PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the newbies

immortalsoul
14-02-2012, 19:50
Hi everone. We are David and Barbara, currently in the UK. Having been unable to successfully buy a home on the Spanish mainland in 2001, (long story and the court case is still ongoing) we ended up buying a home in Turkey. We realize that everything we really wanted is istill in Spain and in particular Tenerife, and have decided that once my wife retires, we want to up sticks and head your way. :). If anyone has any advice on what the property market is doing at the moment, it would be much appreciated.

slodgedad
14-02-2012, 21:27
Hi, immortalsoul and welcome to the Forum.

:welcome: Hope you enjoy it as much as me. :welcome:

immortalsoul
14-02-2012, 21:42
thanks slodgedad like the location, (in the doghouse0 there quite a bit myself.

Sal
14-02-2012, 22:06
Hi immortalsoul and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of relevant info in various places on the forum.
We also intend to retire to Tenerife.

Good luck! :goodluck:

immortalsoul
14-02-2012, 22:28
Hi Sue and thanks will keep looking . Have you found an area you prefer yet? immortalsoul

doreen
14-02-2012, 23:01
Hi Immortalsoul ... welcome to you both. Have a look around in the Living In/Moving to Tenerife section to see what people are saying ... and if you have a bad case of insomnia some night, start ploughing through our Illegal Lettings thread - tips about what to avoid, various controversies and opinions on the property market all hidden therein :)

Stephens
15-02-2012, 07:15
good luck. I am new.

immortalsoul
15-02-2012, 10:26
Hi Doreen, thanks for the info, i better start burning the midnight oil and get looking. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. dave