PDA

View Full Version : Football Fabio Capello has resigned

imablue
08-02-2012, 20:45
Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager.

The FA confirmed in a statement that the Italian will leave with immediate effect following talks with the FA on Wednesday.

Tom & Sharon
08-02-2012, 21:02
I don't think you'll find many shedding a tear?

How the new 'captain' was supposed to take the reins when Capello stated that "John Terry will always be my captain" I don't know.

Good riddance!

Tom

Simon-M
08-02-2012, 21:20
Time for Harry. Cleared of fraud today. Wants the job. More than capable.

Susief
08-02-2012, 21:55
Steve Kean for England! He's a genius manager with plenty of air miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VideoMem
08-02-2012, 22:56
Not so, whatever happened to Innocent until proven guilty, at least Capello had the guts to say what he believed:devil:

garlicbread
08-02-2012, 23:26
An Italian deserting a sinking ship.....now where did I read that

cainaries
08-02-2012, 23:38
Not so, whatever happened to Inocent until proven guilty, at least Cappello had the guts to say what he believed:devil:

I think you are quite right. Could be some interesting legal repercussions from all this - constructive dismissal particularly if John Terry is found innocent.

YOUNG GOLFER
08-02-2012, 23:58
To be honest who cares if he has left England......we could have the best manager in the world but it would never disguise the fact that England as a football team are just not good enough.
Sorry to say this but the last ten years we have had many a player who are good ,gerrard,JT,lampard ect ect but as a team they rubbish.
We need a NEW lease of life--Manager and Player.

timmylish
09-02-2012, 00:04
What I found strange (as observer), and I notice few English F A ites have, is that Capello was not involved in the discussions which must have taken place at Wembley re the installing the Japanese form of criminal law. Now, had he been, this whole thing need never have arisen and, to make matters worse, a non qualified (in legal terms) Magistrate decided to appoint the trial for a date after the Euro,s rather than appoint it pre the Euros and have the matter dealt with.
But no. Its England and the English F A who just cannot get things done in a simple but professional manner. Beats me when you consider the money the F A have available.
That,s me finished with this unsatisfactory situation, Im, afraid.

CIM
09-02-2012, 00:33
Totally lost interest in England at the last world cup, not a conscious decision, just didn't feel like and dont think I have watched a game since.
The squad of the last 10 years has been awful. No passion, commitment, anything for the cause type of players. Too may overpaid prima donnas and too many manages scared to drop the big names.
The national team is desperately in need of a new lease of life. I hope if Redknapp takes the job it is not until the end of the season as Spurs are doing great at the moment.

Peterrayner
09-02-2012, 06:38
Given the postponment of the trial Terry should have been suspended fior the team not just from the captains role.

The precedent for this as been established when Bowyer and Woodgate were suspended immediatley their trail date had been set IIRC.

This is common practice throughout emplyoment disipilinary situations.

I can recall many instances of policemen nurses doctors etc for example being suspended from duties whilst under investigation

Capello had to resign for a breeech of contract apparently in giving the interview on the matter in Italy and we was also in an impossible position in having to select a new captain when he had publicly declared Terry would always be his captain.

Ricman
09-02-2012, 12:53
Had to go, but not right now ! Like another Italian manager employed in England he does not understand our football. Capello has played Barry 35 times out of the 42 games he has been involved with. He seems to believe that Barry, Milner, Lescott & Johnson will make England serious contenders for the Euro`s. What ??? these should not be regulars at Man City, never mind on the international scene.

However the next manager & hopefully Harry will be stupid enough to take the job on, will assuredly turf out those 4 and the rest of the odd squad that have been so unsuccessful in recent times. But there are only 2 or 3 friendlies before the action starts, leaving the him no time at all to even start to get a team together.

The smart money is on the Faceless FA Fools appointing Stuart, never won anything, Pearce as interim manager. For goodness sake NO. This will mean putting a useless assistant in charge of a squad of Rooneyless no talents.

As always it is in the timing. Apparently the FFF`s had no idea that Capello would resign following their mindless meddling in the Terry affair without any consultation whatsoever. It is a scary fact that of the last 7 managers only 1, McLaren, has been sacked. At what stage do you consider getting rid of the people who employ these managers & then put them in a position that results in
resignations ?

Shugstar63
11-02-2012, 11:06
Got to say I'm pleased Capello has gone....the England side has shown a lack of passion and flamboyance during his reign.
I'd throw Terry Butcher & Stuart Pearce in....might relight the English fires !!!