PDA

View Full Version : Sean Penn is a TOTAL PRAT !

garlicbread
14-02-2012, 12:27
and here's the proof

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100136703/sean-penn%E2%80%99s-bizarre-anti-british-rant-is-laughable-even-by-hollywood-standards/

Vortex Wake
14-02-2012, 12:44
Yes , saw that crap last night.

caroletenerife
14-02-2012, 12:56
he jumps on the band wagon of the day. But it is changed days from the 80's, Thatcher had to argue hard with the US for support, and only got it because of her special relationship with Reagan. Obama couldnt care less about the UK, we would be alone this time if anything kicked off. With the cuts to our armed services and responsibilities elsewhere in the world, could we realistically retake it?

Simon-M
14-02-2012, 16:09
he jumps on the band wagon of the day. But it is changed days from the 80's, Thatcher had to argue hard with the US for support, and only got it because of her special relationship with Reagan. Obama couldnt care less about the UK, we would be alone this time if anything kicked off. With the cuts to our armed services and responsibilities elsewhere in the world, could we realistically retake it?

Let them have it. Like we can afford it anyway. I don't see the point in holding on to any of these dependencies. The world made us look like the bad guy over every single bit of land we ever had outside of the UK and "Lilly livered liberals" have given most of it up regardless of the blood spilled to get it in the first place. So WTF are we arguing over this tiny outcrop for?

9PLUS
14-02-2012, 17:03
So WTF are we arguing over this tiny outcrop for?

It's all about the Army and minerals.

Also i have quite a few friends from Argentina they believe that the Botox Lady is using this as a smoke screen to cover up corruption

Magics greatest secret is the magic wand. The Magic wand does one thing in one hand whilst the other hand does something else unseen.

Simon-M
14-02-2012, 17:15
It's all about the Army and minerals.

It won't be worth it!

9PLUS
14-02-2012, 17:26
It won't be worth it!

At the moment it's looking that way because the quality of Oil so far has been poor quality

But it a very untouched area so it could turn out to be very lucrative. The argis lost the war and lost the right to the Falklands.

They would also lose again if they went to war over the Falklands. The UK may well be a little outcrop as well but its still very powerful. I believe its one of only 2 countries that can really do what they want the other being the USA.

Sean Penn is a dic

Simon-M
14-02-2012, 18:31
At the moment it's looking that way because the quality of Oil so far has been poor quality

But it a very untouched area so it could turn out to be very lucrative. The argis lost the war and lost the right to the Falklands.

They would also lose again if they went to war over the Falklands. The UK may well be a little outcrop as well but its still very powerful. I believe its one of only 2 countries that can really do what they want the other being the USA.

Sean Penn is a dic

So would you put your life on the line for it?

Yes ...Sean Penn.. = but not less than a dic.

tonypub
14-02-2012, 19:22
sean penn is a man united fan,sez it all really:fpull:

TenerifeTeddy
14-02-2012, 19:32
I spent a year in the Falklands over a period of 3 detachments and got to know some of the people in Stanley and out in the Camps quite well. Without any hesitation they all 100% want to remain British.

260 British lives were lost and 700 injured during the Falklands campaign, it would be a stain on their memory if the Falklands were to be handed to the Argentines without the explicit consent of the islanders, many of whom can trace their ancestry back many generations there.

The Argentines do not have the military capability or I believe the will for another armed conflict, hence the ramping up of the political pressure via the UN etc. Chavez of Venezuela says he would join any conflict, and yes he does have an aircraft carrier but it dates from the second world war, and in these days of hunter/killer submarines is just a big fat target. He would never risk it because he would lose so much face if it were to be sunk.

As 9Plus says, the real reason for Kirchner ramping up the ante is to hide problems at home, and act on something she knows will build up patriotic fervour. They of course would also like to lay claim to the natural resources in the area.

I think this will rumble on but IMO I don't think it heralds another armed conflict, just a war of words with Argentina making life as difficult as possible for the islanders, regarding resupply via ship and trade etc.

dokgolf
14-02-2012, 19:45
How did the UK come to have ownership of the islands?

caroletenerife
14-02-2012, 20:03
I think it bounced between the Spanish and British, in the days when both countries were forces to be reckoned with.

chips
15-02-2012, 20:16
America was started by colonists who took the over the native American lands and since then they have never stopped interfering with every single goverment in world if they dont agree with anyones political veiws they go out of their way to change them ,what about Hawaii? and Grenada mind you that was the only war they won on their own ,they still cant figure out why no one likes them ,the richest country in the world with the poorest poor ,look to your own Mr Penn you should be ashamed . Chips

dokgolf
15-02-2012, 20:32
Where did the colonists come from??

chips
15-02-2012, 20:49
Take your pick of countries Dok ,it just that their jealous of our history really ,lol. Chips

beerfan
15-02-2012, 21:31
How did the UK come to have ownership of the islands?

History of the Falkland Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Falkland_Islands)

For all practical purposes, the Argentines have absolutely no claim to the Falkland Islands. They are British and so are the islanders. It's not like Northern Ireland where there is an internal dispute regarding sovereignty - all that is happening here is that a nearby country is attempting to bully the natives into submission (a bit like Gibraltar).

The Falklands are British. End of story.

tmfkahs
15-02-2012, 22:19
History of the Falkland Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Falkland_Islands)

For all practical purposes, the Argentines have absolutely no claim to the Falkland Islands. They are British and so are the islanders. It's not like Northern Ireland where there is an internal dispute regarding sovereignty - all that is happening here is that a nearby country is attempting to bully the natives into submission (a bit like Gibraltar).

The Falklands are British. End of story.

Nice link

the falklands over 500 years

here is a link to the earth over 4.5 billion years.

Find where it says the Falklands are British, Argentinian, American, Pennish and post the link please.

They are available to the power most powerful at the time. Send in the troops and watch them die. End of story.