PDA

View Full Version : Other What can I do about noisy neighbours in Tenerife'

Nic
11-02-2012, 22:02
My neighbours are having a party at the moment and the noise is unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people having a laugh (I'm young too lol) but they have put huge speakers in the garden and have a child shouting karaoke into a microphone. My hubbie is a musician and says the music is well above the tolerated levels by the police and says you're not allowed to use the speakers they have outside. It's so loud I can't even hear the TV above it. Frank's gone out to work and I've got two little ones (both under three yrs) that are being disturbed too cause of the noise. I don't want to go over and say anything in case I get abuse but I don't want to put up with this all night. Any suggestions?

Margaretta
11-02-2012, 22:11
Nic, are you in the Uk or Tenerife?
Friend in the Uk had the same problem and phoned the council emergency service. They came round quite quickly and they did the warnings etc. I think the deadline in her borough was 11:00p.m.

Nic
11-02-2012, 22:14
I'm in Tenerife. Honestly, the windows are shaking with the noise. I've got double glazing and have every window and door shut and the noise is still a joke. They are Hungarians who are now trying to yodel!

Santiago
11-02-2012, 22:14
Do you know anyone else in the vicinity whom you could ring and ask what they think. Maybe two, or more, of you could make a representation to your neighbours who may not even realise how noisy they are!

Nic
11-02-2012, 22:18
it's not a regular occurance but it really is unbelievably loud. we are across the road while the majority of other neighbours are behind them so we are in direct line of the speakers, they face right into our living room and bedroom, gonna be a long, long night :(

ARGGGGGH HUNGARIAN KARAOKE!!

9PLUS
11-02-2012, 22:41
Rag, Lighter, Milk bottle, Petrol x20

x

christa
11-02-2012, 22:41
If I had two children under 3yrs affected by the noise I would ring the police. But I would first ask the neighbours to keep the music down to an acceptable level.

ruffus
11-02-2012, 22:45
We had a problem with noisy neighbours. Their party went on from 8pm until after midnight, music, shouting, kids screaming, and I had to be up warly for work the next day !! We tried asking them to be quiet, but they took no notice I believe you can call the Police at 11pm and complain about the noise, this is what we did several times. They did come out after 12am,and asked him to turn it right down. Give it a little while, and then call the Police and complain, tell them you have young children, and they might be sympathetic. I feel for you Nic, as I know what you are going through.

wendyJ
11-02-2012, 23:54
If this noise is still ongoing I would call the Policia Local stressing the fact you are alone with 2 young children who along with yourself are distressed. I have done this more than once and found them very sympathetic and sorted it very quickly.
Hope this helps.

Davie Thistle
12-02-2012, 00:55
...........go out and pap a brick thru their window!!

about 4am. ish!!:devil2:

Angusjim
12-02-2012, 09:53
I'm in Tenerife. Honestly, the windows are shaking with the noise. I've got double glazing and have every window and door shut and the noise is still a joke. They are Hungarians who are now trying to yodel!

Hi Nic sorry to hear about your problems last night but I just burst out laughing when you said "they are Hungarians who are now trying to yodel !" that must have put the tin hat on it all Did it sound like this:devil:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU&feature=player_detailpage

chifleta
12-02-2012, 12:43
I was a bit worried for a moment, sounded suspiciously like my brother-in-laws parties (i'm always very glad i'm not his neighbour), but he's Canarian and lives on a finca LOL ........ I would call the police, i've always found that if you complain direct to the ignoranuses they will just take the mickey out of you ..... ohhhh to win the lottery and be able to buy a HUGE plot of land and have no neighbours who like Regetton music and yappy dogs ughh......

Suej
12-02-2012, 13:12

If you live on a Community try and muster up some support from other neighbours and call the Police as soon as they kick off!

9PLUS
12-02-2012, 13:24
I believe you can call the Police at 11pm and complain about the noise, this is what we did several times. They did come out after 12am

You can call the Police at whatever time you'd like. Noise isn't just considered a problem after 10pm but the db levels does reduce.

louisecox
12-02-2012, 15:08
Agree, there is a zero tolerance to loud music in Adeje, you can call the police any time of the day if you are being disturbed by load music. Hope it got sorted Nic in the end, there is nothing more annoying.