PDA

View Full Version : Looking for English-Speaking Driving Instructor in North Tenerife

canarybird
09-02-2012, 18:42
Does anyone know of an English-speaking driving instructor in Tenerife north?

I'm asking on behalf of a senior English-speaking resident gentleman who has been driving for years on a non-Spanish licence in other parts of the world, but needs to get his Spanish licence in the next months.

He passed his written test in the La Laguna exam center but failed the road test several times and needs to get help from an instructor to find out why he is failing. His Spanish vocabulary is limited to the point where he hasn't been able to understand where he's going wrong on the road tests and what mistakes he's been making.

He's looking for someone to go out with him in his car and point out what would be classed as errors on the driving road exam.

He would be very grateful for any suggestions for help which I'll pass on to him.

Canarybird

canarybird
11-02-2012, 12:50
Yes he has a drivers' licence from one of the British Commonwealth countries.

I had to go through the whole business myself since I hold a Canadian licence.

canarybird
11-02-2012, 13:34
No I can assure you that there is no reciprocal agreement with Spain for all those countries.

Perhaps some do but there is none for Canada or New Zealand.

There used to be a reciprocal agreement between Canada and Spain but that was cancelled years ago.

(He's not trying to get a British licence, he wants a Spanish one.)

Sorry misread your post at first. The man is living here in Tenerife so won't be taking a British test either.

He's already passed the written Spanish test.

canarybird
11-02-2012, 16:16
Thanks for your replies Satellite, but the problem is that this man isn't resident in the UK and has no UK address, so I imagine it wouldn't be possible for him to be issued a GB drivers licence when he has no residence there.

It would be the same situation here for a EU member applying for a Spanish licence.....one would have to have a Spanish address and register with trafico in Sta. Cruz before being able to exchange a EU licence for a Spanish one.

There was an English-speaking person in the south working with a driving school from whom he was going to take lessons, but that fell through.

What he needs is to have coaching from someone who knows the Spanish road laws well and who will go with him in his car and point out the errors that cause him to fail the road tests.

samnickgodber
12-02-2012, 09:33
When i was doing my lessons, my instructor told me to pay special attention to the road markings, make sure i do a double stop if when required only, and be in control of the gear changes making sure that they are smooth and not rolling back on them (which is a real puzzle as most of the drivers here seem to roll back quite abit) oh and donīt hesitate too much x