PDA

View Full Version : Coruxo FC v CD Tenerife - Sunday FEB 12th @ 11:00

FinnKris
12-02-2012, 11:41
Morning all,

Couldn't find a thread for this game yet so started this one.

I think this will be a tough game, the home team strikes me as a fairly typical middle-of-the-table Spanish team in that whatever points they accumulate during a season they score the vast majority of those at home.

I don't know anything about them, just by looking at the table they seem to be a very low scoring team, averaging roughly a goal scored a game & have a decent to good track record playing at home.

Even though a win would be great for us given the close battle for a top4 position, a draw would be ok as well I feel in the light of the opposition being no mugs at home. But given our recent form & the boost the new players & coach have given us I'm quietly hopeful of all 3 points here.

West mids tyke
12-02-2012, 11:54
http://www.rtvc.es/television/

live 11am on tv canarias

bonitatime
12-02-2012, 11:55
They haven't lost a game at home the only team amongst the 80 in the league.
It will be a tough game looks like Raul will be fit to play and Marcos will not due to a technical decision
If they fight lake last week them I am sure CDT will be ok
Game is on Canal Canarias so it should be out there online.

Fred Perry
12-02-2012, 11:59
At least we are playing on grass this week. The ground is next to that fantastic beach but the temp. is hovering around the 0c mark so not much swimming going on. A few Tenerife fans have made the long trip. Being my boring self I would settle for a draw this morning.

FinnKris
12-02-2012, 12:28
The starting line up is quite interesting, a bit hard to make out the exact formation as the main camera seems to be almost on the ground level.

But looks like a 4-2-3-1 formation as per usual with the ever present Sergio Aragoneses in goal and then (from left to right):

Llorente-Tarantino-Sicilia-Cristobal ; Kitoko-Loro ; Ferran Tacon-Kike Lopez-Chechu ; Perona

So Loro has dropped fairly deep into the midfield, presumably to allow him space to make the play. Not sure about this, I think he would be more effective further up field playing of the main striker as he is quite dangerous as a goal scoring threat. Perona is back in the starting line up, which is fair enough as he is our top scorer. But in a game like this where we will (presumably) be defending a lot & hoofing the ball long I'd like to see Kiko Raton up there to challenge aerially in place of Kike Lopez.

Added after 3 minutes:

And as I was typing that CDT scored after fantastic work by Loro in midfield to play in Chechu to score. Presumably exactly what the coach was looking for so what do I know!

Added after 17 minutes:

0-1 Half time score Coruxo-CDT

Fairly even first half, home team seems dangerous from set pieces, they haven't had many chances from open play though. CDT had a fantastic chance to go 2 up towards the end of the first half when we broke 3 on 1 but Kike Lopez' final ball in was poor & allowed their defense to get back to clear it in the end. Looks like both our full backs are struggling a bit, I think both of them are on yellow cards now so a bit of a worry that.

FinnKris
12-02-2012, 13:53
0-1 to CDT the final score.

Hell Yeah!!!, another great great 3 points although we made hard work of it, basically defending most of the second half. Only blemish was a second yellow for impressive left back Llorente.

Fred Perry
12-02-2012, 14:09
Yesss!!!!

Three wins on the bounce (a rarity concerning CDT). So, we have now learnt to play ugly and win under this new manager,Tebar. That is important. Curuxo were the only unbeaten team out of the 80 in the 2nd B.

Real Madrid B seem unstopable, they won again away today 2-4 at Gefate B, who are no mugs.
Tenerife up to 2nd place, waiting on other results later on. We could do with Albacete and Rayo B drawing and Lugo slipping up against Marino de Luanco which is possible (bit of a derby game).

Oviedo play at home to At.Madrid B and I can´t see anything else but a home win.

FinnKris
12-02-2012, 14:21
I must say this was a fantastic win really, it moves us temporarily into second 6 points behind Real Madrid Castilla who unsurprisingly won away to Getafe B (if you are a bit cynical like myself this win comes as no surprise at all as whenever any RM team need 3 points they get them every single time of Getafe...).

But most importantly it keeps our momentum under the new coach going, what a great start to his reign this is. And new boy Loro really looks the goods, another great signing, fantastic work by the management in this transfer window, although I'm still not sold on Kike Lopez, but Llorente & Aridane have both been excellent in their respective roles.

My stream started to play up a bit during the second half & I was also nervously watching the women's biathlon World Cup at the same time as my fellow Finn Kaisa Mäkäräinen was skiing for the win (& winning at home in the end!), but it didn't look like the home team was going to score unless we made a mistake in defense. I really feel that Pablo Sicilia has made a tremendous difference to our defensive stability. Although we had a decent record even before he came back from injury, we now look so much more solid overall.

Shame about Llorente's second yellow which should mean he misses next week's home game vs Getafe, but otherwise looking forward to that one as we are on quite a roll, and long may it continue!

bonitatime
13-02-2012, 11:09
Not sure what you are implying about Getafe as the first teams last match was very hard fought. I am sure Àngel Torres would take great offense to your slur.

Although the team didn't look that good in the second half they didn't move back as they have in previous games and therefore there was no real danger
It is the first time since the 8/9 season we have managed 3 wins in a row. A fortuitous sign I feel

redarrow
13-02-2012, 12:03
My only criticism was the late substitution of Perona for Ayoze as we were still moving the ball forward to take the pressure off the defence. As soon as the substitution was made we were on the back foot, as we had one less outlet.