct??

European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area as it says

Goldenmaniac
09-05-2012, 19:14
as normal i donr make myself clear -- what are the new rules for NON-EU people IE the Moroccans
That info is here http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/regimen-general-189/residencia-temporal-202 unless the Morrocan in question had a claim to Spanish Nationality for whatever reason in which case its a different case altogether - why the interest in Morrocans? :)

Contar con medios económicos suficientes para atender sus gastos de manutención y estancia y los de su familia, durante el período de tiempo por el que se desee residir en España y sin necesidad de desarrollar ninguna actividad laboral o profesional.
Contar con un seguro público o un seguro privado de enfermedad concertado con una Entidad aseguradora autorizada para operar en España.

But then they and other Non Spanish Non EU have always had to show visible means of support.

Goldenmaniac
10-05-2012, 15:00
Update 10 MAY 2012

Went to the Extranjería this morning and obtained brand new NIE numbers for Non residents in order to buy a property - the layout has lost "the expires in 3 months wording" and has been replaced with "the present document is issued for the purpose of economic use"

Still no news on residencias officers know no more than we do, waiting for an edict from Madrid.

cainaries
10-05-2012, 20:18
That info is here http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/regimen-general-189/residencia-temporal-202 unless the Morrocan in question had a claim to Spanish Nationality for whatever reason in which case its a different case altogether - why the interest in Morrocans? :)

But then they and other Non Spanish Non EU have always had to show visible means of support.
Thanks for the link and the information. We have an American friend here who has decided he might like to stay longer so this information is very helpful.

tina ann
30-05-2012, 13:25
I heard today that they have temporarily stopped the Residencia, not sure why and how true. Does anyone know anything about it??? as I was going to take my friend to get his.

Section 1:
1º apellido - Surname
Nombre - Forenames
C./PL = Street name
Nº = House number
Piso = Apartment number
Tel = Telephone
CP = Post code

Leave section 2 blank.

1 x completed form
1 x passport-style photo
The modelo 790

life is short
03-06-2012, 17:43
I think this post from another website may be useful to a few people. A forum member from this site contacted the European Commission in Brussels for clarification regarding "residencia certificates". Click on the link to see their response:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-15254.aspx

This is very clearly explained.

Thank you to 66d35 :thanx:

no.job.2.small
04-06-2012, 13:48
I have been trying to obtain a 'residencia/nie' for my 2 month old son but have been told at the police station that it is not possible for another month more or less ! I need this for him to be given a Social security number, and be registered as a dependant of mine so the doctor will see him. Currently we have been to Inss in Granadilla to be told that nothing can be done till he has an nie/residencia and am being sent facturas for his previous doctors visits and all future ones till the police station issue him his docs ! What a shambles !

seanocelt
04-06-2012, 14:19
I think this post from another website may be useful to a few people. A forum member from this site contacted the European Commission in Brussels for clarification regarding "residencia certificates". Click on the link to see their response:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-15254.aspx

This is very clearly explained.

Thank you to 66d35 :thanx:

This debate has happened before, and the Canarian Gov seem to say "in this context we are not Spain", and insist on residencia.Just try getting stuff done without one!

casabonny
04-06-2012, 15:02
I have been trying to obtain a 'residencia/nie' for my 2 month old son but have been told at the police station that it is not possible for another month more or less ! I need this for him to be given a Social security number, and be registered as a dependant of mine so the doctor will see him. Currently we have been to Inss in Granadilla to be told that nothing can be done till he has an nie/residencia and am being sent facturas for his previous doctors visits and all future ones till the police station issue him his docs ! What a shambles !
I. Don't know if this helps but I was at police station Friday and they have now started giving NIE again but now news still on residencies.I was told for my client to come back in middle June .If you son only needs NIE to get registered then I would go down again

chifleta
22-06-2012, 13:43
Canarian Weekly just posted this on the forum: http://www.canarianweekly.com/residency-work-permits-on-line/

and KirstyJay kindly posted the link to apply online: https://sede.mpt.gob.es/frontend/por...ca_extranjeria

I've got my green A4 permanent residencia, so i'll wait for a bit longer to get it changed methinks :)

julia44
23-06-2012, 10:10
Are the police in Las Americas renewing residencias again yet?

Goldenmaniac
12-07-2012, 12:07
Are the police in Las Americas renewing residencias again yet? Yes as of 10/7/2012
Freeze on Issuing Residencias Lifted
New requirements here
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#NewRegsResidencia plus tasa increased to 10 euros 30

julia44
13-07-2012, 06:41
I do not want to go into specifics but if you can not meet the new requirements are there any consequences if you dont renew your residencia?

Goldenmaniac
13-07-2012, 09:23
Canarian Weekly just posted this on the forum: http://www.canarianweekly.com/residency-work-permits-on-line/

and KirstyJay kindly posted the link to apply online: https://sede.mpt.gob.es/frontend/por...ca_extranjeria

I've got my green A4 permanent residencia, so i'll wait for a bit longer to get it changed methinks :)

The information in Canarian Weekly is Incorrect - the new regulations specifically state that EU citizens MUST apply for residencia registration in person - they are not eligible to use the internet application system.

I do not want to go into specifics but if you can not meet the new requirements are there any consequences if you dont renew your residencia?

I would hazard that the main consequence would be that you would lose access to Spanish state health care - which is what this is all about really, there may be other repercussions depending on what you need to show your certificate for I suppose

chifleta
13-07-2012, 12:00
The information in Canarian Weekly is Incorrect - the new regulations specifically state that EU citizens MUST apply for residencia registration in person - they are not eligible to use the internet application system.

I would hazard that the main consequence would be that you would lose access to Spanish state health care - which is what this is all about really, there may be other repercussions depending on what you need to show your certificate for I suppose

glad I waited then :) thanks again goldenmaniac

doingok
23-07-2012, 08:17
i guys i have a NIE number which i got in 2011 does this run out? and can some one lead me to the EX18 Residencia forum on line? as we are going over to stay and would like to fill it in before we get there to make life a little easier.

cheers
paul & dana

junglejim
23-07-2012, 08:35
Your NIE stays as is - what you need is a Certificado de Registro which you need when you stay more than 3 months- you will need your original NIE, a photocopy of passport - the form filled in and the bank payment paid on form supplied by Police Station - I don't think you will benefit from filling form in in advance as you will have to collect bank payment form from police station - check Diana McGlone's excellent site via Goldenmaniac on this forum or search - plenty of useful info! Good Luck!

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions&p=197625&highlight=goldenmaniac#post197625

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#NewRegsResidencia

deano
23-07-2012, 21:39
i guys i have a NIE number which i got in 2011 does this run out? and can some one lead me to the EX18 Residencia forum on line? as we are going over to stay and would like to fill it in before we get there to make life a little easier.

cheers
paul & dana

as said previously might aswell do everything together because u need payment form, but the following link will get you to all the EX forms, you may need...
http://www.interior.gob.es/modelos-de-solicitud-37/extranjeria-342

doingok
24-07-2012, 08:08
cheers deano will filled the NIE one before we got they and made it much easir

paul

Goldenmaniac
24-07-2012, 10:10
cheers deano will filled the NIE one before we got they and made it much easir

paul

Your NIE number stays with you for life, what can change is the colour of the piece of paper its printed on! Why do you need the NIE at this time if you explain we may better be able to help you about what to take with you, because since July this year the document requirements have changed from earlier on in this thread.

doingok
24-07-2012, 13:28
i have had it around a year now as i wanted to buy a cheap run around has it would work cheaper that the time.which we still have but we are coming out for good this time so it will be handy just to have in case me or my wife want to do something as she is only in her early 40's ans i am mid 40's so still a lot of fight in us yet.and i think my wife want to do the market to. though we do not need to work to keep us we need to do something as we get bored quick.
paul

Goldenmaniac
24-07-2012, 15:53
If your wife is going to do the market she will need to set her self up as autonoma (self employed) the white NIE will be ok to do that and then when she has her self employment documentation she can apply for the residencia.
If you are not going to work you will need to provide proof that you have private health cover and show income from whatever source sufficient to keep you both while you are here. If you can not or do not wish to provide those proofs then you can not stay (legally) for longer than 90 days at a time. This is in accordance with the new regulations which came into force recently.

doingok
24-07-2012, 16:12
wow a lot more hassle to stay i guess they do not want my money lol we have been told that my wife's self employed will cover us both for health cover? though its only around €65 a month, so might get some long stay insurance till we get this worked/sorted out.cheers

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i guess a lot of O.A.P are going to be stuck for coming over for they 6 months winter break and having to leave after 90 day is against EU rules i think,they need money coming and i think this is going to push people away and go else where as we have just be to Thailand for six months i look like it we be easier to go back there than jumping though all the hops and tape than Spain are putting in front of us but maybe it not as bad as it sounds has we have an income and we can get up to 18 months long stay insurance before we come over which we cover us in that department and we can show proof of income and like i said if my want to do the markets we have are NIE number away and go down that root to get our residencia that way.not sure now its going workout for the O.A.PS put its a same has i guess they we not stay over there 3 months i know so many people that come over for the 6 months i think spain is going doen the wrong root here there should be welcoming people with open arms not making it harder. but thanks anyway

Goldenmaniac
25-07-2012, 01:00
wow a lot more hassle to stay i guess they do not want my money lol we have been told that my wife's self employed will cover us both for health cover? though its only around €65 a month, so might get some long stay insurance till we get this worked/sorted out.cheers

i guess a lot of O.A.P are going to be stuck for coming over for they 6 months winter break and having to leave after 90 day is against EU rules i think,they need money coming and i think this is going to push people away and go else where as we have just be to Thailand for six months i look like it we be easier to go back there than jumping though all the hops and tape than Spain are putting in front of us but maybe it not as bad as it sounds has we have an income and we can get up to 18 months long stay insurance before we come over which we cover us in that department and we can show proof of income and like i said if my want to do the markets we have are NIE number away and go down that root to get our residencia that way.not sure now its going workout for the O.A.PS put its a same has i guess they we not stay over there 3 months i know so many people that come over for the 6 months i think spain is going doen the wrong root here there should be welcoming people with open arms not making it harder. but thanks anyway
Ironically Brit OAPs have less hassle than the early retired or those living on own means. Because a British citizen in receipt of a state pension is entitled to state health care in Spain funded by the UK and their Pension is proof of the required regular income.

doingok
25-07-2012, 06:56
they still have to and sort it out and visit the police station though,i have a regular income of around £1000 a month as i was injured at work and now disabled and you can get long stay insurance from the uk to spain for £208 a year so i guess that cover both so if my wife does not want to work then that would be ok to.can anyone advise what the mount my wife will have to for pay if she is doing the markets self employed i was told it would be around €160 a month plus up front payment of around €700 plus stall fee is this is correct?

KirstyJay
25-07-2012, 10:00
anyone advise what the mount my wife will have to for pay if she is doing the markets self employed i was told it would be around €160 a month plus up front payment of around €700 plus stall fee is this is correct?This is off topic in this thread, as it's a different question. I have given you an answer in your other thread. :)

doingok
25-07-2012, 11:20
I have posted a number of questions in other posts so i hope i have this in the right one?

Me and my wife have our NIE but in different surnames names and looking to live in tenerife but are now married,so will she have to change her passport at the cost of £77.50 to get our residencia and health cover. if self employed i.e if i am paying self employment and need to add my wife will we have to change her passport and NIE though we have our marriage certificate. any help would be great.

Cheers

monkeymisha
25-07-2012, 11:23
if its not the newish green paper you will have to change it anyway

doingok
25-07-2012, 13:26
oh ok but will they except her passport as we have our marriage certificate or will she have to get a new one?

Tom & Sharon
25-07-2012, 14:14
Does that mean if i were to go back 2 the uk i get another 90 days...?

That's what I want to know. If you're back and 2, but never spend more than 90 days at a time in Spain, is the healthcare requirement void?

Also, how the hell do you prove you never stay more than 90 days?

Neither of us ever spend more than 90 days at a time here, but we are residents. In total we do spend (or I do at least) more than the 180 days or whatever it is here to warrant having to have a residencia. Because we are fiscally resident in the UK, and are never outside the UK for more than 3 months at a time, we are also always covered for emergency care by our EH1C cards.

There's no way I either want to pay for, or even want at any price, private health care here. Especially after my recent experience with Hospiten. I'd rather pay for a doctor as and when needed, and take my chances at Candelaria for emergency treatment.

So, that would leave us with no choice but to go non-resident when our current residencias expire. ??? ???

casabonny
25-07-2012, 15:15
I believe that you cannot pick and choose the bits of the legislation to suit your own individual needs. You are either legally resident here and pay taxes and social here , or you are resident in the Uk and fiscally resident there so are covered by the NHS.
You can be a resident of more that one country as far as tax is concerned( or at least UK taxes anyway) but there are all sorts of types or residency ie resident but not ordinarliy resident , not resident etc . Having spent a lot of my working life in the HMRC as it is now known , this matter is not simple and all Spain are trying to do , and in my opinion are quite rightly doing,is making sure that those who are not officially residents have in place adequate medical cover by whatever means and if this means private then so be it.
Tom and Sharon , I understand fully You problem with Hospiten in The South but there are other prívate hospitals that are perfectly ok and provide fantastic service and care.I have just come out of Costa Adeje after a heart attack and cannot praise them enough, but would not go to Hospiten sur as an inpatient under any circumstances

doingok
26-07-2012, 16:32
you can get holiday insurance to cover you cheap enough while you are anywhere in the eu up to 18 month which i guess will cover you,put i would like to know if my wife will need to update her passport ?

obs
26-07-2012, 17:09
you can get holiday insurance to cover you cheap enough while you are anywhere in the eu up to 18 month which i guess will cover you,put i would like to know if my wife will need to update her passport ?

doingok, I would suggest to you that it would be better for you if she changes it before you move out here, In the long run it will make life easier for you both. Renewing from here, through Madrid costs in the region of €180 at the moment. The UK price is cheaper. Also, you will spend the price of your wife's new passport on translating your marriage certificate, and having it verified, not to mention the time taken to-ing and fro-ing that goes with it.
I'm no expert, and I could be wrong, but I would 'cut my losses and run' as they say.

Someone with more knowledge might overrule me now, but at least you will be better informed. :goodluck:

doingok
26-07-2012, 17:20
doingok, I would suggest to you that it would be better for you if she changes it before you move out here, In the long run it will make life easier for you both. Renewing from here, through Madrid costs in the region of €180 at the moment. The UK price is cheaper. Also, you will spend the price of your wife's new passport on translating your marriage certificate, and having it verified, not to mention the time taken to-ing and fro-ing that goes with it.
I'm no expert, and I could be wrong, but I would 'cut my losses and run' as they say.

Someone with more knowledge might overrule me now, but at least you will be better informed. :goodluck:

just been on the phone to health care abroad in Newcastle and they say as long as i have my wife's name on the S1 as it is her passport then its will be ok,and she use's in spain though you are right it would save a lot of hassle to just do it over here.i just hate having to pay them £77.50 for a name change as i think they have had enough out of me now lol
doingok

BoPeep
27-07-2012, 08:38
Our car has just died and we want to buy a new one a.s.a.p. as we go back to the UK in a couple of weeks.

I have an NIE but it is older than the three months stated on it. Does anyone know if I need an NIE to buy a car or has that rule disappeared and for that matter whether I should get this new form 'certificado de non residente' on form EX-00 or stick with another NIE certificate?

I have been told this new form is green but green always meant 'resident' which I am not as I spend most of my time and pay my taxes in the U.K.

Megaloo
27-07-2012, 09:13
Our car has just died and we want to buy a new one a.s.a.p. as we go back to the UK in a couple of weeks.

I have an NIE but it is older than the three months stated on it. Does anyone know if I need an NIE to buy a car or has that rule disappeared and for that matter whether I should get this new form 'certificado de non residente' on form EX-00 or stick with another NIE certificate?

I have been told this new form is green but green always meant 'resident' which I am not as I spend most of my time and pay my taxes in the U.K.

I understand your NIE number lasts for your life my original white NIE number has no expiry and the same number is on my residencia so I am confused that your NIE cerificate only lasts for 3 months.

BoPeep
27-07-2012, 09:18
All NIE certificates produced in the last year or two have been dated and have a life of only three months - its stated on the bottom of the certificate. The number lasts for life but the certificate doesnt - good way of getting extra cash in the coffers!

doingok
27-07-2012, 09:49
All NIE certificates produced in the last year or two have been dated and have a life of only three months - its stated on the bottom of the certificate. The number lasts for life but the certificate doesnt - good way of getting extra cash in the coffers!

we got our NIE number last jan and we were told it only will last 3 month and its on the white paper so i guess we will have to start all over again.
but finding out new things out and getting it sorted is all part of the fun

imablue
27-07-2012, 11:21
are we not confusing this NIE Certificate with the Empadronamiento... just a thought cos that only lasts 3 months ...(confirmation of address )...

Tom & Sharon
27-07-2012, 11:35
I believe that you cannot pick and choose the bits of the legislation to suit your own individual needs. You are either legally resident here and pay taxes and social here , or you are resident in the Uk and fiscally resident there so are covered by the NHS.
You can be a resident of more that one country as far as tax is concerned( or at least UK taxes anyway) but there are all sorts of types or residency ie resident but not ordinarliy resident , not resident etc . Having spent a lot of my working life in the HMRC as it is now known , this matter is not simple and all Spain are trying to do , and in my opinion are quite rightly doing,is making sure that those who are not officially residents have in place adequate medical cover by whatever means and if this means private then so be it.
Tom and Sharon , I understand fully You problem with Hospiten in The South but there are other prívate hospitals that are perfectly ok and provide fantastic service and care.I have just come out of Costa Adeje after a heart attack and cannot praise them enough, but would not go to Hospiten sur as an inpatient under any circumstances

I'm not trying to pick and choose Casabonny. It's just that everyone doesn't fit neatly into one box or another, that's what they don't take into account.

You end up having to break one of their rules, whether you like it or not!

doingok
27-07-2012, 12:24
are we not confusing this NIE Certificate with the Empadronamiento... just a thought cos that only lasts 3 months ...(confirmation of address )...

Yes I could be as have no expire date on our to?

Zatarra
30-07-2012, 10:23
I'm reading that I need this:

Full, valid, original passport and one photocopy
The official NIE Solicitud form completed and signed.
2 passport photographs
Completed and paid TASA with Banks stamp. (registration fee)

Where can I download this nie Solcitud form?
And what is a TASA?

If anybody could answer that for me I would be very grateful.

junglejim
30-07-2012, 10:38
Have a read through the link
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia
The TASA form is obtained from police station and must be paid and stamped at bank before submission to police with solicitud.

Zatarra
30-07-2012, 10:40
So if I've read it correctly I get both forms from the police, fill em both out, take one to the bank, pay, get stamp, and bring both back to the police?

junglejim
30-07-2012, 10:54
Yes you get an appointment time when you come back.

Other link to discussion.
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions/page16

carpdaught1
30-07-2012, 14:36
we just renewed our nie dont appointment you get a ticket to wait till your no is called dont forget a photo copy of your passport ,we did had to pop over the road opposite police station to get one lol

Yes you get an appointment time when you come back.

Other link to discussion.
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions/page16

junglejim
30-07-2012, 14:42
The ticket no. is your appointment .

carpdaught1
30-07-2012, 14:56
The ticket no. is your appointment .

thankyou for that i must rember when in england visiting kids i dont get a number at the bacon counter in tesco's i get an appointment not a no in a que come to that in the mercadona as well lol

Zatarra
31-07-2012, 10:54
Thanks for all that usefull info!!!!
Is it possible to print both forms out from the internet, then fill em both out, go to the bank and then go to the police to get it all sorted in one go? If so, can anyone point me to where i can find the forms online?
many thanks!

TenerifePool
31-07-2012, 11:15
The application is available online at www.mir.es.

The bank form unfortunately is not, and must be collected in person.

Zatarra
31-07-2012, 11:26
Thanks! I'm a bit lost on that website though as my Spanish is beyond terrible.....

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 13:49
Thanks! I'm a bit lost on that website though as my Spanish is beyond terrible.....Then you should really get someone to do it for you. :)

Try Goldenmaniac or Fred Perry. Both do this service.

barryk
31-07-2012, 20:19
Information Here (in English)

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/buff/spain/nie-numbers/

Form Here:

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/buff/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/NIE-ex15.pdf

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 21:28
Information Here (in English)

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/buff/spain/nie-numbers/
But the information on that page has changed very recently. It does not mention the new requirements regarding work and proof of income which Goldenmaniac has posted on here and is very important.

Zatarra
01-08-2012, 13:10
I'v just came back from the police station in Las Americas and armed with a pasport, a copy of it, the filled out document, they gave me a new questionaire which i have to fill out, and take to the bank and pay a tenner for.
I'll have to queue up again so I'll have to do that tomorrow.
One more question. Once I come back from the bank with the filled out forms and proof of payment, how long will it take for me to actually receive the NIE number? And will they just hand it over to me there, send it to me or do I have to collect it at a later stage?
Thanks for all your answers.

junglejim
01-08-2012, 14:14
If it's a green Registro you get it right away , if it's a NIE I think it's a couple of days.

Goldenmaniac
01-08-2012, 16:43
If it's a green Registro you get it right away , if it's a NIE I think it's a couple of days.

Both are issued immediately provided you have all the required docs and fees paid ready.

Zatarra
02-08-2012, 13:47
So I went on to collect my NIE number today and it's all good but got one surprise. On the NIE certificate it says "Expires after 3 months". What do I do to get it permanent? I was very surprised by this. From doing some Googling, I gater that I need to do the following. can anyone confirm if that's correct before I go through alll that hassle?

- get another payment form from the police
- go to bank, pay and get stamp
- fill out this form:
http://www.ub.edu/uri/Documents/ex16.pdf
- take copy of passport
- take 2 passport photos
- take original document and copy of nie number
- tale original and copy of rental contract
- take original and copy of work contract

- take it all and go here to get the Residency Certificate:

OFICINA DE EXTRANJEROS DE SUR DE TENERIFE

Dirección:

Las terrasas- Costa Adeje

38660 – Adeje (Santa Cruz de Tenerife)

Tel.: 922789950

(Horario: De lunes a viernes de 8.30 a 14.00)

IS THIS CORRECT?

Goldenmaniac
02-08-2012, 15:11
Yes a white A4 NIE document is valid for three months, if you stay longer than that you will need to apply for a certificado de registro (residencia) but you have to fulfill specific criteria to be granted one. This has been covered in several places on the forum regarding the additional new requirements from July of this year (2012) have a look here
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions&p=197208&viewfull=1#post197208
or also on my website here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

Zatarra
02-08-2012, 15:19
Thank you goldenmaniac. That's some really helpful info on your site. I've been through it and it seems that what I wrote in my post earlier is pretty spot on then in order to get the residencia, do you agree, or have i overloooked something still?

Goldenmaniac
02-08-2012, 16:13
I'm glad you think the site is helpful - but did you actually read it? - there are several differences to your list

2) Green Certificate of registro -from November 2011 this is in a credit card sized format but still made of paper, for indefinite or fixed length stays of over 3 months · 1 copy of application form Ex18, Modelo 790 for a 10,30 euro payment, 1 passport type photo, photocopy and original of Passport and photocopy and original of an in date Empadronamiento plus new requirements from July 2012

For those who are working - you must provide the original and copy of your current work contract or a certificate to show that you are currently making social security contributions

For those who are self employed you must provide the original and copies of your self employment documentation or a certificate to show you are still registered as self employed and a certificate to show that you are currently making social security contributions.

For the retired, early retired or those living on own means you must provide the original and copies of private health care to cover you for the period of your residence in Spain, or for EU pensioners a copy of your S1 document showing entitlement to health care in Spain funded by the UK. You must also provide proof of income sufficient to support you and your family.
With regard to economic means, a fixed amount can not be set, but the personal situation of each national of a Member State of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Europe should be taken into account. In no case, shall this amount be less than the level of resources below which social assistance is granted to a Spanish National or the amount of a Spanish Social Security pension. Documents not in the Spanish language must be apostilled and legally translated.

londonjimmy
02-08-2012, 16:55
Diana, thanks for all this info - have you got any idea what I should do if I have recidencia and NIE but both my children do not, as I need to get this for my daughter for her school papers. Also, my wife doesn't have either aswel, does it matter that I already have this? Tks. James

KirstyJay
02-08-2012, 18:48
Diana, thanks for all this info - have you got any idea what I should do if I have recidencia and NIE but both my children do not, as I need to get this for my daughter for her school papers. Also, my wife doesn't have either aswel, does it matter that I already have this? Tks. James
I also need just the number for my kids. Both me and TheBloke have our green certs and the kids were both born here. I'm unsure what I'll need to take down with me, so I suppose I'll have to take everything and copies!!!!

rotchie
02-08-2012, 18:51
I have asked this question on the other forum, but not received a satisfactory response.
What information (hard-copy) do retired people have to produce to satisfy the authorities that they meet the requirements of financial self sufficiency.
Bank statements of pensions payments into account.
Investments,
Accessible equity etc etc
Thanks in anticipation

KirstyJay
02-08-2012, 19:21
I have asked this question on the other forum, but not received a satisfactory response.
What information (hard-copy) do retired people have to produce to satisfy the authorities that they meet the requirements of financial self sufficiency.
Investments,
Thanks in anticipation Goldenmaniac has this information on her website :

For the retired, early retired or those living on own means you must provide :

the original and copies of private health care to cover you for the period of your residence in Spain, or for EU pensioners a copy of your S1 document showing entitlement to health care in Spain funded by the UK.
You must also provide proof of income sufficient to support you and your family.
With regard to economic means, a fixed amount can not be set, but the personal situation of each national of a Member State of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Europe should be taken into account. In no case, shall this amount be less than the level of resources below which social assistance is granted to a Spanish National or the amount of a Spanish Social Security pension.
Documents not in the Spanish language must be apostilled and legally translated.

See here for more info : http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

I'm sure she'll be along shortly to give you a more detailed reply :)

Goldenmaniac
02-08-2012, 21:31
Investments,
Thanks in anticipation

The reason you can't get a definitive answer is because there isn't one!!!
With regard to economic means, a fixed amount can not be set, but the personal situation of each national of a Member State of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Europe should be taken into account.
Eg someone who has a regular UK state pension and say 5k euros in a Spanish bank account in Tenerife would be Ok but an early retiree with no visible regular income and 7k euros in the bank might not be.
Unfortunately you are going to have to take your Spanish bank book/statements originals and copies and if applicable your UK bank statements - authenticated and translated (ie an internet banking print out will not suffice).
More important is the health cover provision, if necessary take out private insurance if you are not eligible for UK state funded European health card or S1

Vaiva Kubilaite
05-08-2012, 17:05
HELP. There is so many information about NIE, residence, Taxes etc and i really got lost. And also as english is not my nativ language everything is becoming even more difficult for me to understand. But at the same time i dont want to post same questions over again which you have maybe already answered just i dont get it. Would be someone so good to meet up me for a coffee and help to understand everything or get in contact in skype or other messenger that i could ask and try to clear my confuse?

I'm trying to move my mother to Tenerife from Lithuania and help her to build her life her. And need all information from the very beginning - for what do we need NIE, residence and all those things about taxes and incidence.

Please, anyone PM me.

Goldenmaniac
05-08-2012, 19:06
HELP. There is so many information about NIE, residence, Taxes etc and i really got lost. And also as english is not my nativ language everything is becoming even more difficult for me to understand. But at the same time i dont want to post same questions over again which you have maybe already answered just i dont get it. Would be someone so good to meet up me for a coffee and help to understand everything or get in contact in skype or other messenger that i could ask and try to clear my confuse?

I'm trying to move my mother to Tenerife from Lithuania and help her to build her life her. And need all information from the very beginning - for what do we need NIE, residence and all those things about taxes and incidence.

Please, anyone PM me.
Why on earth don't you contact the Spanish Embassy in your country of origin or the Lithuanian consulate in Madrid (http://es.mfa.lt/index.php?737719770)instead of seeking advice on a forum which is (predominantly although not exclusively) aimed at British Nationals.
Having said that Lithuania is part of the EU http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea-718 so the requirements will be the same as for other Europeans, http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea-718/estancia-y-residencia-722 Your mother can come here for 3 months at a time but if she wishes to stay longer legally she will have to prove that she can support herself and has health care provision.

KirstyJay
05-08-2012, 20:45

Please, anyone PM me.
labą dieną Vaiva. :) Welcome to the forum. I was in Molėtų last year. You have a lovely country. :)

All the information provided in this thread is done so for free, and it is there for anyone to read through. The moderators update the FIRST POST (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions) with any links or information to new rules or regulations, so they are easy to find, but if you find it too difficult to follow, then the next step would be to pay someone for a consultation... someone that does NIE and residencias for a living.

I'm afraid you'll find it hard get someone to meet for a coffee in their own time and help for free. The info is here, if you want to find it and read it, but as Goldenmaniac says, it's predominantly aimed at British nationals, though as an EU citizen we could presume that the rules are the same.

Good luck :)

Vaiva Kubilaite
05-08-2012, 22:14
Why on earth don't you contact the Spanish Embassy in your country of origin or the Lithuanian consulate in Madrid (http://es.mfa.lt/index.php?737719770)instead of seeking advice on a forum which is (predominantly although not exclusively) aimed at British Nationals.
Having said that Lithuania is part of the EU http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea-718 so the requirements will be the same as for other Europeans, http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea-718/estancia-y-residencia-722 Your mother can come here for 3 months at a time but if she wishes to stay longer legally she will have to prove that she can support herself and has health care provision.

Sure Godelmaniac, we are contacting them too, but they are not that helpful as they should be. I guess this is way also British Nationals are looking information here instead of contacting their consulate. This forum is very very helpful no matter which country citizen you are :)

Thank you a lot. One more question - i have made NIE number in Mallorca few weeks a go. Will it be valid for sign apartment rental contract in Tenerife or i should make new one NIE here?

Btw my NIE number is white paper, so as i know it's valid only 3 months?

KirstyJay
05-08-2012, 23:47
You do not need another NIE. Your NIE is yours for life. The number will not change and is valid throughout Spain :)

barryk
09-09-2012, 08:50
Hi

Just a little confused.com with the current regulations regarding the NIE

I have a white A4 copy which was issued in around 2006. I now need this for a potential property purchase.

I know the number still remains valid but am I required to obtain this document in a new format.

If so please could you advise on proceedure etc

Many thanks

Barryk

Madelene B
09-09-2012, 09:46
I have read all that I can get my hands on regarding the N.I.E and the discounts that one can get.
Went to ryanair.com to see what the requirements were to get the discount on domestic flights.
Seem that one would need both N.I.E and "resedencia" to get that discount from them. Says that you will be required to present both documents at check-in.
They also mention a new law that came into force on September 1:st that would regulate this, haven't been able to find anything about that on the internet however. Anyone knows?

Brian Lewis
09-09-2012, 10:27
I have read all that I can get my hands on regarding the N.I.E and the discounts that one can get.
Went to ryanair.com to see what the requirements were to get the discount on domestic flights.
Seem that one would need both N.I.E and "resedencia" to get that discount from them. Says that you will be required to present both documents at check-in.
They also mention a new law that came into force on September 1:st that would regulate this, haven't been able to find anything about that on the internet however. Anyone knows?

How can you do this when you are required to check-in on line?

junglejim
09-09-2012, 10:35
You NIE number is on your green certificate -looking at other posts,leave out first letter (an X ?) -you also apparently need a current cerificado de empadramiento from town hall to present -see Diana´s web site ,on here as Goldenmaniac

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

junglejim
09-09-2012, 10:37
Search on here for residencia thread ,also this site
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

Madelene B
09-09-2012, 18:15
Well, they check your passport and travel documents if you check in your bags, or when you go into the waiting area on the airport. Maybe I didn't use the correct words. Sorry....

My experience with Ryanair is that the slightest litle error on the passengers end and it will be costly and you might get told off as a "bonus". Sorry to be negative, but I don't really like their pricing system, paying for paying your tickets nor their lack of polightness towards travellers. I wouldn't want to find my self in front of the Ryanair staff and not having all my papers in order. Huuuuawh! Public humiliation I'm sure.
That's why I asked what you guy's thought about their new rules.

seanocelt
09-09-2012, 19:52
There is a new thread "why will Ryanair's website not accept my travel documentation" or something, started today, new rules but system not working.

slodgedad
10-09-2012, 01:02
There is a new thread "why will Ryanair's website not accept my travel documentation" or something, started today, new rules but system not working.

It's HERE (http://http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?19404-Why-is-my-resident-card-being-refused), Sean

seanocelt
10-09-2012, 01:06
Gracias Senor Mod the senior mod.

realejos
10-09-2012, 21:12
So many information, so many changes, I am just lost.

On Wednesday I am going to visit a police station to obtain a new green "certificado". I have 3 reasons to do it:

1. I have moved to a new apartment in another municipality.
2. I have spent 5 years in Canary Islands (as I understand I have to apply for "residencia permanente").
3. I have changed my passport (I guess I have to report it at a police station).

My questions:

1. Can I go to Puerto de la Cruz police station if I live in the South (Puerto Santiago)? I would preffer to do it in Puerto de la Cruz because there are not so many visitors as in Las Americas.
2. Should I provide any additional documents except passport and form X-18 when I apply for "Residencia permanente" (photos, tax or social security payments, anything else...)?
3. Can I print /fill out the form X-18 from interior.gob.es website or they only accept forms filled out at a police station?

Thanks in advance.

casabonny
11-09-2012, 09:22
All rules and regulations have changed since July so it depends on your circumstances. Firstly though you have to do this in Las Americas if you live in the south and nowadays the queues are not so bad. Are you working with a contract , self employed , retired ? as now different t rules apply to allthesethree scenarios.
In sort they have returned ,more Orleans to what was required 10/15years ago.You now need to prove income or a contract , have private medical or be able to prove that you are legally in thier social system. All in all much more complex now.
golden maniac site usually has up to date info but of course as we all know , what they say and often what they mean are two completely different things! good luck

realejos
11-09-2012, 10:44
I am self employed and can provide any papers they want, including tarjeta sanitaria. I just want to know that documents may be required, so that I don't need to travel many times to Las Americas.

I studied this article (http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea-718/residencia-de-caracter-permanente-725)

but it says that additional documents are not required if I stay in Spain more than 5 years:

Excepto en el caso de acceso a la residencia permanente por haber residido legalmente en España durante un periodo continuado de 5 años, en el que no es preciso aportar documentación adicional dado que dicha circunstancia será verificada de oficio por la Oficina de Extranjería, para el resto de supuestos, según del que se trate, deberá presentar, además:

Anyway, I will bring all possible documents.

One more question. What application form should submit my spose (not working right now)? If they don't ask for additional papers, we both can submit X-18. If they ask for additional documents, should we submit X-19? (Solicitud de tarjeta de residencia defamiliar de ciudadano comunitario). Is "Libro de familia" enough in this case or we need a marriage certificate? Actually, I don't understand if X-19 is designed for European Union Citizens.

And what about photos? Should I bring photos when I want to change the green 5 years-certificate to "Residencia permanente" certificate?

casabonny
11-09-2012, 14:01
If you are not working and are not a pensioner to obtain a residencia you have to have money in the bank here , 5000 euros for an individual and if a married couple then 8000 euros. You must also have in place an in date passport and private medical cover either taken out in Spain or another country providing the latter covers you in Spain, or be able to prove medical cover from your own country ( but this often the chicken and the egg scenario as you cannot present an s1 unless you have a residencia and you cant get a residencia without medical cover!)
This was as of this morning at Las Americas national police station

realejos
11-09-2012, 17:19
I am working but my spose not. We have money in bank, it's not a problem, but now I don't understand anything. All information is very controversial.

What is the difference between "Residencia permanente" and a normal residency as we have all 5 years? We have green certificates and there is no expiration time printed on our certificates. I heard heard somewhere that green certificates are valid 5 years? Is it true? All who live 5 years here must obtain "residence permanente" or can just prolong their normal residence? ???

casabonny
11-09-2012, 19:14
If your Green certificate states con carácter permanente en españa then the cert is valid indefinitely . These have been granted to those who have previously had at least two five year residencias. If your certificate does not have this wording then the certificate is only valid for five years. Whether you can get a "permanent " residencia after having one five year green cert I do not know, then you would have to ask.From what I was told this morning then your wife would have to have at least 5000 euros in the bank ,have medical cover and an in date passport .
I do agree that this country is confusing at times !

realejos
11-09-2012, 19:20
Hmm, does it mean that my wife (European Union citizen) can be deported from Spain if she doesn't have 5000 euros in the bank? Just kidding, but all this information sounds very strange.

Megaloo
11-09-2012, 19:52
I also find this confusing. My Husband's green certificate says permanante his was renewed after his first 5 year photo card expired.
I unfortunately had mine stolen before it expired and was then replaced by the new green one because they were not issuing the photo cards anymore .Mine does not say permanante. I asked a Hestor to be told it is Ok . If it is not then how does one tell when it needs to be renewed
from the date it was issued or the date from The original?

realejos
11-09-2012, 22:31
If it is not then how does one tell when it needs to be renewed from the date it was issued or the date from The original?

I don't understand it either. My certificate says I am resident from June 2007 but the certificate itself has been issued on April 2010. Now I can't understand when my certificate expires.

henry
11-09-2012, 22:59
I am working but my spose not. We have money in bank, it's not a problem, but now I don't understand anything. All information is very controversial.

What is the difference between "Residencia permanente" and a normal residency as we have all 5 years? We have green certificates and there is no expiration time printed on our certificates. I heard heard somewhere that green certificates are valid 5 years? Is it true? All who live 5 years here must obtain "residence permanente" or can just prolong their normal residence? ???

mine is for 10 years. and it permitment as well i guess that because i´m spanish thanks to my mother...

casabonny
12-09-2012, 09:20
Okay from the green cert to keep things simple 4 lines down it will say
"Como residente comunitario con carácter permante en España desde " and then the date that you first registered here . if this wording is shown then it is my understanding that the cert has no expiry but some just say " como residente en España " without the other wording and it is these cert that as far as I am aware only have a five year time line as the old cards .
Also the money in the bank I guess will need to be verified by a Bank Certificate and not just by taking your bank statements with you , as per 10/15 or more years ago and of course the banks will charge for these !

Goldenmaniac
12-09-2012, 09:35
Okay from the green cert to keep things simple 4 lines down it will say
"Como residente comunitario con carácter permante en España desde " and then the date that you first registered here . if this wording is shown then it is my understanding that the cert has no expiry but some just say " como residente en España " without the other wording and it is these cert that as far as I am aware only have a five year time line as the old cards .
Also the money in the bank I guess will need to be verified by a Bank Certificate and not just by taking your bank statements with you , as per 10/15 or more years ago and of course the banks will charge for these !

A passbook from a Spanish bank or actual Statement (not internet) is acceptable or as you say a certificate of the balance.

realejos
12-09-2012, 13:24
I just returned home from police station in Las Americas.
I (and my spouse) we got new credit card size certificates in 10 minutes. We submitted the following documents:
- X-18 form;
- old A4 size green certificate;
- empadronamiento;
- passport and passport copy;
- modelo 790.

Police officer checked all papers, the old certificate and asked what we want. We answered that we want to renew our certificates. Then he asked if we have photos. We had no photos. Anyway, he printed out new certificates that state:

Residente comunitario permanente en España desde .. 2007

No questions about employment etc.

Now I don't understand what kind of certificates people want to get if they must submit bank account statements, employment documentation etc...?

anniemc
14-09-2012, 08:36
we are going to the Police Station to change the address on our residencias, we have had them about two and a half years. What will we need to take, I am taking passports, rental contract and residencias. Is this all we need and does it cost anything?

realejos
14-09-2012, 09:10
anniemc, I changed the address 2 days ago. Please read the post N 240.

Print out and fill up EX-18 form before going to the police station. You can get it here. (http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/18-Certificado_Residencia_comunitaria.pdf)

I think you will need empadronamiento, a copy of your passport and it's better to take a passport size photo with you.

You need modelo 790 to pay "tasa" of 10,30 EUR (you can pay it at a bank) before submitting your papers. You can get modelo 790 at the police station.

anniemc
14-09-2012, 11:19
Well we went to the Police Station, spoke to the officer and she told us exactly what we needed to change the address on our residencias. However, we needed an empadronamiento for the process, she then told us we could get the empadronamiento from Las Chafiras with our rental contract and our residencias with the old address on. So we went to the office in Las Chafiras, we waited maybe 15 minutes befo9re we were seen. The girl there didn't speak english but I managed in my poor spanish to explain that we needed an ordinary empadronamiento and one for travelling. This was all done within a few minutes, and will go to the Police Station on Monday to change our residencias. The photocopying for all the documents in Las Chafiras cost 10.20€. So actually, we don't really need to change our residencias but now we're on a roll---!

realejos
14-09-2012, 11:26
That is the difference between "ordinary empadronamiento" and for travelling? ???

anniemc
14-09-2012, 12:23
Did you mean what is the difference? The one for travelling states that the person is living here in Spain and is specifically for the purpose of obtaining discounted travel. The other one is the normal one. The Police Station will not accept the travel one for changing or obtaining residencias.
That is the difference between "ordinary empadronamiento" and for travelling? ???

realejos
14-09-2012, 13:45
Did you mean what is the difference?

Yes, I mean what is the difference.

Just returned home from "tenencia de alcaldia" where I got both certificates. Thanks for telling this. I am sure that many people don't know that exist 2 types of certificates and request Empadronamiento instead of "Certificado de residencia para bonificaciones".

Can somebody confirm that ordinary Empadronamiento is not valid for travel purposes (to get a resident discount)?

bonitatime
14-09-2012, 14:15
The ordinary one should not be valid for travelling.

seanocelt
14-09-2012, 16:50
Looking at both, they are the same except one is endorsed that it can be used for travel, but other than that they are the same, although my old one expired(both valid 6 months).

anniemc
25-09-2012, 11:14
We are going to the Police Station in the next couple of days- we've got all the forms to update our residencias, can someone please tell what we have to fill in on the modelo 790? Was going to the bank this morning but looked at the form and didn't have a clue!!

junglejim
26-09-2012, 09:54
If I remember, you fill in the identification part with your NIE address etc and the police write in the cost, you pay it at bank and bring back the stamped copy with your other form filled in .
You must pay first !
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions&highlight=Residencia

Aideen
03-10-2012, 17:05

Hi, I am new here & also new to the island - I have my NIE number & have been told to go to the town hall for residency. Am i totally confused on what you are talking about here? Also, I was told i need to translate my birth certificates into Spanish & have no idea where or how to even start to get this done.

Goldenmaniac
04-10-2012, 08:55
Hi, I am new here & also new to the island - I have my NIE number & have been told to go to the town hall for residency. Am i totally confused on what you are talking about here? Also, I was told i need to translate my birth certificates into Spanish & have no idea where or how to even start to get this done.
What nationality and what age group are you? - unless you are a minor there should not be a birth certificate involved.
More info and we can help you better.

By the way the info quoted by Cinnamon has been superceded now have a look at the more up to date bits of the thread or Also have a look here : http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

doingok
05-11-2012, 12:54
just got our 5 yr residenica and i have to say how easy it was and that for our medical health insurance they took our EHIC for this part(though we had a private one ) which you get here FREE http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx we also got a couple of pieces paper work translated which cost the most though that depends who you see at the police station we got our medical and finances done for 60 euros though again if i knew about them accepting the EHIC then we would of not needed both.This can easily be done by yourself and would save you a bit of cash,if we can you can.pm if you need more info

EX 18 you get here http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/index.html which you only have to do the first part on the forum then print it of or save it,then print it off at a later date but print off a couple of more time so you have copys.
go to the poilce station you will get a 790 again very easy to fill in just name and address needed and your N.I.E number if you have one.same as the EX18 really.
Your Certifado de empadronamiento you get FREE for you local town hall (ayuntamiento ) all you need for this is you rental contract and N.I.E and passport or just take everything you have.once you have all your documents copy all them (expect 790 forum) and you must have passport photo's to, you
might think this sound hard but it is not.Once in the police station we were out in less than an 1/2 hour with our residenica.

craftycarder
07-11-2012, 09:50
My husband and I have our NIE and certificacion de empadronamiento but we have recently moved (still in the same area of San Miguel). Do we have to get this paper work changed to our new address and is it easy to do especially the NIE?

doingok
07-11-2012, 09:57
yes you have to go back to the police station and change you address and pay the 10.30 and fill in the 790 again, we asked what will we have to do if we moved and thats what he said.

Sputnikspouse
07-11-2012, 13:27
My husband and I have our NIE and certificacion de empadronamiento but we have recently moved (still in the same area of San Miguel). Do we have to get this paper work changed to our new address and is it easy to do especially the NIE?

You need to go to the town hall with your empadronmiento and they will change your address (its just so they can keep tabs on who lives where just like the councils in the UK) you dont need to notify the residentia or the NIE they stay with you whereever you move just like your nat insurance in the uk ans the address on them does not need changed
Hope this helps

yes you have to go back to the police station and change you address and pay the 10.30 and fill in the 790 again, we asked what will we have to do if we moved and thats what he said.

Thats not true the only thing you need to change if you move is your empadronmiento with the local council offices, you do not need to change your residentia or your NIE

i was wondering why you got a 5 year residency and not a permanent residency ? We got ours done last year at this time and it does not have an expirey date on it
just got our 5 yr residenica and i have to say how easy it was and that for our medical health insurance they took our EHIC for this part(though we had a private one ) which you get here FREE http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx we also got a couple of pieces paper work translated which cost the most though that depends who you see at the police station we got our medical and finances done for 60 euros though again if i knew about them accepting the EHIC then we would of not needed both.This can easily be done by yourself and would save you a bit of cash,if we can you can.pm if you need more info

EX 18 you get here http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/index.html which you only have to do the first part on the forum then print it of or save it,then print it off at a later date but print off a couple of more time so you have copys.
go to the poilce station you will get a 790 again very easy to fill in just name and address needed and your N.I.E number if you have one.same as the EX18 really.
Your Certifado de empadronamiento you get FREE for you local town hall (ayuntamiento ) all you need for this is you rental contract and N.I.E and passport or just take everything you have.once you have all your documents copy all them (expect 790 forum) and you must have passport photo's to, you
might think this sound hard but it is not.Once in the police station we were out in less than an 1/2 hour with our residenica.

timmylish
07-11-2012, 13:59
Probably 'cause the writer is not a National of an EU country?

doingok
07-11-2012, 16:59
well we are from England and we where told it was only for 5 yrs from the police officer who gave it to us? i will have to have a look because his english was excellent.

THIS IS WHAT WE WERE TOLD THIS MONDAY BY THE ISSUING OFFICER WE HAD TO FILL IN THE 790 AGAIN I KNOW YOUR N.I.E STAY WITH YOU AND THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T MENTION IT?????????????????

Goldenmaniac
09-11-2012, 02:14
All EU Residencias have to be renewed. The green A4 and the new card sized green paper both expire after 5 years - you count 5 years from the date of issue - the date is not in numbers on the A4 it is in Spanish words just above the signature - on the smaller version the issue date is also above the signature but does have the day and year in numbers have a look here for examples of both formats http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

doingok
09-11-2012, 09:43
Thanks for that Goldenmanaic people are so quick to jump in on here to try and prove you wrong, who haven't a clue and thanks for the other help.

(save the cash and do this yourself its easy, but people will try and put you off cause they are making money out of this so their will not tell you what is right or wrong but will take you money in the mean time)

doingok

All EU Residencias have to be renewed. The green A4 and the new card sized green paper both expire after 5 years - you count 5 years from the date of issue - the date is not in numbers on the A4 it is in Spanish words just above the signature - on the smaller version the issue date is also above the signature but does have the day and year in numbers have a look here for examples of both formats http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

charlie brown
26-11-2012, 15:57
I would appreciate it if someone could please let me know what papaer I need to renew my 5 year residencia. I have looked all through this thread and there is so much information that I am confused!

I would really appreciate it if someone could list what I need.

Thanks