PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Is it better to have a Spanish or a UK Will living in Tenerife?

Newby
06-02-2012, 16:23
Hi can anyone help me please, we have an apartment in Los Cristianos our Spanish Lawyer says get a UK will for our Spanish property our UK Solicitor says get a Spanish wll, any views on this would be appreciated.

delderek
06-02-2012, 16:40
Hi can anyone help me please, we have an apartment in Los Cristianos our Spanish Lawyer says get a UK will for our Spanish property our UK Solicitor says get a Spanish wll, any views on this would be appreciated.

I believe the normal advice is: Make a UK will, and also get it officially translated and Notarised.

dotty1
06-02-2012, 17:17
I have done both to make sure, best to be safe than sorry it will cover both countries laws then.

Jackie
06-02-2012, 17:59
I have always had 2, a UK one for my assets there and a Spanish one for my assets here.

kingbaker
06-02-2012, 18:17
I have always had 2, a UK one for my assets there and a Spanish one for my assets here.

Have you got nice assets and when can we see them?:whistle: :crylaughing:

doreen
06-02-2012, 20:10
I believe the normal advice is: Make a UK will, and also get it officially translated and Notarised.

You also really need a Spanish one or the property could be bogged down in Spanish probate - do both :)

Suzanne
07-02-2012, 00:15
As everyone else has said it is advisable to have a Spanish Will. Any notary will do it for you at a very reasonable cost. It will be done in both english and spanish, you receive a copy and the original is kept in madrid.
i would recommend the notary in El Camison above the mercadonna, Nickolas, he speaks english and all the staff are very helpful.

karinagal
07-02-2012, 11:24
As everyone else has said it is advisable to have a Spanish Will. Any notary will do it for you at a very reasonable cost. It will be done in both english and spanish, you receive a copy and the original is kept in madrid.
i would recommend the notary in El Camison above the mercadonna, Nickolas, he speaks english and all the staff are very helpful.

Is that the one you took me to? If it is, he's also very handsome.......!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suzanne
07-02-2012, 15:16
It is and yes he is!!!!

Newby
27-02-2012, 13:39
Hi Suzanne, thank you for this info it's really useful. Can you tell me if we can just walk in off the street or will we need to make an app, we are back over nxt wk.

Andrea

Suzanne
27-02-2012, 19:05
Hi Newby,
Yes you can usually walk in. Best time I have found is around 11am. Ask for Antonia, she will help you with everything.
Regards suzanne.

sandra
27-02-2012, 20:00
Hi Suzanne, thank you for this info it's really useful. Can you tell me if we can just walk in off the street or will we need to make an app, we are back over nxt wk.

Andrea I have got a Spanish will and it was worth its weight in gold when my husband passed away. xxx

Newby
28-02-2012, 18:55
Thank you once again Suzanne, can you tell me where this is please, we are up near the spar in Los Cos Cristianos.
Thank you once again for all your help.
Regards
Newby

Newby
11-04-2012, 15:47
Hi Suzzane, thought we'd just drop you a line to say we got our wills done at the notary in Los Cristianos, Edwardo speaks English, he was very helpful, it cost us approx. 50E each & was all done in a day, thanks once again x

kingbaker
12-04-2012, 15:32
:
Hi Suzzane, thought we'd just drop you a line to say we got our wills done at the notary in Los Cristianos, Edwardo speaks English, he was very helpful, it cost us approx. 50E each & was all done in a day, thanks once again x

:wink2: Hope you spelt my name correctly!!:D