PDA

View Full Version : Moving to start a new life.

susansusan
05-02-2012, 19:38
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and would like to say hello. Could anybody give me any advice concerning moving to Tenerife as a single Woman. I moved to Madrid many years ago and stayed for around 4 years. I then moved with my boyfriend to Tenerife and we bought a bar in the Playa Azul area. We stayed for a couple of years and had a lot of fun. Decided to move back to England and earn some real money. After 15 years back in England, think that I am ready for another adventure. This time I will be alone. I speak a decent amount of Spanish and finance wouldnt be a problem. What would my chances of getting a job at the moment? Not looking for anything special, just enough to get by. Would be renting an apartment in the Torviscas area so that I could walk to work. How would a women in her early forties and single intergrate into Tenerife life? I went to Madrid alone, but now been older it seems more difficult somehow. Has anybody for any advice on the above questions. Thankyou Susan.

christa
05-02-2012, 20:39
Susan, although I cannot help I would just like to wish you well. I left Tenerife for Gran Canaria nearly 4 years ago but am sure the day to day living is similar. Sheer guts, determination and positivity is what you need above all. Good Luck. Am sure you will get some help form the "Locals" on here.

Lovieart
05-02-2012, 20:56
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and would like to say hello. Could anybody give me any advice concerning moving to Tenerife as a single Woman. I moved to Madrid many years ago and stayed for around 4 years. I then moved with my boyfriend to Tenerife and we bought a bar in the Playa Azul area. We stayed for a couple of years and had a lot of fun. Decided to move back to England and earn some real money. After 15 years back in England, think that I am ready for another adventure. This time I will be alone. I speak a decent amount of Spanish and finance wouldnt be a problem. What would my chances of getting a job at the moment? Not looking for anything special, just enough to get by. Would be renting an apartment in the Torviscas area so that I could walk to work. How would a women in her early forties and single intergrate into Tenerife life? I went to Madrid alone, but now been older it seems more difficult somehow. Has anybody for any advice on the above questions. Thankyou Susan.

On face book there is a network of people here to connect with. A page called Nuttersville, Bumps, Nutjobs & Nutty Gran/Nans. might point you in the right direction. Depends what your interests are. Good luck say hello if you want , im not single but an fairly new to Tenerife

tracy hampshire
06-02-2012, 00:15
i moved here 2& 1/2 years ago , i came over to be with someone i met over here, so not quite the same, but i still had to meet new friends and find a life for myself, my OH didn't speak much english & i didn't speak much spanish, he was at work every day, so i just wandered around and stopped for a coffee here & there and you soon get chatting to people, and the locals are a real friendly bunch, so you will soon make friends, probably be easier for you in the south , than it was in the north, but i'm sure things will be great, so here's wishing you the best of luck x

Balcony
06-02-2012, 11:30
I'm not a woman and don't live in Tenerife, but I am there often enough on my own. It's great for casual meetings and I'm sure that once you're settled in a place that's 'yours' you'll have no real problem in making new friends. Just take the usual precautions and don't rush into anything.

caroletenerife
06-02-2012, 11:49
Hi Susan, pop in to the Live Arico Dog Rescue Charity Shop, its next to the Santa Maria Hotel, you dont need to volunteer, but there are always lots of locals milling about chatting. Some of the volunteers have a table tennis club and they go to The Terrace Bar on a Sunday for a meet up. There are regular benefits you could come along to and meet the natives x

longtallalice
06-02-2012, 15:27
Hi Susan , welcome to the forum . Myself and partner moved here last august and have made loads of friends including some from the forum , just arranged random meet ups and one thing leads to another , have now had a couple of nights out with some of the girls on here so I'm sure you will be welcome to join us when you get here. Hope you like a drink or two ! As for work , good luck times are hard out there but there are jobs if you look hard enough. Also recommend the Facebook page mentioned before really nice bunch and easy to chat to , hopefully meet you soon , Alice

waweng
08-02-2012, 08:08
hello

im waweng new guy at this forum xD

just wanna say hi to everyone

have a nice day

caroletenerife
08-02-2012, 10:30
hello

im waweng new guy at this forum xD

just wanna say hi to everyone

have a nice day
Hello welcome to the forum, you have a good day too x

Stephens
15-02-2012, 07:19
Happy to join to the BBS. I like the atmosphere here.

swiff
15-02-2012, 23:41
Hi Susan welcome to the Forum