PDA

View Full Version : Health Are there many Mosquitoes in Los Gigantes, Tenerife at this time of year?

5iron2
08-02-2012, 21:04
Hi,

I am coming to Tenerife - Los Gigantes during February - what is the situation regarding Mosquitoes? are they a problem at this time of year?

I get bitten very easily so need to know what level of precautions to take.

Any help appreciated

BrianT
08-02-2012, 22:00
Hi,

I am coming to Tenerife - Los Gigantes during February - what is the situation regarding Mosquitoes? are they a problem at this time of year?

Any help appreciated

Hi & welcome to the forum, I also get bitten easily in France and Mexico but never in Tenerife.

timmylish
09-02-2012, 00:07
I doubt very much that during your stay here that you,ll be disturbed. Unusual. for the time of year, to be attacked.

samnickgodber
09-02-2012, 18:32
We live up here and there is the odd one or two about x

Tom & Sharon
09-02-2012, 19:33
Hi,

Any help appreciated

I usually get bitten,mainly on the lower legs so i would wear long trousers in the evenings,you may find that you need too in the evenings at this time of year anyway.

We live on Golf del Sur which tends to suffer in the summer evenings with mosquitoes due to the constant evening watering of the two golf courses.

At the moment there are only a few hardy mosquitoes around and i haven't been bitten once,fingers crossed!!

Tom

Sundowner
09-02-2012, 22:25
I have stayed in Los Gigantes in Feb 4 times and never seen a mozzie.......not saying they don't exist.......just never met one!