PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend an Interpreter in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife??

Pooh
10-06-2011, 13:16
Hi,

Does anyone on the forum know of any interpreter working in the North (Puerto de la Cruz)?
Primarily for getting our residencias some time next week.
(Even if I'm basically able to get through to them what I want, I have found that I usually don't understand when they have questions... so we need an interpreter.)

--Pooh

Brian
10-06-2011, 14:17
In October when we got ours they spoke very good English at the Police Station in Puerto.

Jardin del Mar
10-06-2011, 14:22
Yep know an interpreter in Puerto, very capable & lovely lady. Private email me for her number.

Pooh
10-06-2011, 14:32
In October when we got ours they spoke very good English at the Police Station in Puerto.

Hmm... Ok. I guess it depends on who you get. When I was there in April and got my NIE, the woman didn't speak any English at all.
Not sure if I'm ready to chance it. When I visited my local Ayuntamiento last week, one day there was a woman speaking good English, next day there were only people speaking Spanish.

Yep know an interpreter in Puerto, very capable & lovely lady. Private email me for her number.

Thanks, will do.

canarybird
10-06-2011, 19:14
Hi Pooh...

Yes I also know a very good lady who lives in Puerto and does interpreting and helping foreigners with their papers as her job.

I'll send you her website and phone by pm.

Canarybird

Megaloo
10-06-2011, 19:42
I think you have enough now, but I will say my Husband had to renew his residencia last week and we would not have managed in Puerto without a friend coming who speaks Spanish, so I think Brian was lucky.